Gos vs ttr for budget minded and kinda shy newbies....

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Sens' started by FirsttimerTX, Jan 8, 2019.

1. FirsttimerTX

FirsttimerTX Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Making REALLY early plans for Nov or Dec... maybe even the week of New Years 2020... but I gotta make sure everything is as near perfect as possible so I'm trying to get as much info as I can. This is our first real trip, just the two of us, since we got married. This would be a trip to celebrate our 20th anniversary in Nov. We are trying to decide between what seems like the fun atmosphere of TTR (not the tower unfortunately $$$) and the more budget friendly GOS.

I think we would REALLY like TTR, the wife however is not sure its her cup of tea. We aren't really party people.. but we like being around parties and people watching. We aren't the kind of people who can get a party started if the place isn't already jumping. She is however willing to consider it and maybe even participate a tiny bit if activities are going on. Unfortunately we also have to consider budget and its at the absolute top of our price range. GOS on the other hand is much more affordable, even if we upgrade. Which from what I am seeing in other threads, you basically HAVE to upgrade for true all inclusivness. It also sounds to me like TTR is always jumping.. but GOS you kindof have to get the party going yourself, not depend on the resort activities.

I'm just trying to figure out from people who have been to both, hopefully fairly recently... Is it worth the extra money for TTR? From what I have read, the activities and food are better.. but are they THAT much better?

I've also read a few things about the poor conditions at GOS. Is that something that has been improved upon recently? Or were those maybe flukes where a couple of people just got crummy rooms but the rest are fine? Like I said, this is our first time to ever be able to take a trip like this and who knows how long it will be until we can take another one, so I want to go all out... but not overwhelm the Mrs. It has to all be near perfect. No pressure... right? lol

No matter where we stay, we are hoping to make friends on here with people going around that time... I know its early but I figure some people already know if they will be there late this year. It will be just the two of us so would be great to find people who can kind of show us the ropes. Maybe help us get out of our shells a bit and participate. Maybe even show us some of the sites/activities away from the resort. We do plan on doing a few touristy things around Cancun.. not just stay at the resort the WHOLE time. But before anyone suggests it... Boobs Cruise is out... I already KNOW that is too much for her...lol

2. jdemp

jdemp Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +166 / 0
    TTR is worth the extra,gos is terrible

3. Donna & Tim

Donna & Tim I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,605 / 6
    Never been to GOS so I can't comment on that but we have been to TTR several times and it's all what you make it. If you want to party it's there, if you want to chill that's there too. The basic tower rooms aren't that much more $$ if you shop around and have dates that are flexible. I my opinion the roof top is the best of both chill and crazy and cant be beat.

T

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  4. Danny&Jenny

Danny&Jenny Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +179 / 0
    I have not been to GOS. During the period that TTR was closed I did a ton of research about GOS. Most of the feedback that helped me make my decision you can find on this page if you search. Although there were a few who thought the place was OK, the majority had major complaints about it. I have heard a lot of direct feedback from people that went to GOS during the TTR shutdown and very little was positive. I am very happy I made the decision not to go there.
    This was a couple years ago so maybe things are a lot better now. Good luck

5. jdemp

Ratings:
    +166 / 0
    We went during shutdown,no food after 10.00 PM just a pretty boring place,if you need alone time great,food not that good,very few choices

6. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    Damn...every time I see you post I suddenly get real thirsty!
    And I don’t even like Busch...

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. jdemp

Ratings:
    +166 / 0
  8. FakeNewsTeam

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    It is a beutiful site and quite a talent too.
    There it goes again...someone get me a beet!

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  9. MajesticMelons

MajesticMelons Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 3
    That might just be the perfect beer coozie

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. FakeNewsTeam

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    lol that was beer, not beet!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice