Kik / Facebook groups

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Steve, May 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    It seems like every month someone (or several people) seem to create kik groups and then use this forum to fill them with members. Similar with Facebook groups.

Cancuncare is not a resource to fish members from or a search engine to find other groups and I'm getting tired of the regularity of this. Everything you need to communicate with one another can be done here, whether it be in open forum or via private messages.

Truth of the matter is, unlike Cancuncare, Kik offers no possible way of finding people going to TTR the same time as you via their own platform, and Facebook is extremely limited in that respect too.

I'm not going to spend time and money keeping this site the best TTR source on the Internet for others, usually newbies, to come in and 'steal' our membership by pulling people away from here to a different platform they set up with 3 clicks on their phone.

I'm going to start getting tough on this, I've let it go on for far too long. Future offenders will be regarded in the same way as spammers and"kik"ed. They can go enjoy their kik or Facebook group by themselves.

I would appreciate the assistance of those honorable members among you in reporting such posts via the report button at the bottom of each post, or letting me know of private message invites you may receive to help ensure this community continues to do what it has always done best.

• Like x 66
    • Agree x 21
    • Winner x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • List
    Last edited: May 8, 2018
  2. marshe

marshe The Original Hottie and Hellraiser Registered Member

when not on vacation, home based 25 mns from Toron
    Ratings:
    +1,770 / 4
    Right On Steve

Kinda like goin to Chilli's and passing out TGIF menus.
    Would be ass-tossed and banned faster than Mini "Who's Yer Daddy?" Cooper, can chug a cerveza

• Like Like x 10
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
    Last edited: May 8, 2018
  3. funcpl27

funcpl27 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +917 / 16
    you don't have to consider them spammers....they ARE spammers. kick 'em to the curb (well, unless they are really hot in which case I'd like their SLS screen name first ;) )

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. typeoxpress

typeoxpress Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +317 / 1
    I feel you steve maintaining the site isnt a walk in the park. Just in the past trying to keep track of Boobs Cruise attendees was a chore. Its not too fair to you for all your work to just steal it...

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. heightsfuncouple

heightsfuncouple Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +191 / 0
    It is a cool site, but you are missing group chat like KIK on here as far as I can tell. Maybe look RumbleTalk: Online group chat room for websites as an option to add to the site? Please don't take this the wrong way, but I have found KIK as a valuable way to chat with the people that will be at the resort at the same time as you. I hope you find a way to provide the same functionality.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 6
    • List
  6. LadynTramp

LadynTramp I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +420 / 6
    Steve..........I believe that folks would pay a nominal fee $25ish for group chat that allows for pics and live cam stuff not allowed here because of sponsor issues/concerns

7. marshe

marshe The Original Hottie and Hellraiser Registered Member

when not on vacation, home based 25 mns from Toron
    Ratings:
    +1,770 / 4
    I believe Steve is considering adding a chat room function, or at least that was my impression after his positive rsponse to the suggestion, in the "Facebook vs Cancuncare" thread from 6 or 7 weeks ago

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. thehogsters

thehogsters Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +68 / 0
    I hear that. Was great to meet you and your lovely wife last Monday. - Steve

9. Steve

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Thanks, and you two too :)

10. Steve

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Re adding a chat room that allows pics etc. I did think about it, but let's talk about the elephant in the room.

These Kik groups I'm trying to stop being promoted here are for swapping dirty pics, sex chat and trying to hook up aren't they? Everyone who starts one knows that, everyone who joins one knows that, and I know that too. If you want to chat about the hotel, theme nights, room types, restaurants, travel tips, staff coming and goings, dates you'll be traveling, latest changes, detailed reviews etc then this forum already offers every which way to do that either in public or private.

If I added a chat room it would either get used for swapping dirty pics and sex chat or not used at all because people didn't feel comfortable doing that in an environment that the whole membership could access, and those that didn't want to use it for sexual purposes would have no use for it since they are content to post their vacation related thoughts in public. A chat room would probably be used more for spamming other 'private' groups than goes on already and since it would be in real time, would be less efficiently monitored.

Seems a minority (particularly new members) want to turn the site into some kind of Lifestyle site such as SDC or SLS but for Temptation folks. Temptation have already tried that with Swingee, and it failed badly. SDC have a Temptation group with a handful of members and 6 posts a year. I started Cancunswingers.com to provide just that environment, and to take it away from here.

On a slight tangent, I don't know what it is about the way our membership has changed over the years. We are having more and more faceless avatars showing ass or boobs and more and more naked pics being posted in the galleries, usually faceless again. I'm getting people sign up with usernames like "cuminmymouth" and "IloveDP" which I delete if I notice. The more it continues the more people think it's acceptable, the more people join in and it isn't what we want here, or at least it isn't what I want.

I can't see a chat room helping, in fact I think it would do the opposite. Might be something I could add to Cancunswingers but it's not used enough at the moment to justify it.

Fun fact: You can actually find all the LS folks you would ever wish to meet once at the hotel, and you don't have to try and figure out whether the 23yr old blonde called Veronique from Montreal you just sent some dirty pics of your wife to isn't really someone called Nigel who lives in his Mom's basement, has never left Alabama and who's most memorable sexual experience was with a chicken.

Let's get back to the reason this site exists.

• Like x 40
    • Winner x 16
    • Agree x 13
    • Funny x 5
    • Dislike x 2
    • Informative x 1
    • List
    Last edited: May 16, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice