Single Guy First Timer Perspective From Nanners

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by Nanners, Apr 8, 2018.

1. Nanners

Nanners Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0
    I’m drafting this in flight as I go back to freezing rain in Montreal… posting this as soon as I land. Hoping to give you all as much information as possible about Temptation Resort from the perspective of a 35 year old recently single male travelling alone and there for the 1st time. I’ll do this mostly as observations and recommendations. Keep in mind I have no idea what the old TRT was like. And to be perfectly honest, though some of you may care about the comparison, I don’t (and can’t). So this is truly a perspective on the resort now, without and standard to base it on.

I think the easiest is to go with the subjects as I experienced them chronologically. But by all means skip sections you don't care about and go to whatever you feel is relevant to you. No need to read the entire rambling.

CanCunCare

If it wasn’t about this forum and the few interactions I had in the weeks leading up to trip, I would have not been quite as at ease just sliding into the mood of the place. Doing a room crawl on the first night and a Boobs Cruise on my 1st full day was a godsend in terms of making friends quickly. (More about the Cruise and the Crawl later). Some people (cool and open) that were there for the first time.. it took them 3-4 days to warm up to the place. That’s a lot of wasted time. By all means, start revving up here (or on Facebook) before and hit the ground running when you check in.

The first hello

The staff at reception is truly great. I have been to hotels from Cuba to Tokyo to Bahrain and I have stayed in crummy hostels and 5 diamond luxury places. And I have never seen a smile as warm and inviting as my first hello from the concierge and the desk.

(The bar staff, by the way, is a bit more serious… but just as professional)

The crowd during April 1 to April 8

Start randomly talking to people. I don’t think I’ve seen this much of a feeling of collegiality and team spirit among “strangers” in a hotel. Hard to describe a “vibe”, but there was a strange feeling of acceptance and recognition among everyone that this place is different so it creates an appreciation. Like… we’re all lucky to be there.

No one I approached dismissed a conversation. Everyone says hi with a smile and a drink. Ultimately, this is the absolute highlight of the resort. The type of people changed over the course of the week but it was still mostly just amazing. I would say it was more couples and regulars on Sunday-Wednesday and more newbies as the week went on. A few planes from Chicago, New York and Texas brought in some very cool very hot groups that had never been there before but started enjoying themselves quickly. A few bachelor and bachelorette parties as well. Mostly well behaved except for 3 assholes that I will not mention again. Input about the people throughout the rest of the review below.

I hear a group of 7-10 couples from Quebec arrive tomorrow (April 9) and they have a crazy and wild reputation. Enjoy them!

Oh.. one important note. The people are surprisingly sexy in this resort. Like its not a cross section of normal society. Max and I’s hypothesis is that the lifestyle culture keeps people “aware” of their sex appeal. Even after years together in a committed relationship. So, on average, there were more beautiful women in their 40s, 50s and 60s here than I have ever seen in a specific location/hotel. I talked to a 71 year old woman on the first day that was still smokin’ ! And the guys are also generally good looking (or so I was told). Also, high numbers of beautiful tattoos and well-done boob jobs. (you don’t see me, but I’m clapping). Average population in the rest of the world is not this tattooed. I met people ages 25 to 71. Highest concentration is hot tattooed couples in their 40s. I’d say the mean/average age is 45ish. (Someone correct me)

The facilities

Nice, clean design. Nice compact area so easy to get around. Good bar accessibility anywhere you are. Food almost always a stone’s throw away. Don’t expect your room before 2-3pm. So do bring your bathing suit and sunblock with you and just go to the pool while you wait.

I have a long list of nit-picks but not a single one was important (and all of them together were more funny than annoying). But yes there are stairs and ramps and angles everywhere. Keep your wits about you when you walk around. I have a few bruises on my back and my thigh coming back to Montreal and it has unfortunately nothing to do with sex.

I got a room (9308) in the Chill area with a view on the Quiet Pool and the ocean. Room a bit tight but I only say that because the Bash tower rooms and the Suites (with 2 jacuzzis and a balcony that can fit, like 60 people!!!) are so much bigger and nicer (and also more $$$). Otherwise, my room was perfectly fine.

Functional bathrooms. Weird but the design grew on me. Weird bathroom doors. The weirdest closet space I’ve ever seen. 4 wavy sort of identical black closets with no visible hinges… I don’t think I actually opened the right closet on my first try a single time. “Oh look, it’s the safe.. where are my shirts? Let’s try this one. Oh no that’s the fridge. This one.. what the hell.. it’s the safe again!!!”

Never made it to the rooftop. People all said it was fantastic and beautiful but empty and therefore not worth spending time there.

Actually made it to the gym three times (I know.. I know..). Top notch gym. But needs an extra bench and heavier weights to make it perfect.

The Pool

Good size. Hard to get into only because different places have different sized steps. And the colour scheme is confusing. So you sorta never know. Eventually, you have to pick your chosen way in, learn to count steps, and stick to it otherwise enter at your own risk. After a few Vodkawaters, and with the sun, and the haze of melted sunscreen in your eyes, ain’t no one going into the pool straight.

When I finally made it in and vertical, I didn’t find it too deep but when I walked in it water came up just under my nipples and I’m 5’10’’. I’d estimate women around 5’ need a boost. Carry them to the bar and have them sit on the stools. Or there’s plenty of spots in the circular (tub like) pools on each side.

Slightly cold at 10am. Perfect temperature from noon to 4pm. Slightly warm after that. I could see how it would not be inviting in January or February until late in the afternoon because I’m a Canadian and I did notice coolness a few times in the morning. I’m guessing this pool will be at its best over the next 4-6 weeks temperature wise.

The vibe in the day

The mood in the morning can only be described as “let’s slowly ease out of this hangover”. It then turns to let’s drink and have some fun by noonish. By 4pm its usually pretty sloppy. Anyone complaining that its prudish is more fun than me! 7 days and there were body shots, licking nipples and general debauchery every day. It wasn’t necessarily encouraged and sometimes the staff had to tone it down but no one was getting in trouble. Foam party was a bit of a dud on Saturday because of the wind. I hear good things about the previous Saturday. At 11am, there may be only 15-30 people in the pool. By 2pm it was pretty packed. Easily a few hundred people each day with enough room to walk around and not have to touch anyone (if you want to not touch anyone..)

There were definite “zones” in the pool. I’d say the party was in the middle part in the curve of the bar and around to the stairs towards the towel hut. The lifestyle conversations, more ‘regulars’ were in the sunny part nearer the ramp to bash. That’s also where the higher percentage of topless women were. The couples that wanted to relax were closer to Sea Flirt. But everyone generally mingled. So it wasn’t territorial.

The fun, naturally, was to go from one group to the next and just drink with everyone. Good participation in the games. That’s a good segue to..

The Playmakers

Wow. They’re up from 11am pumping people up to midnight and beyond dancing at Bash. JJ (?) is a funny sarcastic low key MC. And he does well (He’s no Chinos but then who is…). I will refrain on going overboard commenting on Lollipop, Natasha, Zach and the rest of the playmakers. My favourite was Simonka but probably because she was the first person to greet me at the pool on the first day. And when a tall beautiful blonde Slovakian takes time to party with you when you’ve been in a place for 10 minutes… anyway. They somehow make you genuinely feel like they care about your fun. They converse with you which is not usual for resort entertainment staff. And they can chug beer like I used to 15 years ago.

The fact that they’re dancing and grinding with guests at 11pm is a testament to their professionalism. If anyone complains about the pricing at this hotel. I suspect that they pay to get better service and better staff. And its worth it.

The Hot Tub

Not hot enough for me but some said its too hot. So ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. By far the place where there is the most open conversations about hooking up. Also great views on the rooms with balconies on the ramp (bravo to that couple. Bravo).

Sometimes, a security person would actually hover around the tub there to keep things “clean”-ish.

Bash

I loved everything about the way its set up. The lighting is especially well done. The DJ booth is well set up.

Yes the stage is slippery but they are quick to dry it when people spill drinks. Otherwise dance near and around it. My complaint about Bash is that the dancefloor would not draw a big group immediately and you’d often have it empty out. Some fantastic work by the DJ sometimes went unappreciated. Admittedly, I’m a bit of a clubhead so I love the pumped dance atmosphere. There were regulars on the dancefloor and we had some fun but I would urge the next group at the resort to get off their asses and shake them in front of everyone.

This leads well into..

Theme nights

Mostly good ideas. Participation varies wildly on the theme and the crowd.

Imperial White (Friday) had by far the best participation (like close to 100%) and it may have actually been the best party. Glow (Saturday) was super promising, less participation but more people in general.

Fetish/Heaven&Hell (Tuesday) had the best looks. lingerie and TBT were ok. We were 4 men in kilts but a lot of schoolgirls and geeks around. Though one of my new friends killed it dressed in full gladiator.

The shows from 10 to 10h30 were good. Its not my favourite time but some things were amazing. lingerie night and Imperial night shows were fantastic. There was a pole dancer on Friday.. she.. well.. mean… it was just pure talent.

Quick note. If you need to sleep in total darkness, don’t bring back all those glow sticks and bracelets after glow night. Jesus, I just threw them in a corner when I got back to the room and crashed. When I woke up in the middle of the night for water, it looked like mice were having a rave near my bed.

I completely missed Monday but that’s because I crashed after the…

Boobs Cruise

How does one review the unreviewable? I’ll go general. The Boobs Cruise is not about this or that activity or this or that naked game… the Boobs Cruise is about a feeling.

Somehow, they have managed to distill “freedom” and add a pinch of sexy fun and bottle it up into an event. Steve, (and Janet) you’ve done a marvelous job. And recuperating Chinos and Omar from the staff is a stroke of genius. Chinos is the craziest human I have met. And I feel lucky to have done so. By the way, Chinos refused to leave the dock at 10h45am until all the girls were topless so keep that in mind (or explain yourself to him early if there is a medical reason preventing you from going topless).

The food

For a Mexican resort, its good. Please keep expectations reasonable. You’re not going to get a 3 Michelin star meal. It just can’t happen when you cater to that many people that are drunk and may or may not even show up to eat. The food, in that context, is very good.

Romanza (Italian) is the best. The Osso Bucco is fantastic. So is the lasagna.

Sea Flirt (Seafood) was my 2nd favourite. Go ahead and order 2 plates because the portions are a bit small.

Amores (Mexican) I did for lunch everyday and it was good. The Mexican food was better than the burgers and wings. But the burger was ok.

Sutra (Asian) was good and tasty. Weirdly decent sushi for a tropical place actually.

Flame. Meh. Quality of meat was good but fatty and overcooked. Like, if you like it medium rare, ask for blue.

Did not try She. Some people mentioned it was delicious but too long and they left hungry. (Keep in mind that it’s a couples only place and I believe Natasha does a belly dance routine there(!)

Quick note. No one expects tip and the service is excellent whether you tip or not. But please do tip. The work put in is intense and high level. They deserve the extra cash.

Being single

Many people I spoke to said that the resort is tamer since reopening. I noticed I guess. It is younger and more “clubby” than pure lifestyle now. There was still definitely a high % of LS couples. As a single guy in his 30s. I appreciated the cool, chic, slightly subdued LS as opposed to the very in your face swinging I’ve seen in other places. But I understand how some people would prefer the exact contrary.

I think I heard some guys saying they wouldn’t go back single. And I saw one or two guys that truly looked like they were not having fun. I would go back as a single guy (and dammit I’d probably be even better next time). It would not be my first choice to go back single, but its not as bad as some reviews state. Smile. Be happy about being with beautiful people all around you. Take the attention. Get your ass slapped. Kiss a girl. Lick a nipple. Hell, kiss a guy if you want. Don’t expect anything. Do not act like a douchebag. Don’t expect getting laid every night. In fact, don’t expect getting laid at all, that’s the worst attitude. For god’s sake, act like you’ve seen breasts and vaginas before!

One strong recommendation I would make if you’re single and alone: Find 3 or 4 couples or groups and they can be your “bases”. I.e., people you can throw your towel on a chair nearby. People you can chit chat at bash with. People you can have a drink and dance with. Don’t get clingy. Be friendly. I had my Quebec Crew. My Irish/Nebraska connection. My Alberta peeps. Etc. Enough people that I was alone only for about 90 minutes on the first day I arrived. Doing the room crawl and the boobs cruise early helped.

The room crawl was just good people having fun. Truly nice gems of human beings I wouldn’t mind seeing again. Some of you left too soon after that but here’s hoping we connect again.

I found it harder to go to dinner with a couple. And really, I don’t want to intrude on couple time. So when a few single guys came in we joined up with dinner every night. That helped. Otherwise, breakfast and dinner could get lonely.

My preference for a next trip would be to find a nice, fun, openminded girl to go with (and I don’t necessarily mean a swinger). Just someone that doesn’t mind the attention, doesn’t mind seeing people naked, and doesn’t mind to flirt and be flirted with. But I would definitely prefer going single rather than going with a closeminded judgmental person. That would be awful and restrictive.

In short, I would say:

Going with openminded fun girl > Going single > Going with closeminded conservative > Not going at all

I’m not naming the names of people I partied with. But I truly wish to see them again at TRT or elsewhere. I’ve never made “resort friends” before. (I’m getting emotional writing this… I have to stop before getting teary eyed). It would be tragic not to see these people again.

If you have any specific questions about any subject I didn’t address here (Lol.. is there?), please go ahead and ask. In this thread or PM me if you want. I just may ;) post on this forum some more even if I don’t know if/when I’ll go back to Temptation.

Holy shit… 6 pages and 2900 words… :facepalm:

Sorry.

• Like x 53
    • Winner x 30
    • Friendly x 5
    • Informative x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • List
  2. MandP

MandP Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +134 / 0
    Fantastic review my sentiments exactly!

3. vacationfun2

vacationfun2 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +346 / 1
    Great review from a different perspective.

4. hotfitcpl

hotfitcpl Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +619 / 1
    Fuck dude, you nailed it. Great job!

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  5. Nanners

Ratings:
    +284 / 0
    Jeez. I just read your review! It's exactly right. Shoulda just quoted it and added the Singles part! Welp... it's not like I had anything else to do on the plane.

6. MandP

MandP Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +134 / 0
    Lol like I said we had very similar trips....great minds I guess :marshe:

7. marshe

marshe The Original Hottie and Hellraiser Registered Member

when not on vacation, home based 25 mns from Toron
    Ratings:
    +1,770 / 4
    I generally don't read TR on CCC, but single dude Reviews aren't common.
    Your review is fantastic!
    Glad you enjoyed the joint and the staff.
    Sounds like you get the 'uniqueness' of the experience.
    Also suspect TTR is now in your blood.....and sometime really soon, when the "glow" subsides you will be 'jonesing' for another dose of the elixir of Mecca.
    Bet your back sooner than you think...with or without a companion

Btw...is that a hot tub you made in your summary?
    Kinda neat

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
  8. Nanners

Ratings:
    +284 / 0
    Oh I'll be back. Next time I feel like getting sun and tequila/rhum. No reason to go anywhere else for that.

My only fear is that it becomes super popular with roving bands of douchy bachelor parties. In that sense, the price increases are ..uhh.. good.

9. Lindilou

Lindilou Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +928 / 1
    Great and very informative report! You rocked buddy! We'll PM for a night out in Mtl soon!! Gotta get all the juicy details ;)

10. avballguy

avballguy Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 1
    Great review!! I agree with marshe. I had been to TTR 4 times as a couple pre reno. My first trip as a single last Nov. was awesome. Went again this past Feb., again single, and had an even better time. Was home for about a month before I decided it was time to book another trip in May for my birthday. These forums are like crack and just keep the want to go back at a heightened level especially when you read a TR like yours.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice