To golden or not to golden april 2019

Discussion in 'Golden Parnassus Forum' started by St Louis Blues, Dec 17, 2018.

1. St Louis Blues

St Louis Blues Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 1
    We are planning an all inclusive in April. We've been to Golden twice and enjoyed it. From reading various forums (not just here) it seems to be getting quieter and even more conservative. I really think Temptations would be a bit too much for us. Any suggestions of a place that is somewhere between Temptations and Golden as far as partying goes? Thanks

2. vacationfun2

vacationfun2 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +346 / 1
    TTR has a quiet pool and a so-so beach. You can enjoy the day there and visit the party pool for awhile. It gives you a lot of options. At the Golden you have just one option. We do not of other resorts that have numerous options. Most are very quiet after 11PM.

3. SUPnSun

SUPnSun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +419 / 1
    Lots of quieter places at TTR. The quiet pool, and the roof pool were laid back when we were there. As a place to lounge or have a normal conversation both were great. Even the sexy pool is large enough that you can get away from the ‘party’ and have some space.

We enjoyed that there always seemed to be multiple levels of party going on. If you didn’t feel like it you could just find a spot and hang and nobody would bother you, or you could get right into the mix at the sexy pool bar. It’s up to you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. St Louis Blues

Ratings:
    +49 / 1
    Thanks for the info. The beach at Golden looked way better than what I could see of the beach at TTR Comparing rooms and food....would you pick one over the other? Anyone know if Golden still uses those damn keys for their safes (instead of a locking code)?

5. drexal

drexal Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    We’ve been the last two years and going back in February we have a group of about 10 and I’m sure it won’t be quite lol the party is the people we had loud crazy nights and we had quite nights but for the most part we love the service and the party just sometimes you gotta get the party going

6. SUPnSun

SUPnSun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +419 / 1
    I can only comment on our experience at TTR.

The rooms are fine at TTR, very modern and sleek. They were clean, and had nice touches. Great for a hotel room, but I couldn’t imagine having surfaces like that in my house (glossy...). We stayed in the Tower so everything was new.

Food is fine. It’s such a personal thing it’s hard to say.

I can say that the Beach at TTR is small... very small. We hung out there for a few hours over the week, we like to Paddle board and kayak. So that was our early afternoon thing.

The main draw for us was the social aspect. The people at TTR are so friendly. We met people from all over the place, and it was cool to be able to walk down through the lobby and run into people you knew. Always had spots to chill and people to hang out with at Bash and in the pool. Just people looking to have fun.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,612 / 4
    Been to GP twice and TTR three times. There is nothing in between that would be worth going. Don’t be intimidate by TTR. There are of places to get away, and plenty of places to get in the middle of fun. It’s really the best of both worlds. And the price is the closest to GP. I see no risk at all in going to TTR. the only negative would be the beach. It may not be near as nice, but at least you can get in the water. At GP it has much rougher surf.

As for food, post renovation it would be rated above GP in our opinion.

8. St Louis Blues

Ratings:
    +49 / 1
    Thanks for your responses in this thread. We ended up booking at Temptations 4/23 - 4/30

First time there. Excited and nervous...............but looking forward to it!!!!!

9. texcpl0412

texcpl0412 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    We have been to Golden 3 times and TTR 12 times. After the TTR renovations everything changed. They want to push the Premier memberships on everyone. The atmosphere changed and the prices went through the roof. It is $1300 difference between the 2 for the same week, flight and transfers. We will be coming back to Golden and hope some our friends will come also. We will miss the theme nights, they were a lot of fun. We are going May 18-25, hope to meet new friends.

10. iowa farmers

iowa farmers Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +995 / 10
    Been to golden once, only because TTR was closed then split it with another resort. Loved the beach this March were taking family to Hard Rock resort two resorts down from Golden. It looks fun, even with kids, hopefully

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice