November Trip Report

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by Epic & Jewel, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Epic & Jewel

Epic & Jewel Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,557 / 0
    I always enjoy a good trip report so in return I thought I should share some details from our recent adventure. We enjoyed our second trip November 8th - 12th. I'm going to start of by giving it an overall rating of FOUR BUSES because it feels like that's how many buses hit me just two days removed from our trip. That's a very good rating but I'm saving room for a fifth bus on an upcoming trip...I think we can improve.

I'll start with the Pros:

* Check in was a breeze. We filled out the Express Check-In online a week in advance of our trip. I have to assume this helped as once we reached the front desk we did not have any paperwork to fill out. All we had to do was accept our pretty blue wristbands and supply a credit card for incidentals. Easy Peasy. We barely had time to finish our tasty cocktail that we were greeted with in the lobby.

* Walking in the lobby was just as spectacular as on our first trip. We are part of the group who really loves the modern decor and it is on full display in the lobby and the view out the water as you walk in is fantastic. For me, it is the moment that vacation truly starts. Everything still looked fresh and new and clean. I'll be honest that I expected that in just one year the place would already have the new knocked off but I think it looked just as good (maybe better) as it did last November when we made our first trip.

* Speaking of pretty blue wristbands, we decided this year to upgrade to the Bash Tower room. I know that many say they are not at Temptation to spend time in their room and I agree with that statement, but a nice room sets the tone for a nice stay. The Bash Tower rooms are enough larger that the stay is more comfortable. The bathroom has more space and place to put toiletries, there is more room to maneuver in the room and the view is much better. Nothing wrong with the Garden View rooms but for us the upgrade was worth it.

* The Sexy Pool was calling our names. We rushed through a quick lunch then made the quick change in the lobby restroom (we were prepared for our room to not be ready yet) and headed straight to the pool. We are fortunate that we left our home that morning at 5:00 am and by approximately 1:00 pm we were enjoying drinks poolside. I feel so bad for those of you with long travel days. We are spoiled. Anyway, it didn't take long for Jewel to make her first appearance. We had friends arriving at 5:00 so I tried to hold her back but the harder I tried the harder she applied the throttle. Many shots and a literal bar crawl later we stumbled our way back to the lobby to meet our friends and check into our own room. A special thank you to whoever it was that took the pictures of us just outside of the lobby with my phone. Neither of us remember posing for a picture but we sure look like we were having fun!

* Bash was great again. It was full and I estimate at least 80% of the people had some level of costume each night. Some of the complaining about the music must be getting through to the DJ. I wasn't blown away, but there were multiple times I found myself noticing a good transition of songs and never did I think that it was just someone hitting play on a playlist. I recognize that there is a wide variety of music taste and in my opinion the DJ did a good job of covering the bases while keeping the party energized.

* The rooftop pool was not complete last year when we were there so we were excited to check it out this year. We stopped in on Saturday just to take a few pictures before heading down to the Sexy Pool for the foam party (SO MUCH FUN) but there were not many people up there. Despite that, we recognized that this rooftop pool was the most beautiful area on the resort. They absolutely nailed it. The pool is an intimate size and shape yet large enough for a good group of people. The deck chair and umbrellas are stylish and available. The bar area has space to move and gives an upscale feel. We knew we would be back the next day. On Sunday we went back and stayed much longer. They were playing house music at the perfect level to enjoy yet talk through. It was a welcome change from the live rock band playing at the Sexy Pool on Sunday. The crowd on Sunday was much larger and we really enjoyed it. No doubt we will spend much more time up there on our next trip.

* The weather was absolutely PERFECT the entire weekend. It was 85 degrees and crystal clear during the day and 78 degrees during the evening. The pool temperature was spot on. It was cool enough to provide some relief from the sun but not too cold to just step straight in.

* How could I list the PROS without listing the people. If I were listing this in the order of importance it would have to be first. We met up with many incredible friends who we met for the first time last year. The only drawback of hanging out with friends we already knew is that it cut into our time of meeting even more new people. However, we still managed to meet even more fantastic and sexy people. The shame of it is that we go through our lives every day and don't take the time to interact with people the same way as we do at Temptation. I wish we could. We can talk about rooms and food and pools and music and sexy vibe all day but at the end of the day it is meeting people that is our favorite part and why we are already booking our next trip.

Cons:

* We had to leave.

• Like Like x 27
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
  2. BigPapaPuff

BigPapaPuff Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 2
    Great trip report! Sounds like a great time was had!!

3. Lindilou

Lindilou Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +923 / 1
    Great report! You're making us feel like the next 12 days will never pass. Heading down for the 27th!! :marshe:

4. Neverfales

Neverfales Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +580 / 1
    Great trip report from Epic and Jewel. They are cut from the same newbie cloth that we are (same age, sexy wives and husbands who are WAY into them, didn't start going to TTR until the new place opened, etc) and we love their honest, direct analysis of things. A little birdie tells me that this trip launched them into TTR rockstar status and there will be stories of them being passed around CCC and the Sexy Pool until at least next year--when they'll return to make new ones. I've been told by some of you veterans that there are certain couples that you make a special point to see at TTR--who make the whole scene better, sexier, and more interesting. I'm guessing Epic and Jewel have become one of those couples.

5. Rich&Jo

Rich&Jo Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +815 / 0
    Great report! Your experience has been very similar to ours. We’ve been twice as well and both after the renovation. First trip stayed in Bash Tower and latest in Garden View due to last minute booking. I agree the additional space in both the bathroom and room is worth it for us in Bash. Trip 3 is booked in Bash. In addition I thought I was going to break an ankle every 2:00am drunken stupor walk back to the garden room w the hallway half ramp half stairs thing happening at every turn. Luckily I survived that. We didn’t have any issues w the music either. Yes there might be some repetitiveness but we didn’t mind. We both love dancing and I love watching my wife dance so all we need is a decent beat. Besides the first couple songs I couldn’t tell you what was played the rest of the night anyway! We feel lucky to have pretty much gone just us on each trip which gave us the opportunity to bounce around and meet all sorts of fun new people. Maybe one of these next trips we’ll be able to run into Epic and Jewell! Thx for sharing.

6. Epic & Jewel

Epic & Jewel Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,557 / 0
    I don't know about all that, but what I do know is that if we are rockstars then we are humbled to be invited to the rockstar convention because when we look around at Bash or the Sexy Pool all we see are fellow rockstars!!! I just wish my manager would book more tour dates at Temptation. :marshe:

7. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    Thanks for the report!

8. magicmat

magicmat Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +144 / 0
    Really great trip report, so glad you had a good trip. Loved seeing and partying with you at various times and levels if drunkiness! You guys rock

9. Bryan21178

Bryan21178 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +468 / 0
    Nice report,

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice