Newbie Trip Report To Temptation(for Other Newbies Too)

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by M&MfromLA, Sep 24, 2018.

1. M&MfromLA

M&MfromLA Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +581 / 0
    Having been a first time couple to Temptation last week and just getting back into the groove of things (i.e. recovering from vacation lol) we thought perhaps our perspective might be helpful. We often see reviews from veterans but we know newbies sometimes check these forums religiously before their first trip (like we did) to get an idea of what to expect. So if you will indulge us with a longish post...

Why Temptation for us? Simple…because we’re not dead! We love our vacations to be super care free, no itinerary, full of good booze, pool time, sun and good people. Our last few years we went the “Oasis” route but that resort has been falling apart for some time now. While billed as a great party, it always ends up being more of a drunken frat house rather than a resort. So we bucked up…spent a few more dollars and honestly, we’ll never go anywhere else.

We stayed from Sept 13th until Sept 20th. We were known as “M&M’ from LA. We might have met you J

Typical day for us (out of the 7 we spent there) was…. Wake up at 8:30am, pool by 9:30am, back to the room at 5:30pm or so for a nap…then up to get ready for bash at 8:30pm-2am or so. Crazy day but lots of relaxing fun. (pace yourself with the drinks, lots of Advil and water helps)

1. Getting there--- We’ve taken annual trips to Cancun for the last 5 years. My GF is Mexican and speaks Spanish. We also live in Los Angeles so the language is not intimidating to me either and I can get by (my Spanish improves the drunker I get). We’ve never taken a shuttle and instead prefer to take cabs. Used to be that cabs at the airport were very non-regulated and sometimes sketchy but this is no longer the case. They have a fully functional/professional cab stand outside the terminal and everyone speaks fluent English and is super friendly. These cabs are red. If there are 2 in your party, this is the way to go in our opinion. Cost was $35 each way and we tipped generously (as you should too). Shuttles are great if you feel intimidated or are nervous about the language/environment. Otherwise, no issues. And above all…don’t believe anything you hear on the news about Cancun being violent. If you’re a narco then yes…worry. If you’re a tourist and you do tourist shit, then take a deep breath and relax. Plenty of neighborhoods in LA that I would worry more about at 4pm than nearly anywhere in Cancun at 4 am.

2. Arrival--- When we arrived we were greeted with a cold towel and champagne. We were well prepared for the time share pitch. We sat with our advisor for about 15 minutes after check in to get a review of the map and resort. I nudged my GF with the “here it comes” moment and I have to admit, it was a very light sell. We told our advisor that it has been a long day and that we’d be happy to talk in the morning after 10am… “please call us to make an appt.” Of course, we got the call but never answered the phone. Problem solved J.
    Overall impressions…

1. Pool… We stayed at the sexy pool every day. We would usually get there by 9:30am, lay down a towel, grab a quick breakfast and be back 20 minutes later. We remembered to stay respectful and not make a claim on a poolside seat only to never come back. This seemed to be the norm for a few but for the most part, everyone was super laid back and cool. The pool bar was a little understaffed but honestly, it was never more than a 5 min wait. Simply order an extra drink if you want. What disappointed us was that we saw few who were tipping. Mexican people and culture (especially at Temptation) is/are ridiculously friendly and accommodating. A small tip of a $1 a drink or a buck for each round goes far. Remember, these folks don’t get paid anything close to what we do in the US and…given the current political climate, some goodwill on your part will go a long way towards not being “that” type of American. Go to the bank before your trip and get 1’s. This also goes for your poolside waitresses.

We saw some parts of the pool as “cliquey” but 99% of the time, everyone was super friendly and outgoing. We met couples and singles from all over the US and world simply by wading past them and saying hello. The pool is what you make it…if you want to hide in a corner and be by yourselves, that’s perfectly fine and welcome but if you want to make friends, there is little to no effort needed. Just pass by and say “hello” and you’d be surprised at the great people you’ll meet. No need to be scared.

As far as the entertainment by the playmakers goes, we had lots of fun. We enjoyed JJ the most and after a few drinks, every game/contest becomes a blast no matter how “PG” they are to some. We were always asked to participate but we’re not the type for beer pong or sexy legs contests so we kept in the pool. But…there was never any pressure so that was awesome.

2. Room… We had the garden view and had no issues at all. We’re simple…give us a bed, shower and fridge and we’re happy. Our room was nestled in the middle of the resort and we were totally happy. The amenities were great and A/C blasted cold air. Even if we had a view of the road instead of the court yard, you’re on vacation…life will go on. We loved our room, nuff said

3. Gym… we used the gym a few times and again, super clean and well working equipment was there. Had a good variety of cardio and weight options available.

4. Food—I can’t say much about the restaurants because we are both not huge eaters when on vacation. A few quick bites at the buffet each day and evening and we were totally satisfied. However, even at just the buffet, we loved all of the options and fresh food. If you’re a foodie and are super critical of your meals, I’d love to hear opinions. Service was great and very friendly. Again…leave a tip even if they just filled your water once. At night, after bash we’d usually grab some nachos/burgers at the grill outside when ready to leave and those hit the spot perfectly.

5. Bash--- We are not huge on participating in themes but our next time at Temptation I think we will for a few nights. It can be addictive to see everyone’s creativity come out. If you aren’t dressing up in theme, don’t worry! You won’t be an outcast and plenty of fun is still to be had by all. We loved the nightly shows and performances. Coming from LA, Bash actually represents what you can expect at a lot of rooftop parties here so we loved it. In our regular lives, we go out to clubs 1-2 times a week. The sound system was pumping and the bartenders in both the deck and the lobby were quick, friendly and great at their jobs. As far as the dj…I used to be a dj in the club scene for many years and I think he smashed it each night. You have to remember that this is a club vibe…not a dive bar vibe like many are used to. Each night 30-40 new couples arrive and leave the resort. For some folks, this may make it seem like the “same ol music” each night but honestly, playing Pitbull and 50 Cent is what makes “most” have fun. He played plenty of rock remixes as well. We even skipped going out downtown on Sat night (which is usually our tradition) because we had so much fun at bash. Again, walk around, mingle and introduce yourself to people. You’ll have much more fun that way. By night 4, we were pleasantly surprised to know about 20 couples and tons of singles and this added to the fun. (hint.."despacito" is NOT Tejano music as I heard some people say lol).
    General advice
    1. Relationship--- if you are a couple that is not strong in your relationship, I would recommend NOT coming to Temptation. Sorry to say but we saw several couples in the middle of fights while were there. We even saw a few wives/gf’s hit their husbands and that is totally unacceptable. We know this could have been over anything but the strong suspicion was it had to do with the flirty and sexy vibe of the resort. Just being approached by other couples is a difficult proposition for some, so if you fall into that category, Temptation will only serve to make that aspect of your relationship worse in our opinion. Are there swingers there? Yes (ahem)…Will you be approached and engaged in conversation? Perhaps…. Do you have to do anything? Never. Also…if you’re the jealous type, then all of the fun conversations at the pool and in the resort will seem like one huge attempt to have sex when in fact, it’s 95% of the time just cool people hanging out and talking.

2. Mingle! ---your vacation is what you make of it and some of us are introverted but at Temptation, you really don’t have to be. No one judges you or thinks that your little “hello” is silly. I went up to plenty of couples who were on the sidelines each night and brought them shots just to let them know that “hey…this place is meant to be fun.” Even if I never said more than “here’s your shot--enjoy” to them…the job was done. Do you…but also make sure you lose your fear as much as possible in meeting new people.

3. TIP!--- I can’t stress this enough (probably because being from LA, this is just an expense that you always build into your night). Show these wonderful staff members how much they are appreciated.

Thanks for hanging in there! Sorry for the length but we wanted to cover it all. We can’t wait until next year to visit again!! All of those that we met were awesome! Good luck to all the newbies and above all….enjoy!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 28
    • Winner Winner x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. Epic & Jewel

Epic & Jewel Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,557 / 0
    Great trip report. Thank you for the time you spent writing it and the wonderful positive attitude. You reminded me why I can't wait to get back in November!

3. M&MfromLA

Ratings:
    +581 / 0
    We said the same thing first night...."we gotta come back!!" Hope you guys have a blast. We're already jealous ;)

4. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,612 / 4
    Nice trip report, it was enjoyable to read.

I always read about tipping. We tip all he time. Some times a buck per drink, sometimes a five, never seems to matter. Slow service, and they never remember you, yet I always read the opposite. I wonder what the trick is?

5. M&MfromLA

Ratings:
    +581 / 0
    We cant say for sure. I know my GF kept her top on all the time so it wasan't her boobies lol. I think her speaking spanish helps some because when you do, you tend to "connect" with the locals more. Also, we would try to go back to the same people/bar tenders over and over. Got to the point where drinks were made as soon as she was heading to the bar. I'm sure a nice smile is all you need :)

6. California Couple

California Couple Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +817 / 2
    We also saw a few couples get into fights at TTR. It sucks.

For airport transfers, we have used all services but now prefer USA Transfers because it’s a private shuttle and only costs $55 round trip. Speaking Spanish helped us a lot there too.

The Bash atmosphere depends greatly on the people there. We have gone both when it’s been packed and when it’s been slow to it’s a hit or miss to go during peak times. Monday’s and Fridays seem to be the more mellow days at TTR because a bunch of people end up going on the Boobs Cruise from 10-5pm. So if you are planning a little tour (isla mujeres, tulum, etc) while at TTR, do it on a Monday or Friday (if you’re not going on the Boobs Cruise of course), that way you don’t miss too much of the shenanigans that goes on in the pool on the other days.

7. tbayfinn

tbayfinn Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 1
    Great review! Thanks for taking the time to write it.

8. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    One ofthe best reviews I have read, and I have read most in the last few years.
    You guys simply get it!
    Good advice to those whom are not secure and strong in their relationships.
    Even if so communication and setting da rules before visiting, and throughout the day is key.
    As we all know alcohol had a way of lowering inhibitions, etc.
    In our case our “devils” come out:D
    I do recommend trying the restaurants...good food and service.
    And of course the Boobs Cruise.
    Your GF’s top just might come off;) but doesn’t have to.

You ain’t newbies anymore so welcome to the TTR addiction!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  9. M&MfromLA

Ratings:
    +581 / 0
    Thank you!! We feel part of the family after day 1.

10. M&MfromLA

Ratings:
    +581 / 0
    We noticed the same about Bash some nights but we enjoyed each one. Seemed that on Monday night the more experienced couples came out and had better stamina lol. There were a few days there where we were giving ourselves the pep talk about not letting Temptation take us down :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice