Selling Premier Membership (trial level)

Discussion in 'Desire Resort' started by Jandn1122, Feb 22, 2018.

1. Jandn1122

Jandn1122 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    We became members in August 2017 and have only used 2 discount nights (out of 80) and 1 free night (out of 7). Included are RCI, SFX, and WorldPass memberships. Valid for 25 years.

We are selling only because we live in the PNW and have family on three continents to visit. We thought it would be easy enough to just go for a long weekend flying red eyes. Tried that last month, but turns out that makes us more tired than relaxed after a vacation. It’s just too far for us to go regularly on limited vacation time. :(

Asking for $9500. Prices for the same membership level has gone up significantly since last year, so our loss is your gain!

2. wtreno

wtreno Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +292 / 0
    I am going to ask a stupid question what does all of that include.

3. marshe

marshe The Original Hottie and Hellraiser Registered Member

when not on vacation, home based 25 mns from Toron
    Ratings:
    +1,770 / 4
    @Donald Were those Desire memberships or TTR memberships?

4. Donald

Donald Devil's advocate Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 2

Good catch , I,ll delete that .

5. Kris Dusty

Kris Dusty Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    That must be a different membership than I have.. my membership included both Desire and Temptations for the 10k... they change the memberships they sell like I change underwear. I won’t renew mine once it’s used up.. but u should def get 9500 for it.. the free nights still make up over half the cost your asking so you should sell it easy

6. BnK

BnK Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,159 / 0
    Hi,

What is the discounted rate and is it different for the various room classes?

Thanks !

7. marshe

marshe The Original Hottie and Hellraiser Registered Member

when not on vacation, home based 25 mns from Toron
    Ratings:
    +1,770 / 4
    Pretty sure the OP has moved on.
    Joined CCC, over 3 months ago, made only 1 post ever, (on same joined date) and has never loggged back on to CCC

And in answer to your question....all memberships have a room category that is written into the contract.
    So depending on the members preference of room type, every night of the term of the contract will be provided in the room category spelled out in the contract. However sometimes a category room upgrade is offered at check-in.
    In fact sometimes when TTR is overbooked an upgrade to Dssire is offered.

8. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    I noticed this return to the top last night and was thinking hmm not sure this is such a good deal. But didn’t comment in case they were still trying to sell but since @marshe correctly pointed out they are long gone let’s do some math....

So when we go to Desire the least we have paid is about $318 a night. That is special case. More frequently a little over $400. When it is peak a little over $500. So let’s use worse case example and multiply $500 times the number of nights 84 (78 discounted and 6 left free). My cost would be $42,000.

Now the other side of the equation.
    6 night for free is easy
    For the other 78...Based on other Desire contracts we have seen and the mention of discounted rates I am going to guess this is the deal where you get 25% off rack rate for some level rooms, 30% off others for the more expensive ones.
    So what is rack rate? That is where this gets complicated and where the deal tends to go bad in our experience. If I look at the Desire RM website I am actually surprised to see the rack rates are way lower than when I looked a year ago. Maybe demand is decreased due to the extra rooms at TTR? Regardless I see rooms for his summer at $600 (talking basic garden view) and then this fall at 4something. If I take 25% off 600 then I am paying $450 a night. Better than the $500 estimate I used above.

Here is the next component of the contract that seems to varry but I tend to see with this deal which is a $300 fee per booking. We tend to take our trips in 4 or 5 nights so that adds $60-75 per night. If you go for a week then add $45.

So here we are at this point. Paying $450 a night plus possibly the $45 extra depending on your deal. Plus 9500 for your 78 nights which is another $122 per night.
    My total on my own cost $42000
    Contract total cost 9500 + ((122+45+450)*78) 48,126 = 57,626. Take out that $45 $300 booking fee some have and some don’t and it is still $54,116. Way more than $42,000

Is 6 free nights worth paying over an extra $100 per night for your other 78 nights which you paid in advance for? Are the perks of premier worth it?

For us no. For others sure.

Ps in 2016 we got offered the deal mentioned above for 7500. Realize things change. At Desire Pearl.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
    Last edited: May 25, 2018
  9. Donald

Donald Devil's advocate Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 2

Thats for showing the math ^^

I have done this many time in the past and com to the conclusion ,, go on a referral , waste 90 minutes one morning , drink Crown all week , ( ,,,and other perks ) save 10 g , and make a member 250 $,,, every one wins .

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  10. LadynTramp

LadynTramp I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +420 / 6
    Precisely what I have said for the last 15 years. If you do the math correctly "you'd" never buy in. Even paying the going rack rate, it doesn't make sense.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice