Just The Tip - Trip Report - Aug 19th - 27th

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by ScubaSteve, Sep 8, 2017.

1. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,152 / 7
    (disclaimer...sorry this is so long. But I kind of wanted to make sure to put everything in that I was thinking)

You may ask yourself why "Just the tip", knowing all parties fully want/need the whole enchilada, but this trip report comes at a time when the New Temptation has only been open for 5 days before our arrival, and just the tip of resort was finished and fully operational.

But hey if you're working with something pretty large and complicated, "just the tip" might really be all you need. Which in Elyse and I's case for this trip, was more than enough. But I won't kid you, this trip report isn't all sunshine and roses. Even though I am a pretty easy-going and optimistic person there will be tales of peril (aside from my normal struggles of locating my pants and falling on my face).

As I begin to write, I am not exactly sure how this trip report will flow. But I will try to touch on all the main points related to the hotel construction, the general vibe, my trip, room categories, and info learned on the member pitch. I would one day like to do a day to day trip review, but as I have stated before I can't remember day to day (fat, drunk and stupid is one hell of a way to go through life). I never remember to take notes, as my camera usually tells a story, but at TTR there are many days when the camera gets completely forgotten about all together, or it isn't appropriate to take pictures anyway.

A bit of context is always helpful. So just a bit about us: This was our 5th trip to Temptation since 2013! We began with a yearly trip sometime in Sept, and eventually that moved to multiple trips a year with the other time period somewhere in May. Without this closure we would have probably been up to a few more trips by now, and we even took a little detour this past summer and went to All Ritmo (aka Sea adventures - the family resort tied to Temptation) with our 5 year old son. This was our first trip going in the mid-August time-frame. My wife Elyse (aka The Elyse) have been together since college; she is 34 and I 35. We are both party people who like drink, dance, curse, and all other kinds of good shenanigans. However, we are not in the LS. But my periscope is always up in search for a Unicorn; not looking too hard, if it happens it happens...if it doesn't, the new and improved cold water showers at TTR are very helpful. Elyse also used to be an architect, but now does building product design and engineering (I wouldn't normally point this out, but it is relevant in this TR)

This trip started out with the unknown. WILL IT BE OPEN? WILL IT BE READY? When the resort closed I was very tempted to book a last minute "wrecking balls" trip and say goodbye to the old girl. I wanted to get one last face full of motorboat action in before the new perkier model arrived a year later. However, the airfare was just too much and I couldn't justify it. Watching everyone on Facebook and seeing all the pictures made me sad, so I went ahead then and booked for the reopen. I knew I couldn't do the first day(Tuesday), because it is much easier for us from a family/work perspective to travel on the weekend, so Saturday arrival it was. We also had many friends asking us to go for Labor Day and Octoberbreast, but I didn't know if I could make it that long, plus it was easier to sneak it in before school started. I knew this was the "soft opening", and I expected problems to go with that, but the main thing was making sure the same vibe of the resort was still intact, and help reinvigorate it if need be.

Flights

Sadly woken up at 4am with a text that our 8am flight was delayed until 10am. Ahhh shit that's a real kick in the pants! Though, I am thankful for the phone message and knowing ahead of time about the delay. It was much better to get a couple of extra hours of sleep in at home, rather than standing around in the (least favorite in the country) Philadelphia Airport.

Car drop-off, Elyse begging like a seal for the shrimp off my Bloody Mary, and airport breakfast of champions at Chickie and Pete's (crab fries and cheese-steak egg sandwiches) all were awesome. Time to fly!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Arrival and Transfer

Outstanding! As always flying into the Cancun airport is a breeze, and one of the reasons, aside from TTR, that we go to Cancun so much. Flight costs are average, but the direct trip is only 3.5 hours. Going through customs this time only took about 15 minutes total, and was surprisingly empty for a Saturday afternoon. Bags were ready for us on the conveyor belt, and our button press was green. Now that we are in Cancun that green light is a "Go" for pretty much almost everything...we aren't in Kansas anymore Toto.

USA Transfers (4th time using them) was a home run. Even when it is super busy, we have never waited more the 10 minutes for a private air conditioned van to pick us up. They take the quick way to the hotel to avoid traffic, and they have always showed up for our return exactly when they are supposed to. Bonus, we can chug a few beers on the way there as the driver typically laughs at the two of us. This time I actually did the unthinkable and spilled half a beer. It's ok Miguel didn't give a shit at all.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Arrival and First thoughts of the hotel

Holy shit look at how huge this thing is! (that's what she said) "Redefining Cancun's skyline" it's true...well I guess in this area anyway, because all the other taller hotels are the other direction. So they really did a good job owning this particular area in Cancun (You don't always have the be the biggest, just the biggest in the room). I immediately noticed that they didn't finish the tile work (the Italian in me). Which I actually didn't expect them to after seeing pictures a few weeks out. But they did think ahead and have a plan with a matching drop-canvas. Not a big deal; who cares what the outside front of the building looks like anyway once you walk through the doors.

Greeted with the "Welcome home" message and hugs from the staff. Everyone outside seemed even happier than normal. Walk in the doors and Blam it hits you. It's hot as balls. Yep no AC in the lobby. Oh well we kind of knew this from what we were reading ahead of arrival, so it wasn't a huge shock. However, I could only imagine people that were coming and didn't know they were booked for a "soft opening". There seemed to be several of them, pretty disgruntle. Now some were just mad about room issues day after day, and some people literally had no idea. (I am not sure how that happens, maybe they didn't do their due-diligence, but I still felt bad for them.)

OK so aside from it just being hot, it was busy. There were workers drilling, cutting, and scraping all kinds of stuff. Not the best thing to see all around, but I knew it was coming, and really it wasn't that big a deal. All the other timeshare people, counter people, and general help all around the lobby seemed very happy and had their best foot forward. I look over at my wife and she says "How do these ladies stay looking so put together in this and walk around in those big ass heels" Elyse at this point basically looks like a hot mess, so I just laugh and say not to worry you will be in a bikini soon enough.

[​IMG]

Side note: I asked what was up with the AC, they said "it is off for a few hours because the entire system is being replaced, then later it will be back on". I figured that made sense. 5 days open and they weren't able to repair what they originally installed...time to replace the unit. Later that night the AC was back on and working in the new building. Days later I noticed that there is a tractor trailer in the parking lot full of AC equipment. So what I am gathering is that they called in this emergency unit to pump AC in the building (I have seen this before when they ghetto-rig places with AC for special events). Not sure if this is what is still powering the main building now. But if it is, I would expect at some point in the near future for the AC to be turned off again when they switch to the permanent AC systems. Hopefully they have set them up correctly or upgraded them from their initial attempts.

Check-in and Room situation

So we walk up to the check-in desk, we are handed a house drink of some kind and I gave my name. OMG they actually have a room ready for us at 1pm. 5th trip and that's a 1st. Thought 3 things: Maybe they are hooking us up cause I am a member OR this is some shit room that no one wants OR they literally just finished it. Well either way let us see if we got lucky. So we head to what used to be the 5000 building, and go into our room. I was like wtf kind of room is this, as I have never been in this room type before. It's smaller than the rooms I have had before in the building. It has a very large window overlooking the courtyard, then on the other side of the room it has a half-sized balcony where you can technically see the ocean. I wouldn't consider it "ocean view" if I was paying, but it did have one. OK OK it's a little small, and so is the balcony (that's more important to us), but whatever. Hmmmm the AC isn't working, it's on, it's trying, nothing is happening. Room was empty, maybe it will just take a bit to cool down. So the bellboy gives us the rundown of the room and the "new and improved" digital controls. He seems very confused getting the controls to work, I said "it's cool, I'll figure it out", thanks, see ya latter buddy. Elyse and I begin our unpacking process. I notice there is no closet, and the built-in storage is hardly enough to put anything. We have to get creative and do some rearranging of the fridge and coffee pot to figure out who is putting their stuff where. BOY it's hot in here, this AC is 100% not working. So I go to play with the controls and everything is set correctly. It was at this point I realized all the lights in the room won't turn off. So basically the electric system wasn't setup correctly, and that I can't deal with. So it's off to the front desk for a new room. (they also thought we were the amazingly wonderful couple across the hall and we kept getting their phone calls and room service attempts, and their name was on our TV. Clearly there were some lines crossed in the system)

I get to the front desk, and very nicely explain the situation with the AC and the lights. She swears the AC will work later with the new system (Now to me that's complete BS. I can't see how the AC in the 5000's has any connection to the new building, but hey I'm no HVAC guy). So we move past that and I explain the lights, she laughs, and I can tell we are now on the same page. Time to move, BUT no rooms until tomorrow, come back at 1 and she is going to "hook me up nice". Sounds good to me, I can deal a day.

We don't unpack, but get our suits out. Elyse asks if we are going to do are normal "tradition" before we head to the pool...I decline. It was too hot for that, lets quick shower and get the frack out of here. So with no AC in the room you basically have to plan on getting out of the shower and getting dressed as fast as possible, luckily bathing suits are easy. I noticed the room is very slippery, but the shower itself isn't. There was a softer textured tile in the shower that made that safer. I figured that was smart thinking.

Boom off to the pool. Get dunk. Later we had dinner at the buffet, and Glow party at Bash. Got too see many amazing old friends and make some new awesome ones. Wearing a pink suit and tie was funny but extremely hot. Elyse's glow outfit was awesome! Lots of other people in tutus and glow gear as well. Lots of fun dancing on the bar and on the stage. Everyone was having a great party time. All the bartenders were pumped to see everyone, and the waitresses walking around couldn't be more helpful.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Day 2 room 2

So we sleep in, and I head to the front desk at 1pm as discussed. They have no room ready for us. Ahhh here we go with this shit again. Totally uncool, and I explain the person at the desk the manager girl (sorry I forget her name, she is new, short, and very nice) was going to take care of us at 1pm, it's 1pm now, and we would really like to settle in to a room. He said there was nothing he could do, come back at 3, and she avoided looking in my direction. I didn't feel like fighting with them, so I just said I would be back at 3 on the dot. Head back to the room, break the bad news to Elyse, tell her it will be OK, just get all sexy, close your bags up,and I will take care of everything moving forward, go have fun. I do the same, and pack my bags. We head to the premier deck and our normal party time begins. Life is good. Let's forget about this room BS for a while.

OK so while at the premier deck bar I learn about these new guys "Butlers". Apparently ours wasn't available when we checked in, so we never met him. My buddy Dan introduces me to Daniel (I think that was his name) and Caesar. Explain the whole room situation, they apologize for everything, and tell me they will take care of everything. An hour or so later they return, let me know everything is taken care of, we have a new room, Caesar has already checked and the AC is cold, the hot water is working, the lights turn off, says it's over by quiet pool and if I am ready they will take my bags to the new room. So Caesar, Daniel, and I walk back to the room, grab the suitcases and head across the resort. They insist on carrying everything, I insist on helping. We get to the new room and it's completely as promised. I give him the old room keys, he gives me the new ones. It was at this moment I realized I am probably never going to deal with the front desk ever again in my life. These butler guys are the best!

This new room by the quiet pool. It's right above the hallway leading to Nice shoes. The balcony is weird if you were looking for privacy because it bumps right up in the corner of the next two rooms which share a balcony. This would be the best room grouping if you and your friends had them all. But if you had some "Fun Haters" right next door, anyone of these 3 rooms could suck. Moving forward I am probably always going to request rooms around the quiet pool. Yea the view might suck, but the close proximity to the restaurants, both pools, Score (you can go use your own bathroom), and the quiet pool bar seems ideal. Plus you wouldn't hear Bash at night if you didn't want to.

I have no pics of the first room (sorry) but here are pics of the second on by the quiet pool.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

OK so at this point I realize this TR is getting long winded, and the play by play was only really relevant on our first two days. The rest of the week pretty much functioned as it normally does. Crazy and sexy shenanigans all around! We had two days of rain during the entire day, but the rooms come with umbrellas (which I put to good use while still able to move around, socialize, dance, and do a mummers strut (it's a Philly thing))

I will break the rest of the review into key parts:

Food
    • The breakfast buffet is about the same as it was, maybe a little worse. But that is still because they seem to be figuring out what they are doing this first week. They didn't really have a system and as many choices to offer, but I am sure these are just brief growing pains. There are two sides to the buffet in the morning, and they do have some different options. It looks like in the future the kitchens are more setup for them to make you items to order. Meaning they will have less buffet chafing dishes. This may take some getting used to because you will have to think and order, and can't just be hungover with your head down to load a plate and attempt to reactivate.
    • Sea Flirt for breakfast - this was awesome. On the days we eat breakfast moving forward, this will probably be where I will go 50% of the time.
    • Italian - probably on the same level it was before. To be honest, this meal is a little hazy. Elyse said I liked most of it. I am sure I liked our dinner company even more though.
    • Sea Flirt for dinner - Sitting outside was awesome and the food was pretty awesome too. Sucked it rained mid-meal and we had to move inside, but still really nice. I had very large prawns, and Elyse said it was the best lobster she ever had at Temptation. Overall I would say the the quality of the seafood was better than before all over the resort at every restaurant. All the fish was fresher, and the shrimp was much larger. I mostly eat seafood, and I was very impressed with whoever their supplier is now. Either they are paying more or have a better vendor, because it is defiantly better (and I thought is was good before).
    • Asian - so the night we ate at the Asian restaurant there was literally a waterfall feature behind us from rain coming in. It was so bad it was actually funny. Hey whatever lets do some shots and watch the hibachi chef. So the meal was your standard hibachi, and the performance probably wasn't as good as it will be once the dudes get more practice. I would recommend actually doing the sit-down and not being sat at the grill. The regular table seating menu has a wide variety of choices. It was still a fun group dinner, again with amazing company.
    • Amores (Mexican lunch) - this is similar to before. As in the buffet, there is a dude behind a grill and other kitchen equipment. I find it better to ask and talk to them about what they can make you fresh instead of just going with the standard buffet items. They usually have good stuff you might not even know about, and these choices typically change daily.
    • Bar menu (I think this might only be for members/Referrals) - this menu has about 6-7 items on it. Some of them are OK, some of them are very good. This is a great option if you don't feel like stopping the party to go eat, but you NEED to eat. There were many much needed buckets of fries sent our direction.
    • Room service - Two nights we ordered in. 1 night it was really good, and the other night it wasn't. I guess this can be hit or miss. It is nice that now you can look at the menu on the TV, but you still have to call them to order. They wouldn't bring mixed drinks though. I am not sure if I was just too toasted and they knew better, or if there is some policy about ordering full mixed drinks. We ended up getting a bottle of white wine for $25, and Elyse said the wine was pretty good. (but who knows, she probably thought it was fireball). There is also nowhere really to put the food in the room now that the desks have been removed. So make sure you have cleared a space before you order.
    • She (couples only experience) - There are 3 sitting times for this restaurant, and you kind of have to be on-time. Small portions, 9 courses. Some of them are pretty good, some of them are just OK. Again I don't want to go too deep into criticizing the operations of the restaurants, because they were probably learning as they went along. I would only imagine their cooking abilities will improve, and my lamb chops won't be so overcooked at every restaurant. The other thing about this SHE dinner is that it is LONG (longer than Italian). If you are looking for some nice alone time and a romantic meal, than this might hit the spot. I liked it for the 1st hour, but it became too much. About 4 tables went outside at one point to do some shots and have a smoke. They also had a girl dancing on the poles. That was nice, but she wasn't as hot as the girl I saw on Kyle's thread. Not that I am there for that, but it would have been nice. We also didn't get a guitar guy, so I was kind of bummed about that, haha, but seriously I like live guitar.
    • Cafe - So this was one of our favorite brand new additions. I don't even drink coffee, but many people like being able to go get a pick-me-up at any point doing the day. I think friends even got me drinking espresso or something strong (can't say no to anything at TTR). They also had some nice pastries and an awesome doughnut topped with bacon.
    Dinner at She
    [​IMG]

The new resort itself, functionality and safety

All the new stuff is awesome, looks cool in pictures, and is fun to party at and in. Lots of great new features, and I can only see it getting better as time passes. The sky bar is probably going to be sick.

However:
    • They might have been a bit too soon on the opening. I know it is hard to stress test the building for real until people are there, so I am not talking about that part with the hot water and AC. But I think they needed another week to finish putting up doors, finish the bathrooms, add cushions to chairs, close up holes in the floors, and add railings. (I'm not going to dwell on this now, because it's pointless as most of these things were/are being resolved)
    • Form over function - like I said Elyse does this building stuff for a living. I made her promise to not go all nerd crazy on this stuff when we were there. She mostly was able to laugh it off. But the main thing she said is they will continue to have drainage and leakage issues all over unless they do something major. She said the top part of Bash and all around isn't properly built, and their or no rain gutters or downspouts anywhere. (she said lots more that I am not getting into on purpose, haha). She said "Normally architects come up with all this crazy stuff that looks great and impresses everyone. Then the engineers come in and basically tell the architect how all those dreams aren't realistic, and they need to settle somewhere in the real world in between esthetics and functionality. But in the case of this project that doesn't seemed to have happened and no one came in and redesigned many of the new features; toning them back so they can function in reality.
    • Watch your head - When you are coming from the 5000 building side and going under the ramp, be careful. It looks higher than it actually is, and many people mentioned almost hitting their heads. I moved a bunch of large potted plants the one day under the ramp so that people wouldn't walk where it was low. Who knows if they will stay, or they do something even better than my plant solution.
    • Watch the edge of the cliff (aka the Sexy pool cliff dive) - when leaving the sexy pool to head to the bathroom, there is a part with a step down, then right next to it there is a part with no step down. If you aren't paying attention and walking and talking with someone, it is very easy for one person to step down correctly, and the other to just step right off the edge and smash their face and break an ankle. Be very care on the ledges leaving the pool to the bathrooms near the Swiss cheese holes.
    • Watch your drinks - the tables at bash have a rounded edge to them, it is very easy to just send your drink sailing over the edge of the table and into someones lap. Maybe you will get lucky and get to lick it up. Or maybe it's my lap and that would be disgusting.
    • Watch your shower sex - no i don't mean watch it in the mirror, definitely do that if you can. But I mean the showers are slippery. As I was saying room #1 had a different tile with texture. Room #2 didn't. It was the same slick tile found elsewhere. Just be careful.
    • Watch yourself over the edge of the Tower if using a Jacuzzi - the rooms with the deck Jacuzzi have steps leading up to them, if you were to slip and fall sideways you could easily fall from this elevated point over the glass half wall and to your death off the tower. They should put a higher glass wall in. It might not look as nice, but it be better.
    • Watch the lobby - Elyse said this tile is pretty slippery as well.
    • Watch your nose - It still smells like sewage in some locations. Elyse said the girls bathroom by the pool was terrible and there was like a hole in the ground in there. Hopefully this gets fixed all around or this place will never be 4 stars.
    Bash, lobby bar, and Score

Basically all of these new locations are awesome for a party. There was always something happening and they were never disappointing, even when the weather was bad. I wrote this section below in another post, and just wanted to add it here to explain some things without having to re-type them.

A few things with this one (It rained multiple times at night last week, so I actually have experience "getting wet" at the new TTR, haha) :

1. You can stay at Bash now when it is raining - There is enough covered area around the long bar (and some other umbrellas), that a decent amount of people just stayed in the rain. Lots of people would also dance in the rain on the main stage "not giving a shit".

2. The lobby bar is literally right at the two main doors that lead outside bash, and right outside those doors, and in between them, it is covered. So with people at the side bar, the tables outside the doors of the lobby bar, and people at and all around the lobby bar, it can still house a lot of people and can be pretty poppin. (Side note...this lead to some dances where they were "putting them on the glass" for people on the other side)

3. Score (the sports bar) is a decent size, it doesn't smell, it is cool temp, and it can also get pretty poppin. But it couldn't fit everyone in there.

4. On lingerie night it rained later, but the entertainment staff still had not done their show. They got lots of people to move and were able to preform it in Score. Hard to see if you were at the far end because it isn't raised. It was still pretty fun and I was very surprised they were able to do their thing in there. It was pretty impressive dancing and everyone gathered around, which then turned into guests and other staff in a dance circle...which was very fun. So it wasn't like people when the show died at Nice Shoes and everyone left. Instead everyone pretty much stayed and danced hard on one another.

Bottom line: In a heavy (party impacting rain) between Score, the lobby bar and the way Bash is setup, there is enough room for everyone to have somewhere to go, and both locations to still feel like there is a full party in each spot.

[​IMG]

The staff

Is it possible for this to get better? I didn't think so, but it did! Everyone, and I mean everyone, was super happy to be there and having a great time. Lots of the old favorites are still there, and the new people that have joined the team are great. Even the waiters and waitresses are fun around the pool, in score, and at bash. I saw a few of them break out in full blown break dances with entertainment staff and just regular people as well. The service at this resort couldn't be any better in my opinion. I never even know I need things until they are handing them to me. Even had someone go to the store for smokes and red bulls one day. I don't know if it was just cause the first week, or just because they have known us for years, but it was like hugs from everyone, encouragement to get up on top of the bars (Elyse had no problems with this), and excitement to sing and dance with us. The staff are one of the things that make this resort what it is! When there just as many characters on one side of the bar as the other, you know you are going to have a great time.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The sexy pool

Oh it's sexy. I don't like to get too much into the details of things that I may have seen or done in the pool or poolside. And sadly this trip I wasn't in the sexy pool all that much (it was hot), but the new pool is great. But if you are on the one end it is pretty far from the bathrooms, and that's my only major complaint. The other problem is that it is deeper, so shorter girls do have a harder time. But lots of "action" does happen on the main steps, and around the huge bar itself. So file in there and I am sure you will find someone nice to rub into.

Boobs Cruise

Sadly this was our first trip with no Boobs Cruise. I am very much regretting it now. I didn't book ahead because I didn't know if I wanted to go my 3rd day or my 7th day, and it was going to depended on if we met up with a new group of friends there (we went into this trip with not actually knowing anyone, but that turned out to not be true anyway). So we were going with the flow on which day to cruise once there.

Sadly a week before the trip I fell off the back of a golf cart and got a concussion and other injuries. I didn't want to push my brain too hard with all the rocking on the boat while still recovering Monday. No big deal, I would just go on the Saturday cruise. Ended up that day I felt terrible in the morning and didn't even know if I could even party that day. So we had to pass on the cruise. Luckily I ended up being able to pull it together and was able to party on our last full day, but the ship was already out to sea. So the best we could do was go meet the boat and welcome them back. Elyse got naked on the dock. So I hope that showed we cared and really missed it, haha.

Entertainment staff

I know this is a popular topic, but I have said before that I don't really pay all the much attention to the entertainment crew or the organized games. Not that I have a problem with them, but when I am hanging out with my group of 10-15 doing god knows what goofy, stupid and perverted shit, the games are kind of just like in the background of whatever party we are making ourselves. I do like looking over to a game when I see people I know participating, and I like to see the funny stuff they do, but I am not focused on what will come next in a front seat and all my attention. I guess this kind of wore off after my first few trips. But I am not against it, and I am sure one day I will be back up there in a game again. It just has to fit the time for me personally.

I will say I thought all the new people were super nice, fun and talented. Many of them were very hot and attractive. They seemed to be doing a great job interacting with the guests, but aside from talking to them on the side of the pool, or dancing with them at night, I don't have much to say one way or another, but I do hope many of them work out and I imagine they will keep getting better and better!

[​IMG]

The people and the Vibe

Once again this trip was filled with lots of serious hotties, cool chicks and awesome dudes. We had so much fun getting to finally meet some of the people from the forum in person, and also making a group of friends that we rocked it with most of the time. I saw so many great theme costumes, hot dresses, funny tee-shirts, and I have to mention lingerie night was off the carts this time! Some days I feel like all I did was just laugh to the point were I was going to fall over or shoot a shot of fireball out my nose.

I don't like to mention specifics about anything in particular, but there are lots of standout moments I will remember forever. I also don't want to call out names in order to protect the guilty (and respect people's jobs and privacy). YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE! (you know I don't GAF what anyone says about me. My privacy, or lack of, is here for your pleasure!)

[​IMG]

Misc
    • Warning - the new pink cone bar stools all around are too big for girls and have a sharp edge. Lots, and I mean Lots, of girls had bruises on their thighs from sitting on these stools.
    • Elyse said the room hair straighteners aren't that good, bring you own. But the dryer is good.
    • There is still lots of finishing type work that is needed to make everything look good. This seems tough with people all around, but they will probably make do. I don't want to see the overall place lost in some of these shitty details left as is.
    • Elyse also said the water aerobics was almost like a real workout.
    • Most of the furniture is a pain in the ass to sit in. Expect the avocado chairs, and surprisingly I found the orange lobby bar stools comfortable.
    • I think the sexy pool bar is too long at the top, you very rarely see anyone at the one end of it.
    • The gym was nice with lots of good equipment, but still needs a lot of finishing work.
    • Some of the rooms will have a terrible view where you are actually just looking at a wall 15 feet away from your patio.
    • There was a water balloon fight the one day in the pool - I thought this was a pretty stupid idea and not something I would want to be involved in at the pool. I would love to peg my friend in the head with a huge water balloon from overhead from Bash into the pool, but what if I hit some pretty girl that was all done up with hair and make-up. Not cool.
    • The giant Apple DJ booth is awesome and looks great in pictures.
    • Music is exactly what it used to be. It was getting better our last few trips, but it's pretty much staying right at that point. Not super repetitive (where it was the same song every 7 songs), but you will hear the same stuff multiple times a day. One night the DJ was really taking our requests seriously and I feel like our group did a better job telling him different party songs to play than he was playing on his own.
    • The timeshare pitch is a waste of time at this point. Unless you're ready to spend some crazy money to upgrade to a tower. The only upgrade from garden that makes sense is probably upgrading to a regular Jacuzzi room.
    • The bash tower rooms on the lower floors seem pretty stupid to me, as you can't see the pool (I will be making a separate room post about these thoughts)
    • Management does seem like they care, and I see it getting better and better by Oct 15th and beyond.
    • The sinks being outside the bathroom close to the pool are weird. People walking by can see you adjusting and fixing yourself, and it doesn't feel very private when I am trying to make sure I don't look like a hot drunk mess and my bandana is all over the place, haha.
    • Speaking of bathrooms, installing paper towel dispensers was stupid. It was so much nicer being able to dry your hands on actual small towels and throw them in the hamper.
    • In general I do believe the resort got classier, but nothing to the point where everyone that was there before would feel out of place now.
    • I do believe there was a bit of a younger crowd than in the past, but you know how that could change at any given time point.
    • I can't believe they did nothing to the premier bar. Yes it felt like it always has, but they could have upgraded that thing for sure. Or at least made it easier from a service standpoint for Adan and Jerry. I feel like they have even more shit to deal with behind that little bar now.
    • All the drinks and the booze got better all around .
    • They had Fireball and Jagermister at the premier bar, and if you wanted it or something else at a different bar, they would 100% go get it for you.
    • The new plastic and glassware was way nicer everywhere. I personally hated drinking out of what they had before and always used one of my two different Bubba mugs, this trip it didn't matter anymore.
    • All plates, bowls and silverware have been upgraded.
    • There isn't anywhere to store your suitcases in the room. You have to just put them in the corner.
    I tested the poles in SHE when everyone left the restaurant. They were very strong, and apparently I am an amazing pole dancer. Might be time for a part-time job.

Sorry this trip report was wayyyy long, I didn't realize how much I was writing (and I did shorten some parts the best I could). It was such a great time, thanks again to everyone that was a part of this "just the tip" trip. Please don't be a stranger and send some follows my way on CCC. Or hit me up on facebook @SteveInglese

The End.
    [​IMG]

• Like x 40
    • Winner x 10
    • Agree x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
  2. Vodkawater

Vodkawater Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,796 / 1
    Awesome report. You're hilarious !

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. WVDeb/Eric

WVDeb/Eric Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +109 / 0
    OMG Steveo.....This is the longest novel I've read in 30 years. I'm certain you had to forget something.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. BethandDave

BethandDave Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0
    What took longer the trip or the writing of this TR? Anyways, nice job, fun read!

5. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,612 / 4
    Ok, I started... I'll need to come back when I have more time.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. Tyler and Angie

Tyler and Angie Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,018 / 2
    You long winded F#@K!!! It was GREAT to meet you! Great and accurate report. Hope our paths cross again.
    xoxo
    Angie

7. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,152 / 7
    Hahahahaha I just feel like there was a lot that needed to be said at this point, and hopefully some of that info can benefit other people in the near future.

Plus it doesn't take me that long because I can type very fast, and I didn't feel like working half of today cause I am in weekend mode. About to head out the door to the beach to visit my dad and get baked! Have a great weekend everyone!

I am sure our paths will cross again Angie!

8. vacationfun2

vacationfun2 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +346 / 1
    That is setting a high standard for future reports. Thank you very much. Your pictures are amazing.

9. Nikki&Ira

Nikki&Ira Secretary of Octoberbreast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +921 / 6
    Amazing job! Thank you for the tips and insight!!! 21 days!

Nikki

10. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,612 / 4
    It is a little disappointing that it seems they rushed the opening, and some of the problems, sewer, drainage, slippery floors,etc... will take major work to improve.

Great report though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice