Premier by Original VIP

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Joe_n_Lizz, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Joe_n_Lizz

Joe_n_Lizz Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I apologize if this is not in the correct forum section, but when we visited TTR we acquired the VIP membership they call Premier by Original Resorts.

Does anyone else have experience using the program/benefits? We are lost and never used it before? Did we make a huge mistake? I feel like we made an impulse purchase during our feel-good vacation.

:( :(

2. rogren90

rogren90 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +228 / 0
    Premier by originals are the spots that are owned by TTR people. They are Temptation, Desire! And Desire Pearl. You also have a membership to RCI as well so that you can use your days to vacation other places. It may cost you more days than it would at TTR to go for a week. That is how it works. Also with RCI you get special $99 week specials. Look at that and use it. It's nice. We prefer TTR and don't mind waiting to go again. You didn't waste your money. We have friends that we made our beneficiaries so they can have our rate too.that way we can all go together.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. Tyler and Angie

Tyler and Angie Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,018 / 2
    You didn't make a bad purchase unless you choose to not cash in on the benefits. You paid a premium, so go ahead and use the time. When TTR comes back on line, I believe it will be well worth the cost. Plus it appears that Original Resorts is building a new Desire and a new Temptation Resort. So that's added benefit.

4. Joe_n_Lizz

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Thank you for the replies thus far.

I understand the benefits while at TTR and or Desire, but when it comes to RCI.. won't we have to pay All Inclusive fees to RCI too? At least that's what the site said. Unless of course the Premier membership pays for that.

We had the understanding that Premier would include all inclusive benefits to any RCI trips we deposit weeks for. I hope I'm not wrong, because that's the idea that they articulated to us.

5. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    Stacia & I've been members since 2012. We've used our Premier Membership to go back to Temptation~Cancun 11 times since getting it, and to Desire RM 3 times. We get the premier perqs while at both, which are both subtle (meaning if you're wasted it's hard to even notice or care about them) and pervasive (meaning there's all kinds of little things that happen for members which don't happen to standard guests). For some people it makes a big difference, for others, those bennies are meaningless.

For us the real benefit has been to be able to go to other places, which are not A.I. by the way, for vacation. Oahu (both Waikiki & North Shore), St. Martin (stayed at the Atrium on Simpsons Bay and at Grand Case Beach Club). We don't use the RCI thing, we use SFX to go to the other places. SFX & RCI are very similar, I describe SFX as RCI using the internet (which is unfair to RCI but RCI is playing catch-up). The true benefit is the amount of $$$ paid.

Maui Sheraton Black Rock (near Lahaina), average room price ~$450/room/night. Standard 1-room, hotel room with features of a hotel pool, hot tub and beach access.

Maui Schooner resort, we got it through SFX for $450 for the week. 2-bedroom, 2-bath apartment, full kitchen, porch, pool, hot tub and beach access.

We went with friends that we were able to take with us because of the savings, so we literally saved about $4,000 in that one trip.

Plus, at DRM/DP we get black member bands because blak is naughtier, and at TTR we get whiz-bang white towels! Neat-O! *sarcasm*

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. Joe_n_Lizz

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Great response thanks Stacia and John. I messaged you.

7. NWCountrycouple

NWCountrycouple Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +247 / 0
    We want to use our membership with SFX too but I have no idea How is there an online site I should know about?

8. ajay

ajay HnH Repeat Offenders Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,370 / 0
    When we signed up they gave us a pamphlet explaining how to use the sfx portion. I didn't notice it until I got home and really read through all the stuff they gave us.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. Cortus

Cortus Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +181 / 0
    SFX Preferred Resorts

You will need to look at your contract from Premier Originals. You will need the SFX contract number then register. To move nights over to SFX you will need to call Premier Originals to do it. They will move over the nights or weeks needed to get the rate John and Stacia were talking about.

10. Albert Hartlage

Albert Hartlage Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    We are thinking of buying a membership. Is it worth it? Any tricks or best way to buy? Thanks, Albert

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice