Just The Tip - Trip Report - Aug 19th - 27th

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by ScubaSteve, Sep 8, 2017.

1. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,152 / 7
    Yes I was also thinking they would put some type of rail and it would be easy, but I feel like ascetically that might not be what they want. It can't just be all about looks if you don't want people to get hurt. They should have said to the architect at some point "don't make things too difficult to operate, these people get really wasted"

Maybe they can just paint the top of the concrete on the edge a different color, this way it would identify where there is or isn't a step down.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. jnine

jnine I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2,819 / 3
    Good idea! Even a baseball field has a warning track before you hit the wall. I bet painting along the edge would help.

3. Donna & Tim

Donna & Tim I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,605 / 6
    Yea a solid white line may just work, no one ever crosses those even when driving.

T

4. Krager

Krager Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0
    Great trip report! Thanks for all the details on the new setup.

5. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,612 / 4
    I think that's a good point. I sometimes laugh at the bright yellow warnings that are painted on cracks on sidewalks etc, like people just can't see them anyway? Then a couple of days ago I was walking out of our post office, we have some sidewalk, and street repairs going on, and i tripped over a piece of re-bar that was sticking out of the ground about a foot, it wasn't painted.

I thought to myself, I see why they paint those types of things now.

As for the resort, it seems like that sort of thing was not given much of a thought, from what I have read. Stairs are hard to see, floors are slippery, ledges.... That seems like things that can be fixed, but makes you wonder why such simple fixes weren't thought of in the first place? Leaky roofs over Bash, and sewer problems are bigger problems, that are probably the result of hurried work, and poor planning.

6. Laurie-blueyes

Laurie-blueyes Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0
    Great trip report...love the details. Sounds like you and Elyse had a blast. Its great to hear that management is listening and wait staff are better than ever. I've always been impressed by how amazing the TTR staff are. And its all about the people you meet there...and your attitude. Thanks for a great TR.

7. weplay

weplay Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    we are in the trendy ocean view room; anyone knows if these are fully completed?
    any suggestions on a particular floor/rooms? we prefer to be on the quiet side for our cat naps...:)

8. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,152 / 7
    The "trendy ocean view" rooms are the old rooms that have been renovated. Mostly all of these are done, and just some of them could still be getting finished and worked on. These should be oceanfront in the buildings C, E, or G on the map. Seems like building I, if they were do put you here for oceanfront, would be the only ones that would be loud enough to effect your cat naps.

9. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    You mean a solid yellow line!

10. weplay

weplay Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    thanks.....did they not rebuild the entire resort?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice