FLIGHTS

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by Donald, Oct 21, 2017.

1. Donald

Donald Devil's advocate Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 2
    Is there an App, or site that tracks price drops on specific flights/airlines .

I have found some but they track point a to b , with no regards to stops/airline companies ect ..

for example I,ll get an email for a price drop on a flight that has 10 hour layovers

2. RobnBecky

RobnBecky Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +193 / 0
    I use Hopper for this, but I think I can only really do this for direct flights because there are so few options from Edmonton to Cancun direct.

I know you can also set the maximum layover to 4h in the filters so you will not get a super cheap flight plan that takes 20+ of travel time. Not exactly what you want but it can minimize the emails you get from really bad flight plans.

3. Crystal

Crystal Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +321 / 1
    I booked direct flights from Edmonton to Cancun months ago for December (we actually chose our trip dates based off when we could have direct flights), then a month ago the rotten buggers cancelled the direct and gave us a layover in Calgary that now leaves 3 hours earlier for the same price and no other options for that day.

4. RobnBecky

RobnBecky Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +193 / 0
    They did the same to us, I was able to get them to put us on another direct flight a day earlier. The option they chose for us was Edmonton -> Toronto -> Cancun, that more than doubled the flying time. I called and complained, got a direct flight a day earlier and a $250 credit to cover the extra night at the hotel. (Westjet).

You are far enough out that if leaving a day earlier is an option you may be able to get the same sort of deal.

5. Donald

Donald Devil's advocate Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 2
    I hate flight iternary changes ,, had to cancel a TTR Cabo trip one year ,, changed it ti Cancun , worked out .
    I haven't booked April yet but the flights have changed twice .. from Ottawa we have so many options ,, Ottawa Toronto or Montreal , ussually only a 1 or 2 hour layover , after a 40 minute jump, not too bad.
    Flights for April are running at 1400 (2) last time we paid 1100 . Interjet has good deals but by the time you upgrade to a seat with luggage ,, the deal is reduced.

6. Jess_2703

Jess_2703 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +621 / 0
    I heard you, I book and price have been the same so far.
    Mine went up by 100 $ and I book after. Only one flight available as well from Westjet during the day.. others are overnight flight/layover. No way in hell I'll sleep in an airport.
    I wouldn't drive either to Montreal or Toronto just to have a direct flight. I don't mind the little layover we have about an hour and we met some friend in Toronto so we can start to party earlier :)
    Flight are so early too I'm not able to actually have breakfast so I ended up taking something with me at Toronto.
    But as for an app I'm not sure either, price been the same anyhow since I book and after Christmas they will go up.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice