Newbie Trip Report To Temptation(for Other Newbies Too)

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by M&MfromLA, Sep 24, 2018.

1. BigPapaPuff

BigPapaPuff Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 2
    Great trip review! Makes us want to be there right now!! We always tips well, some of the servers remember and we always get good service.

2. hotfitcpl

hotfitcpl Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +619 / 1
    Interesting.....I worked as a bartender for 10 years so I figure I'm pretty aware of what a good bartender should be. I can honestly say that after over 5 days of smiles, please and thank yous in my limited spanish and tipping, I have never seen such poor and impersonable service from bartenders at a resort in my life, and that goes for our whole group. I met a couple who were on a day pass from Desire and they said that because of the shitty bar service they would never come to TTR, and I agreed with them if it is important. The restautant service was always good to great but the pool and lobby bar service is nothing short of fucking terrible. Period. Sorry guys but its the truth.
    I should be clear again that the restaurant service and room service is very good though.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. M&MfromLA

M&MfromLA Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +581 / 0
    I hear what you're saying and agree with it. For us, I think we just meant that some take the all inclusive aspect of it super serious and think they shouldn't drop a single dollar all day. But yes, agreed...bartending out at Temptations is not exactly the same level as working at a top level spot anywhere else.

4. cnparda

cnparda Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,247 / 1
    This is interesting, we have been to TTR 4 Times and never had bar service that we remembered as being poor. Also, maybe we are different but on the whole scheme of things, excellent bar service would not be on our top 5 necessary things to make a great resort.

5. Deleted member 40096

Deleted member 40096 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    As we are here now and we see a difference in the service over our last trip a year ago. We payed close attention to this yesterday and kinda figured it out.
    The Sexy pool was not busy and they had 4 staff on the lower side. Often 3 of them would be seen gathered talking at one end or the other.
    The pool side servers are great as always. When we moved to the beach for a bit she followed us and continued to be our server.

6. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    Basically it is what it is and everyone needs to find their way.

We are Premier and use the Tiki hut bar for drinks and get excellent service.
    Of course we tip well for what we consume as we have relatively large Bubbas and dont need refills as often.
    And we know the guys and typically tip at the beginning of the day and add more later if we drink excessively.
    They know the deal and treat us well.
    And of course it means getting out of the pool each time which is good anyway since it makes us mingle more as opposed to becoming cemented in one spot.
    Also once I pop the seal I have to head to the restroom every 11-13 minutes anyway.
    I certify that I, nor my wife are pool pee-eers!

On a tangent thought it is slmost like the need pool time- out every hour to force people out to pee. Kind of like a kiddie break at some of the family style pools...rest, bathroom break, and water consumption for the good of us all!!!

Ss for the beach we use the waitress and tip her well enough then she continues to check on us.
    We order food too.
    Sometimes if having to head to the restroom we stop at the hut and get our own.

As for the dry side of the pool bar, I have not yet used it.
    For the water side we typically use the Premier end which is up towards the shaded pool overhang, and usually for shots or additional drinks.
    It is true that it is too understaffed but we typically have not waited that long once we get their attention.
    We tip per drink(s).

As someone else posted, sorry, but nice nitties do get their attention and my wife typically leads the way for us by kneeling on the stool and leaning over some ;)
    A big smile and talking to them and knowing their names helps too.
    Basically bribery!

At Bash we typically hang near the tent end and usually get decent enough service and tip per drink or use waitress. Again we get to know them some.
    We also like the lobby bar and again it is the same.

Lets face it their are typically lots of people looking for and expecting service as well as limited staff. They work their asses off trying to meet everyone’s needs...all at once.
    So sometimes all of us have to wait a few minuts.
    We all know that the wait always feels much longer then it actually is.

Yes it could be improved by adding staff but than again there is limited space to work and move around in.

Just my 2 cents and experince at TTR.

Paul

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
  7. Donna & Tim

Donna & Tim I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,605 / 6
    We never had bad service from any of the bar tenders at TTR in our past trips, sometimes you just have to wait your turn and be patient. I'm on vacation and time doesn't matter. We will see how it goes in about a month's time from now.
    I'm pretty sure everyone is a little critical of the fields their in or have been in. I've worked in the automotive business for over 40 years, in my mind there are very few can fix it better than me.

T

8. Lindilou

Lindilou Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +923 / 1
    Thanks for the review. This has just put us in the waiting groove for our second trip in November....you guys nailed it and we can't wait to get there...again!

9. Bryan21178

Bryan21178 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +468 / 0
    Nice report! You nailed it.

10. MCP_&_HeavyD

MCP_&_HeavyD Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +330 / 1
    Great report! Regarding poolside bar and tipping, we tip big in the AM when we get there and use the same bartender all day. Same in evening at bash, we’ll tip big when we walk in and wait for same guy all night and get drinks. Usually by end of day 2 we have drinks waiting for us when we walk up and they are super friendly. We also give them free reign on making us shots if they are really good. Always love giving someone a platform to use their talents. Found out recently Ramses left which is super sad as he was their #1 bartender to us.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice