GP trip report Aug. 6th-August 10th.

Discussion in 'Golden Parnassus Forum' started by DPTP, Aug 10, 2017.

1. DPTP

DPTP Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    We just got home.
    Check in took some time. They tried to sell us the 6th floor for $60 extra per night.
    The previous threads/reports are true about no topless-not 1 person. If you are planning on going for topless, this is not the place. The place needs to be renovated. Could hardly never get US change currency unless you buy something in the gift shop,etc. The beds are short which was fine for us however if you are over 5'9'' your feet will hang over the bed. I would not buy an excursion at the hotel, at least not Tulem. GP wanted $58 per person and we went online and bought the same trip to Tulem for $58 total for 2 and they picked us up at the resort. On a positive note, the A/C in the room was cold, the food was good. The beer was cold, not sure how much alcohol was in frozen drinks,etc., .........we don't drink them. Happy Shuttle was the best-they picked us up on time at the airport and on time at the hotel on departure day. Not sure if we would stay there again or not.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  2. Al and Kim

Al and Kim Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 4
    Can you tell us what the Tulum excursion included? We have been thinking about going down there.
    Thank you

3. DPTP

DPTP Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    The Tulum excursion included shuttle hotel pick up and drop off. A snack on the shuttle. An tour guide telling you all about the history of Tulum and the Mayans, time to go wander around yourself for an hour or so and back to the shuttle.

4. Cheers2US

Cheers2US Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +617 / 2
    We liked GP, too, but I also wonder if we'll go back. My husband and I often have conversations like this:

"Well Temptation's prices are going up and Desire is expensive already. If we just want a lovely beach all-inclusive, GP is the way to go. So affordable!"

"Yeah"

"Yeah"

"But... GP is not nearly as exciting as Temptation or Desire..."

"True..."

"And Desire/TTR are so FUN"

"True..."

"ah Eff it - it's worth the money. Let's go to Desire/TTR!"

"Yay!"

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice