First Timers!!!

Discussion in 'Desire Resort' started by Deleted member 24609, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Deleted member 24609

Deleted member 24609 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Heading to Desire RM for a couple of days after TTR. We will be at Desire from 10/18/17 - 10/20/17. A little nervous but excited!! Any tips or suggestions??

2. BnK

BnK Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,159 / 0
    Hi Guys,

That's exactly how we like to end our TTR trips - at Desire, mostly Pearl.

We've been to RM twice and found it to be a great time. Pool is quieter than TTR and more social after lunch while lobby bar is a great early evening spot for drinks & entertainment before the disco opens. Disco is inside upstairs and best access is from outside not the inside stairs.

Evening hot tub is on the roof top up 3 flights of stairs so heels off before coming down & use the handrail if drinking got the better of you. Going up too. Lots of shenanigans there & it's an amazingly small space. Lots of unavoidable body contact & naked folks in there if it's busy so plan for it. Nothing offensive is permitted in terms of "ask first" & " no means no" but just really close quarters.

We love a ground floor garden view room near the pool as some 2nd floors have a crazy step by the bed that can break an ankle after dark or drinks. Haven't seen the ocean front rooms yet. Maybe this year someone might invite us to check it out..... Never know!!

Ok...Take bug spray just is case of bad seaweed, it's everywhere.....TTR too. Crazy huge welts from the bugs if bit and that takes away from the sexy when you're mostly naked!

The Asian restaurant is great & try to get the live dinner prep by the chef - Hibachi or Tepanyaki style I think they call it. Fun & social for up to 6 people - usually strangers to start but new friends by the end.

PM us if you have questions about nudity or sex in the open - nothing to fear on that front but good to know some stuff.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. Partyometer

Partyometer I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +579 / 1
    My advice - rest during the day as much as you can because the party goes ALL NIGHT!!!

4. cjwa

cjwa Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    We will also be there the 18th :)

5. MCP_&_HeavyD

MCP_&_HeavyD Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +330 / 1
    I am so glad I saw your post. Can you elaborate a little on the pool at RM being quieter. My BF and I came back from TTR for the first time last month and are so excited to go to RM next year BUT my main concern is we love the spring break party atmosphere at TTR and am worried we will lose that at RM. Also, if you're OK with it I would love to PM you to inquir more about what we can expect regarding the nudity and sex in the open. TIA

6. BnK

Ratings:
    +1,159 / 0
    Well we've been to RM twice both in Aprils so not a ton of experiences there. We are going back there in Nov for 2 nights that K during an Easter Egg hunt contest at RM. Lucky us !!!

Ok first it's about only 1/2 the people than TTR so naturally less action.

Volleyball in the middle takes up a large area of the pool for a portion of the day. The pool is surrounded by chairs and then beds behind that so lots of folks are laid out and visiting is pretty relaxed & oursie the pool by comparison.

Pool is near the mostly open air lunch restaurant and there is a swim up bar between the pool and restaurant. Nice setup but pretty mellow crowd in the pool that we've seen.

Entertainment crew does a good job getting people involved and you can get a fun bunch in the pool after volleyball but there's no fun holes and I think cause people know the roof top hot tub comes later Before dinner that it makes them hold back from pool fun honestly.

It's a small hot tub so very close proximity to each other and you can't help but mingle. Maybe that's why there's less party in the pool, not sure.

Sure happy to PM about clothing optional. FYI - Kyle and Jen have a good write up RM too about the topic too.

7. Deleted member 24609

Deleted member 24609 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Welllllll what a time!! We returned home last night. We really enjoyed Desire RM!! We got over our nervousness VERY quickly!! Loved it!! If anyone would like to chat about it feel free to PM us!!!

8. cjwa

cjwa Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    We got home last night also. We had a lot of fun.

9. Kimi Lynn

Kimi Lynn Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0

Hi Bnk... West Coast Northwesters! It was our first time at TTR last May, and come this Friday it will be our first time at DRM. Really appreciated reading these comments of yours, so we have a truer perspective of what lies ahead! ...we’re excited!

10. BnK

Ratings:
    +1,159 / 0
    Hey guys,

Glad to be of any help. Hope you have an awesome trip.

Couple extra things. For pool chairs or beach beds check in with little Danny at the pool towel shack and he’ll look after you. You can have the same spot every day or mix it up as you wish.

Be sure to enjoy some of the daytime poolside activities which are fun and often include prizes. We won 2 free nights during the Easter Egg hunt a couple years ago.

We love getting a bed around the pool for a couple of days as it’s nice to have some shade too when you need it.

For room selection we love being right in the hub and choose superior garden when available and 1301 I think is our favorite. Ground floor, no stairs and no step in the middle of the room like some 2nd floor rooms. Added a site pic with room numbers. Did you do your online express checkin ?

Desire Riviera Maya Resort | Express Check In

If you can get a reservation for the hibachi it’s well worth it and you sit in a row of 8, I recall, and it’s entertaining.

Recommend you try the apres hot tub tacos or pizzas at the lobby bar.

Have a great holiday !!!

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice