Temptations Time Share Vultures?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Sparky, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Sparky

Sparky Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0
    I’ve read reviews on other sites where visitors were treated poorly by turning down the time share folks. Will my stay be sub par if I choose not to get a membership? What will I miss out on besides premium alcohol?

2. Donna & Tim

Donna & Tim I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,605 / 6
    Absolutely not just say I'm not interested with a nice smile, direct eye contact and then walk away. When you get to your room unplug the the phone.

T

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. r&a 1964

r&a 1964 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +677 / 1
    Our first two visits we opted out of the sales spill and had a great time. We were treated no differently than other guests who attended the sales pitch. The third trip we went on a referral and had to go to the sales meeting. We didn't buy that time either and still treated the same. Our fourth trip there we bought a membership and still are treated the same buy the staff. The only difference since we bought in is we have a few extra choices at the restaurants and bars and have access to the member only areas. And we have had to payless for our stays since buying in mostly because on several stays we have got free room upgrades and spa discounts.

4. sands

sands Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0
    On 10 trips we’ve never sat through the sales
    pitch. Most of the time we get a little pushing and then they take no with a smile and shrug. Once or twice the staff has gotten rude when we refuse. Even then though, a snarky comment is all, the rest of our trip had never been effected

5. Sparky

Sparky Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0
    This is so good to hear!!!

6. funcpl27

funcpl27 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +917 / 16
    we've been ten times...never gone to the sales presentation and never will.....our trip last month was the first time that they were really rude when we said we didn't have any interest.

7. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,628 / 4
    Our first trip two years ago we said “no” at check-in. The didn’t pressure us at all, and it was dropped. It was a complete non isssue.

Last trip we had to go in a referral, they messed up, and never contacted us about a presentation, so that was painless as well. So we have had no isssues in two trips.

8. bevy

bevy Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +657 / 1
    we have gone several times no one was every rude to us ..they got pushy once but when we pointed it out it stopped
    we did the sales pitch once laughed at them cause they couldn't beat our prices .. went this last time on a referral so did the pitch again and actually bought in
    no matter if we went or not or were premier or not ..we have always been treated amazingly well ..its one of the reasons we go back

9. Joe&Heidi

Joe&Heidi Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +324 / 6
    No...but they will keep trying. To the point that it is annoying. Also they hate it when you call it a time share...so if you want to see them get frustrated while not leaving you alone just keep calling it a timeshare.

10. bevy

bevy Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +657 / 1
    if you say no thanks and they call you or bug you .. let a manager know .. we did the once and it stopped right away

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice