7th Time Trip Report - Mixed Feelings

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by CaptMorgan, Feb 27, 2018.

1. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,612 / 4
    When we checked in we had to wait for our room (bit of a back story, but doesn't matter), are butler ended up leaving without ever getting us a room. We fell asleep at the pool waiting for them to get us, and they never did. I went to the desk, and they had no idea what was going on. Ended working out good for us, as I used that as leverage to not have to sit thru the presentation, since we were on a referral, but still, wtf?

2. teamDMFP

teamDMFP Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +566 / 1
    Would duct tape help to keep the closet doors shut? We like a nice, dark room...and I always pack duct tape no matter where we go lol.

3. BandLus2

BandLus2 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +393 / 0
    This was Aug 26- Sept 2 trip. So still early during soft opening. Hope they can get everyone on the same page for dress code. Its been hit or miss. Hubby always has long pants just in case.

4. turk870

turk870 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +340 / 1
    I was kicking myself in the ass for not packing duct tape. Won't make that mistake again. To answer your question YES it would have fixed the problem pronto.

5. Neverfales

Neverfales Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +580 / 1
    Wow--tough customer, here. We consider ourselves to be very discerning and even difficult to please at times, but I'll have to say we weren't concerned with ANY of the issues you brought up. Nonetheless, it's squeaky wheels like you that tend to bring out the grease gun, so I'm hoping that management sees this and is prompted to take action. Thanks for the honesty.

6. Lindilou

Lindilou Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +923 / 1
    We actually fixed the ones that weren't working right in our room... just realigned the clasps and retightened! Bingo, 30 sec job and no more swearing. You do get a lot of finger prints all over to try to figure out from which side they open though! Make a game out of it and keep score!

7. glenn/monique

glenn/monique Titties n Beer Registered Member

Ratings:
    +423 / 1
    what about those chairs?

8. CaptMorgan

CaptMorgan Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0
    What is stupidly frustrating is the need to make repairs to a brand new resort while in Mexico on vacation. That’s insane. Call me high maintenance if you will, but I’m not packing repair supplies (nor Lysol for the air vents) or any such bullshit to Mexico for a supposed 4+star priced resort. Doing so defeats the purpose of vacation. I manange properties for a living. I don’t want to fix shit in Mexico. TTR apologizers say whatever you like but there’s absolutely no excuse for this.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. Lindilou

Lindilou Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +923 / 1
    I agree, I'm in commercial buildings, so we know how stuff gets banged up with all the traffic. All I was saying is there is no need to rip everything out so stuff gets fixed faster, it just makes it this much harder for the maint people to get ahead of this mess. All I did was, while having my Grand Marnier one evening and waiting for my Mrs. to finish getting ready, I fixed the dressers doors.

But again, we've traveled all over, and there is always something that's not right, never is perfect. So if the bad outweighs the good in one’s opinion, then for sure we might not be in the right place and in need for something that better suits what we want for a vacation and what we're willing to pay for. We are not apologizing in any way for what the resort as done, cause it might be us in our next trip that will get a mess that ticks us off. Was just sharing our experience.

10. marshe

marshe The Original Hottie and Hellraiser Registered Member

when not on vacation, home based 25 mns from Toron
    Ratings:
    +1,770 / 4
    Interesting TR.

Just wrapped up our 4th trip since Opening Day, and 28th overall.
    Have to say it was the "best one yet" since the Reno!
    The rapid ascension of improvements has been very noticeable over 28 weeks, on each trip since August.

We both are hard markers and we really couldn't find anything to formally complain about, that wouldn't be construed as petty.
    Last year, same week, we were at DRM, -- and although very good and has greatly improved over time-- it is not comparable to TTR 2.0

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice