Bar Stock

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by NaughtyBrunette, Feb 18, 2018.

Tags:
  1. NaughtyBrunette

NaughtyBrunette Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I’m sure there’s a complete list somewhere, but I’m having difficulty finding it. Does anyone have a list of the complete stock of alcohol?

2. BigPapaPuff

BigPapaPuff Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 2
    I don't think there is but it would be nice to plan out my drinking for the trip! :marshe:

3. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    I'm sure there could be a list, but I doubt very much it'd be of much actual help when you get boots ont he ground, or should I say spike heels and flip-flops on the ground, at TTR. Cancun/Mexico doesn't run quite as... predictably (?) as the USA and/or Canada for alcohol distribution for some reason.

For example, they started having Crown Royal at TTR for members a bit before they did the reno. They'd have some, it would run out. They'd get it again one week, gone the next, then get it again, then not have it for a month. Like that. Similar situation for some various flavored vodkas, like Absolut Mandarin, which Stacia fell in love with one trip there, then they've never had it again since. Price points, maybe?

I'm a small batch bourbon for drinks (when not drinking beer for convenience), and Fireball for shots, guy. "Sometimes" they'll have Fireball available for members, sometimes not, since we all seem to drink up their supply when they get it in. Why they can't keep up with demand is anyone's guess, from them not wanting to pay for it all the way to them literally not being able to import enough. Either way, end result the same.

We hit a liquor stor at home, or in Duty Free at the departure airport, get what we think we'll want which we're more than 2/3 certain will either run out, or not be available at TTR, and stick it int he suitcase. Yet another reason to pack for the trip, eh?

So, I can have my Blanton's on the rocks to sip, Stacia can have her Gray Goose guaranteed, and we can get a fun group doing naked Fireball shots int he Jacuzzi without having to worry if the resort will have it. Yes, it does make your trip cost a bit more, but...

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Max

Max Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +89 / 0
    Do they serve Caipirinhas? Best drink ever. Taste lime and hits like a truck.

5. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,163 / 7
    No they wont have those. They are made with cachaça, which is a Brazilian sugarcane liquor. Never saw it at TTR, and I bet it isn't all that popular in Mexico. There are some bartenders that make banging mojitos...which are pretty much the closest thing I can think of offhand to a Caipirinha.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. ScubaSteve

Ratings:
    +6,163 / 7
    No true list. I only have the member premium booze list (and some of those things are given to regular guests anyway), but if you have specific brand/type questions, just list them out and I will go in my data bank and let you if they have it or not.

7. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,626 / 4
    Question for anyone to answer. Can you carry liquor on to the plane in your carry on, if you buy it at the departure airport? We don't do any checked baggage.

8. ScubaSteve

Ratings:
    +6,163 / 7
    Yes. At our Philly airport, they will usually put it in a box, or a sealed bag, and then it is brought to your gate and put behind check-in. So as you board the plane you pick it up. Then you don't actually have to store it in your carry-on.

I know not all airports have duty free though, and sometimes if you are leaving really early, it might not be open. So it's better to look into this ahead of time.

9. brent&kells

brent&kells I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,342 / 3
    If you dont mind sweet and want somethin that hits you like a truck, ask them for a long island ice tea......you will basically get to see every liquor bottle from thir shelf while they make it too

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,626 / 4
    Our connecting airport is O’Hare, so I imagine there is a place to buy some Fireball there. At least we’ll give it a try this time. Thanks for the info.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice