Breathless Review

Discussion in 'Breathless Riviera Maya Forum' started by JnJPartyStyle, Apr 18, 2017.

1. JnJPartyStyle

JnJPartyStyle Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +405 / 0
    Quick breathless review…

TTR regulars here.

Just got back from 3 nights at breathless after 5 nights at Desire rm.

For those of you who are wondering about breathless, here are the pros and cons from our view.

Pros:

Amazing facility: One of, if not the nicest hotels we’ve ever been to. Super modern, super classy.

Amazing food: Best breakfast buffet and dinner choices of any of the resorts ever been to.

Service: Fantastic. But to be honest, we’ve never had bad service in Cancun/RM

Drinks: Great! Top shelf stuff, and the bartenders didn’t mix everything college style like TTR.

Crowd: Young… I’d say early to mid-30s on average.

Party atmosphere: Good. More of a Vegas pool party than a TTR Frat party.

Cons:

EDM all day long… I mean… All day long… We like EDM for the most part. In small to moderate doses. But 24 hours straight of untz, untz, untz, untz, untz, untz, everywhere you go is too much. And it’s turned up to level 10, so it’s not easy to escape.

A little too many rules. At TTR it feels like anything goes. But at breathless, they are trying to be a bit classier I guess. We tried to take a plate of snacks out with us from the buffet, and were met at the door by staff member telling us “no Bueno”. Also, when we were coming into the buffet from the gym and one of our friends was in a sleeveless shirt on so they made him go back to the room and change. Yet his wife was in a tank top and that was no problem.

At the club it was about 100 degrees, which is crazy since the rest of the resort is amazing yet they can’t get the AC right in the night club? I tried to take my shirt off because I was dripping with sweat, but I was immediately told to put it back on. We couldn’t take the heat after the first hour so we left. The good thing is, they did switch the playlist up a bit at the club, but that didn’t get going until after 11 p.m.

The resort is topless optional, but I’d say maybe 10% of the girls participate. Part of the reason may have to do with the fact that guys have selfie sticks with go-pros in the pools filming every minute of the party. Not exactly something you want posted on facebook live.

All and all, it was a great time and we’d recommend it to our higher end, classy friends looking for a Vegas style pool party 204/7

But for us, we prefer the no rules, sexier, more wild environment at TTR… Plus you can’t beat the people there! Our 2 cents.

• Like Like x 7
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  2. Mister Dr Jane

Mister Dr Jane Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +181 / 0
    We were there mid march and pretty much agree with your review.

The hotel was great. Room service breakfast on the oceanfront balcony was so amazing. Room service was better than most the restaurants we ate at. Really liked sleeping with the doors (with screens) open. The big glass shower in the middle of the room was a great show.

The pools were very nice, lots of chairs, towels were available everywhere. The big hot tub after 6 was a good option also. There were a few TTR refugees there with us that week and it wasn't hard to find each other.

I think the difference in the party really boils down to the camera policy. It was hard for the girls to get comfortable when almost every person had a camera phone, gopro, ipad or fucking drone circling the pools all day long. You aren't going to get the "No one knows you, no one gives a shit" attitude when this could be live on the internet from 40 different angles.

They try really hard to be sexy environment with the gogo dancers, pole dancers and party atmosphere, just to let it all fall flat due to the invasion of privacy. We had a creeper videoing the hot tub with his ipad one evening which we asked to stop and then reported to security. The head security guy told us that this "wasn't Temptation" and that it wasn't against their policy. It didn't matter that it was making everyone else uncomfortable.

Is there opportunities for topless sunbathing and tiny bikinis? Yes, but only if you ok with being in someone else's gallery.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Sunkiss

Sunkiss Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +40 / 0
    We just came back from there Sunday. Love the place. I agree they are very strict with some things. There is definitely no nudity in your similar private swim outs. They came and told us someone reported us. Lol. We were topless most of the time in the pool and no issues at all. It was a big disappointment that there was no foam party on Saturday. They dropped the machine in the hot tub the day before and I guess they only have one. Over all very nice place.

4. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,603 / 14
    The O/P matches nearly every other review of Breathless I've read. Pretty place with some pretty people, but ends up being a party buzz-kill.

5. JnJPartyStyle

JnJPartyStyle Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +405 / 0
    Yeah. Put it this way. It'd be perfect for people who like to party, but would think TTR was a bit too crude for their taste. I'll tell you this much, the first time we went to TTR is was a bit of a culture shock for sure, but we fell in line quickly. Others can't seem to wrap their head around the environment there, thus the bad reviews on trip advisor.

It's like, Breathless is the type of place you can bring your fun, but more conservative friends, have a good time, and not worry one bit if they are going to feel uncomfortable.. They might think it's risqué, but totally be ok with it. And if they liked what they saw, it'd be a nice baby step before TTR.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. SharonTerry

SharonTerry Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +373 / 0
    We had been thinking about trying Breathless but if there are phones and cameras around the pools/jacuzzis then that's a major deal breaker.

7. Sunkiss

Sunkiss Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +40 / 0
    Last weekend we had no issues with our two girls being topless most the time. Nobody attempted or took pictures of our girls. From our perspective everything seemed fine.

8. Bruce & Leeloo

Bruce & Leeloo Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +225 / 0
    Cameras, video & drones around the "party" pool. Not something I was comfortable being around topless.
    L

9. A&J2016

A&J2016 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just booked four days at Breahtless and four days at Desire. Hope for the best. Fun time with the wife.

10. Kristy

Kristy Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    IS it mostly couples that go here, any single people?
    we have been to TTR 2x but not since 2008 and looking to meet some people and have fun and heard this resort is nice too

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice