Testing the waters

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by FirsttimerTX, Sep 2, 2018.

1. FirsttimerTX

FirsttimerTX Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    My wife and I will be first timers to Cancun. We likely won't be getting out there until Nov/Dec 2019 but I'm trying to get a jump on figuring out where to stay and go.

Although we aren't really the party types nor are we "lifestyle" people, I figure... its our first real trip anywhere major, (will be 20th anniv... never had a honeymoon etc...) so maybe its time we finally go all out..lol Just trying to see whether Temptations will work for us.. or if we might be a bit... overwhelmed. We have talked a lot about spicing things up and this seems like a good place to try.. but we need somewhere that, while opportunities may be present... they aren't necessarily in our face all the time. For example.. having an occasional topless woman walk by might be acceptable.. but too many of them and my wife may question if they are the only reason I talked her into the place. However.. just the right amount might finally put her at ease enough to branch out.. I know its not a Swingers resort, but I also know from reading that many guests are, so there is that sort of vibe it seems. I just don't want to get her there and she feel uncomfortable or pressured.

In reading reviews here and on different sites... some people say the music and partying can get a bit loud and no matter where you are in the hotel, it can be disruptive if its not your bag. I've read others that say no matter how loud it is, if you are on the quiet side, there are no issues. Just trying to weed through it all. This will likely be our only trip to Cancun as we obviously don't travel much.. and we have too many other places on our bucket list to double up on any. So basically I have one shot to get it right....lol

No matter what, we know we are going to go Adults only. No offense to kids, but we have 5 of our own, so it would be nice to be away from kids for a change...lol

Resort aside though.. I'm also wondering what Cancun is like in Nov/Dec... temperature, beaches, crowds, etc... neither of us are fond of really large crowds.

2. bevy

bevy Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +657 / 1
    topless rate is anywhere from 80 to 90 percent on most days .. some days you don't see a top at all
    at bash generally people wear as little as possible at least by the end of the night and the party lasts till the bar closes
    one night the dj left so someone got a blue tooth thing going
    it can get loud at the sexy pool during the day .. if security is being good ..you can see body shots and light sexual things like licking boobs kissing things like that
    and sometimes the games have people take everything off ..it gets put back on ..
    you can get away from all that by going to the quit pool it is usually pretty empty

3. ging

ging Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +463 / 1
    I am going on my first trip Temptation later this year. My fiance and I are not swingers. But to your swinger concern I have this: We goto Vegas A LOT. We go to bare pool and other topless pools usually. We've met swingers often in Vegas. Not because there are a lot, but because they're super friendly and out going. They've always been professional people and they pick up quickly we're not into that. Always have a great time partying with them. Generally the swinger vibe for me is just people being outgoing and having fun, never a aggressive hookup vibe which can be understandably mistaken when you read some reviews.

4. MikeandSherrie

MikeandSherrie Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +173 / 0
    I have to agree with ging about the swingers, great people and they don't get aggressive ever, but do tend to outgoing and fun. TTR is as loud and crazy as you want to make it. That being said your wife needs to be aware of the outfits or sometimes the lack of ;) Topless is the norm and all shapes and sizes, lots of enhanced and lots natural, but if she will not be comfortable surrounded by boobs it may not work out well for you! I actual feel for most women it's somehow freeing for them and for the men well :cool::marshe: but if your wife is the jealous type that won't like you looking :mad:. Everything else you can work around, if the music it too loud go to the beach or quiet pool. Took me 2 years getting my wife there and we've been 2 or 3 times per year for the last 4 or 5 years. It is the most fun we have ever had at any other resort. We are not swingers but like I said they are never an issue. You will never find a more friendly, accepting group of people anywhere else. Every trip we run into old friends and make some new ones. The food is great and rooms are always clean, staff is always great it's a great place to have a fun filled vacation.
    Good Luck

• Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  5. FirsttimerTX

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Thanks for all the replies so far. My wife is aware of the atmosphere of Temptations. So I'm not trying to bring her in blind... lol Just want to make sure I don't overwhelm her... I'm trying to bring her in sloooowly so as not to spook her...lol

6. dynamite

dynamite Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0
    TTR is an absolute blast . Often referred to as spring break for adults. The beauty of the place is that if you want to be wild and crazy or just watch evryone else you can hang out at the sexy pool. If it becomes to much you can escape to the beach and/or the quiet pool.
    Same goes for night time. If you want to see the "sights" you can go to the dance club called bash. If it becomes to much for you, you can always head to the lobby bar or the sports bar for a bit tamer night.

Just make sure she knows most women are topless. And I know a lot of people who said they would never go topless but within an hour of being there they were topless as well. Truly all ages, and sizes. The motto is no one knows you and no one gives a shit. Also night time you will see people all the way from classy, to damn near naked at bash. So as long as that don't offend her she will love it. This resort has a huge number of repeat visitoes.

• Like Like x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  7. Bob_Kathy

Bob_Kathy Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +56 / 0
    You won't regret going. March was our first time and we had such a great time going again in Feb 2019. Wife said going that she would not go topless and that lasted about an hour. Lol We did see at least one balcony show. Food is good and atmosphere is awesome. We are not swingers and were never approached. This time we will participate more in theme nights and can't wait to go.

• Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  8. BnK

BnK Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,159 / 0
    We were in your spot in 2102 and decided to go check it out. We are married 20 years now and celebrated our first date 25 years ago just last night.

The resort is big and also has a quiet pool, beach area and the sexy pool is so huge by comparison to the previous pool that there is room to be involved without being surrounded and overwhelmed.

My wife flourished in the environment and I am likely a bit like yourself as a kind of doorman to show her options and she then decides if we go further to explore.

You will be together on an adventure and meet all kinds of great people. You will find your groove at TTR and likely push your limits a bit. If and when she is ready for either couples only & naked or a bit slower party pace then check out the 2 Desire Resorts.

We stay at all 3 now.

Have a great holiday !

9. FirsttimerTX

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    As I said... we aren't swingers either.. talked about it some so being approached might not be so bad, lol. But the opportunity just hasn't presented itself correctly I guess. Tried to set up an erotic massage with a guy once. He turned out to be a bit creepy... she let him start the massage but she said he had no clue what he was doing and actually hurt more than helped so that killed the mood that time. She says she doesn't like setting up "meetings" with people to see how things work out because no matter what she feels that the other people have expectations, even if its just a "get to know you" meeting. So I'm hoping just being in an open environment will help her feel more relaxed. No set ups... just being there. We aren't really the party types either, but we love to people watch, so sounds like the perfect place to do that. Even though we are over a year away from our trip, she is already looking at possible outfits and, while not going too far, they are more revealing than the kind she usually goes for. So, fingers crossed. lol

Looked into the erotic massage at Temptations... but not sure its in the budget. If I'm lucky, we can find a guy there at the time that knows how to give a REAL, proper massage that can then relax her and get her more in the mood.

One thing at a time though I guess.... still gotta be able to put away enough money to pull the trip off... shouldn't be a problem, but you never know.

Thanks for all the imput.

10. M&MfromLA

M&MfromLA Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +581 / 0
    We sometimes swing if the mood is right and we both are in agreement about the other couple or girl. I can tell you this, swingers and most lifestyle people are some of the friendliest, level headed and personable people you'd ever want to meet. We're not bragging about ourselves but in general because most folks in the lifestyle are in love with their own partner above all else and that makes it easier for them to share that happiness and security with the outside world. So, if you're worried about being overwhelmed at Temptation, I think all you'll be overwhelmed with is fun and friendly people. Contrary to common thinking, if you are in the lifestyle you still have to put in work to meet people and have a decent personality yourself. As much as I'd love to stand against the wall and just have my GF wave over couples for instant sex, it really isn't anything close to being like that. (boo) What I'm saying is that if you and your wife don't go looking for any "extra" fun, chances are you'd never be able to pick out from the crowd who a swinger is or who isn't. If she is worried about you seeing non stop breasts, that is a perfect opportunity to remind her how good hers look and how you cant wait to get back to the room to pretend its your honeymoon all over again. ;).

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice