I Don't Drink Alcohol

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Jetsgo5, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Jetsgo5

Jetsgo5 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    My wife and I are looking for a place to go for anniversary and this place checks all the boxes. But my concern is being able to fit in as a non-drinker. Will it be easy to make friends around the bar if I'm just drinking Diet Coke? I know that since I quit drinking I have a hard time fitting in at parties locally as it seems like all the drinkers stick to themselves. Alcohol tends to bring people together and I don't want to go And be excluded from socializing because of this. What's your thoughts?

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
  2. Mkequals

Mkequals Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +143 / 0
    I've been twice, never drank, never felt out of place once. You'll have a great time.

3. Jetsgo5

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Im sure im over analyzing but just want to here from others. Is the secondary pool area just as fun as the main tower or is it more laid back?

4. LionsNzebras

LionsNzebras I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0
    In most cases its a total dead zone. In 2013-2014 we were there lots of times, never saw a soul.

In your cup, just have diet pop, and turn down shots. No one will care much. It will be more than fine. My Best friend came with us in 2013 and she is AA. (if you need, there is also a group meeting close by the hotel)

5. Jetsgo5

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I had to quit because of another medical issue and once that cleared up I never went back to drinking. It just felt so good and it had been over a year so I just stayed the course and never looked back.

6. ging

ging Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +463 / 1
    I’ll be honest I don’t think I’d notice if someone wasn’t drinking.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  7. Jessica

Jessica Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +723 / 1
    In my experience... if someone offers you a shot just say you've already had enough instead of "I dont drink"... as a bartender I've seen that kind of thing actually alienate people. Tell the bartender. They will even pour you juice or water shots just to convince other people you're getting sauced so they dont even bother asking haha. Just tell the bartender you'll take your special drink or special shot with a wink. Those guys are ON YOUR SIDE!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. tease

tease Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 2
    I know i personally wouldnt pay attention really dont care whats in someone else cup and i look at like anything else i offer you a drink and you say “ no” no biggie thats your choice,,,,,

(.Y.)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. funcpl27

funcpl27 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +917 / 16
    If you don't drink I think you'd be better off going somewhere else.

• Dislike Dislike x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 6
    • List
  10. Fredmgill

Fredmgill Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0
    WOW, I cannot disagree with this advise any more. We will be going on trip 15 (since 2010) in May and have trip 16 booked for Halloween. I drink very minimal and my wife has never drank in her life. As some of you know my wife as the "Whipped Cream Girl" she is considered the life of the party. Folks can't believe she doesn't drink and are amazed how much fun she has without alcohol. It's all about attitude and frame of mind. If you are a fun loving person without alcohol then you should be the same with alcohol. Definitely GO. If you are secure in your relationship than I guarantee this will be the time of your life.
    There's an old saying about drinking: "Alcohol enhances your personality, but what if you are already an asshole"
    Where ever you go you will find those types, they are certainly at a minimal at Temptations........ GO

Paul

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice