7th Time Trip Report - Mixed Feelings

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by CaptMorgan, Feb 27, 2018.

1. CaptMorgan

CaptMorgan Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0
    Hey Kyle! Long time no talk!

Thanks for the good words. I think after reading my report one more time it comes across as though we did not have a good time at TTR. That's not the case at all. Matter of fact, it was one of our better trips, I just am getting much more sensitive to the annoying strange random shit that one has to put up with there than I used to be, probably due to the good experiences we've had at Desire. In particular, we got a LOT of sleep during the TTR portion of this trip, probably because the crowd dispersed so early and there's nothing else to do afterwards. We averaged like 7 hours a night where we usually used to get 4. So that part was good, especially prior to Desire where we average even less sleep due to all the nighttime fun.

Jess and Ryan did not join us for Desire, they wanted to spend a full week at the new TTR. I think they had a pretty good time.

Great to hear from you, and please give the lovely Jen our best!

2. CaptMorgan

Ratings:
    +82 / 0
    Ah yes, Brandi, thanks for the reminder. One more stupid thing we encountered, the dress code. I have no problem abiding by whatever dress code exists for each restaurant, but, when the documentation provided at check in did not indicate which restaurants did or did not require pants, we asked the concierge. She circled certain ones. So when we went to the one that used to be the old Asian restaurant and I was in shorts, I was scolded and sent away. Not cool, especially when it's because we received incorrect information.

We had a large party of 10 I think and were celebrating a friend's 50th birthday that day so instead of being indignant I went back to the room. And proceed to put on Laurie's super thin, super tight size XS yoga pants. I'm not gonna lie it was a challenge getting them on. But damn did my ass look good in them! Anyway, I walk back to the restaurant and made a point to show them to the host. Here's my pants bro! What could he say? The whole group got a good laugh.

Sometimes you just gotta roll with the bullshit stuff instead of getting mad, and have fun with it.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  3. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,627 / 4
    We had friends just get back yesterday, and they said lots of people were getting turned away from the Italian for wearing shorts, and they were the only ones from there group that had pants so they went in. I've been there twice in the last two years, and never even packed pants, and ate there both times. Wonder what the real rules are?

4. BandLus2

BandLus2 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +393 / 0
    Hubby got turned away at Italian last trip. He had linen shorts on. So we went a different night in slacks. Had no issues at any other restaurant in dress shorts.

5. bcreekcpl

bcreekcpl Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +239 / 0
    Did they offer any upgrades to your room besides the garden view? Thanks for the review and we will make note to bring some tape in case the cabinet door won't shut. :)

Lastly, we also started at TTR but once we went to Desire, we became hooked. We are giving TTR another shot so hoping for a great time!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,627 / 4
    But that was September for you? We went in October, and I wore shorts, plenty did and I didn't hear of anyone getting turned away then.

7. jnine

jnine I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2,830 / 3
    Do you think if we brought a community screw gun that everybody could use to either: A- take the damn closet / shelf doors off so they finally don't swing open, or B- screw them closed, again to prevent them opening themselves, management might take note and fix them?

8. CaptMorgan

Ratings:
    +82 / 0
    Italian is the only place I was able to eat in shorts the whole trip. See, that's what's weird. Inconsistencies....

9. CaptMorgan

Ratings:
    +82 / 0
    Well, just between all of us on here, I ripped one of the under-shelf LED light fixtures right out of the cabinet, on the one closest to my bed that would not shut. Hey, I figure I gave them fair chance to fix it, and they didn't care, so neither did I. I slept better after that.

10. CaptMorgan

Ratings:
    +82 / 0
    We were offered zero upgrades of any kind. What was even stranger is that after our bags were taken off the transfer, we walked into the lobby and nobody helped us. I had to hunt around for someone to point me in the direction of premier check in. And when they did, it was broken english "dis way dat way" directions down the hall which were especially confusing because we'd never been there. Why not just walk me over there for goodness sake?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice