Temptation Cruise

Discussion in 'Temptation and Desire Cruises' started by Al and Kim, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Bryan O

Bryan O Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    We are newbies and we booked last week, we are very excited about it and looking forward to meeting people. Deck 10 with balcony. I used the promo code for the discount.

2. Partyometer

Partyometer I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +579 / 1
    Oooo! What's your room number? We are cabin 1002! We may be neighbors!

3. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    Word is that the prices go up midnight February 18th..... could be hype, could be real......

We've booked! :)

We're on the 9th.... wanted a deck between us and the foot stomping at the pool and restaurants. ;)

Jamie

4. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    This is a tough one for us. @Partyometer as you know we are very conflicted on what to do.

Pros
    Chinos
    we like that it is 5 days and not 7
    The price is right currently at 2450ish in an ocean view cabin w balcony
    nothing like 1000+ of like minded people in one location including some of our best buds

Cons
    Cruises typically dont appeal to us (small spaces, boat aspect)
    Always imagined our first cruise being more exotic... grand cayman and cozumel... been there done that. Like that Desire French Riviera cruise
    Sounds like more rules than a Desire cruise (no playroom, not clothing optional, etc)

Sounds like we have a week to decide as if they raise prices no chance we would go. I do question whether they will though as they seem to have many cabins still available. Maybe the threat drives booking but will be interesting to see if it actually goes up.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. jnine

jnine I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2,819 / 3
    We paid around $ 1900 all fees included for an interior room on deck 9 and that is with the CHINOS20 discount. We really debated paying more for a balcony but figured that it would be like every stay at TTR for us in that we really use the room very little. It was going to be very much like a Trendy Garden View TTR room in that as long as the room was clean and cozy we would be good to go with the cheaper room. No problem! But the price is scheduled to rise on the 18th and this was told to us by Chinos last Friday night. I am curious if it does not book close to capacity if there will then be another sale at some point. It's our first cruise as well, and this seemed like a great opportunity to experience one that is sure to be a good time. Very excited about it!

6. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5

In looking at your cons.... small spaces... since you've never been on a cruise before I can understand the thought but people have often equated an all-inclusive resort like a cruise ship that doesn't move. It will actually be bigger that TTR in some respects... yeah no beach to head out to but the upper decks at night... just watch for cameras... :)

Yeah... cruises can be more exotic... just figure this is a training run.. if you like it, the world is your oyster.. if not.. well you had one hell of a party....

And yeah... it's TTR not Desire......

Your pros all seem to hit the good stuff.....

So all in all... it's pretty much a 5 day trip to TTR but with the possibility of meeting up with people that go other times of the year... I've been watching who's going and thinking about asking Steve is we can do a Cruise Roll Call. That might be over the top but there are several couples that I would like to meet in person after talking to for years that are looking to be on the cruise.. would hate to be in the same place for 5 days and never find them. :)

Jamie

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Len from the Floor

Len from the Floor Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +556 / 3
    @Jen&Kyle I agree with @Jamie - you will find that the rooms do not feel nearly as small as they look. But there is a warning - when you first walk in the room you will think I was full of crap - it takes about 12 hours to get over the small size. And - the bathroom will feel small (because it is) the entire trip . :) My comment is based in having stayed in exteriors cabins - no experience with an interior room. All advice IMHO.

8. Partyometer

Ratings:
    +579 / 1
    Oh Kyle, you have a flair for drama. Just book the damn cruise and prepare for the fun. You know you want to! XOXO

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. Partyometer

Ratings:
    +579 / 1
    And also @Jen&Kyle , your "been there, done that" logic doesn't sit well with this crowd.... you forget that we all love to go back to the same flippin' place time and time and time and time and time again. ;-)

10. Al and Kim

Al and Kim Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 4
    We have cruised several times in the past and keep going back and forth between cruises and all-inclusives. You are right, Len, about the room. Not much time spent there. We enjoy a balcony room because at night you can open the door and fall asleep to the sounds of the ocean. Also it is nice to wake up and walk out to a whole new view everyday.
    The biggest pro or con, depending on how you look at it, is on a cruise you are always looking at the time. They hand out an itinerary for the day and you find yourself wanting to do things at different times of the day. Bring a watch.
    Since we live in Clearwater, we have take advantage of the fact that they are bring Temptation to us. Jump on board! It will be a blast from the past with Chinos doing the activities on board. Great chance for the post Chinos newbies to get an idea of what Temptation was.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice