Trip 2 New Resort

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by Vodkawater, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Vodkawater

Vodkawater Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,796 / 1
    Trip #2
    We landed june 20th and had a smooth transition to the resort from the airport. We checked in at 1030am and were delighted with our room being ready for us right away the new lobby is beautiful and gives the resort classier feel.
    We took our bags to our bash tower room on the 4th floor. The room was nice although a little darker than we had hoped. We liked the styling and how the shelving was placed on the walls and didn’t lack space for our belongings. The bed was comfortable and the balcony had a beautiful view of the ocean. The privacy curtains are an awesome idea and east to use. The only real problem with the room was the lack of a good mirror near the balcony for natural lighting. The one provided is in a dark spot.
    First day ended with way too many drinks at the main pool, a vague recollection of the dinner buffet then passing out at 9pm.and missing lingerie night!

We absolutely loved sky bar. Amazing view, the pool is really nice, the food is awesome and the DJ plays much better music than the main pool. The only negative is that it closes at 6pm and doesn’t have the same atmosphere as the main pool. People tend to give each other space and not approach or mingle which is vastly different than the main pool.

Dinner at the Italian restaurant was really good , as was the steak restaurant. We weren’t fans of the Mexican restaurant, everything we ordered was really bland. We did not end up trying the seafood, she, or the Asian restaurant. The buffet always had good food and the room service food was great too.

The atmosphere during the days was live and really similar to out trip 2 years ago which is what we liked and wanted. The night time parties were a little different. Way too many groups of bachelor parties with guys being assholes. On Wednesday night which we luckily missed there was a huge brawl which lead to a bunch of guys that were part of the bachelor party groups being arrested. Hopefully someone that was there can post more details about it.

The beach was not great , but we knew that coming in.

We had a chance to spend a couple nights partying in the top level penthouse sweet. WOW what a view. Not only of the ocean but also the party at bash.

Overall we had an amazing time. The resort looks great, despite a couple safety hazards…. The stairs leading down to the buffet and raised dance floor.

Staff was energetic and provided great service. The entertainment team was really good. The pre bash party shows were also very good.

Our only real issue is the influx of bachelor parties. Everyone else we met on the resort was awesome!

I skipped a lot so feel free to ask any questions.

• Like Like x 9
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Epic & Jewel

Epic & Jewel Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,557 / 0
    Thanks for the trip report. That's great to hear about the music up at the sky bar pool. Looking forward to checking that area out on our next trip.

3. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    So re the groups of bachelor parties what were they doing ‘re being assholes’? Besides the fight.

Yep agree on the sky bar assessment. We need to get the right group of people there at the same time to make that a great party up there

4. Vodkawater

Ratings:
    +4,796 / 1
    Groping women as they come in and out of the washroom. Pushing themselves on woman that are not interested. Taking pictures at the pool and bash. Starting fights....

I understand small groups of singles coming, but these large groups are a recipe for disaster and can completely ruin the atmosphere.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  5. Vodkawater

Ratings:
    +4,796 / 1
    Definitely worth getting the tower room upgrade to have access to sky.

6. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    Yikes that sucks. Sorry to hear. Wonder what drove all the packs to come now. There weren’t any in April

7. Vodkawater

Ratings:
    +4,796 / 1
    I noticed a price drop these few weeks... I'm guessing that played a huge part.

8. PardonTheFun

PardonTheFun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +696 / 0
    June is wedding season

9. Bearlet

Bearlet Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +134 / 2
    Hope end of August is not :-(
    Perhaps TTR needs to reserve some months for couples-only.

10. britsrhot2

britsrhot2 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +749 / 10
    Or just make it couples only period ......problem solved .

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice