GP Review

Discussion in 'Golden Parnassus Forum' started by Hotty Toddy, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Hotty Toddy

Hotty Toddy Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0
    Ok so we are seating waiting on the shuttle to airport and we don't want to leave. I posted an earlier first day review and had my worries. This is a great place. Staff worked their ass off to make sure everyone was taking care of. No swim up bar and pool girls were slow at times but the bar is like 40 feet away. Ocean is amazing but pretty rough this week. The room was fine. They upgraded us the 6 th floor so we did have a fridge but it was not stocked. Topless girls on the beach at the end of the week. Didn't see any at pool but I really don't think they would have said anything. Food got a lot better and they do have bud light in cans for 2 bucks. Tiki bar at night can be fun depending on the crowd and Carlos the bartender. Sixty's bar was dead most night. We shut it down one night at 2 and it was just 4 people. We would come again in a heartbeat for a relaxing trip. Hope this review is useful. Oh and for a kickass time you got to do the Boobs Cruise.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  2. vacationfun2

vacationfun2 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +346 / 1
    It is a great resort, the best staff

3. webebucks

webebucks Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +231 / 0
    Haha, it is a great resort with the best staff if you've never been anywhere else. We have been all over and this resort hands down had the worst food we've experienced. The staff was very good, as most are at Cancun resorts. There is no night life unless you include the tiki bar, which I'd equate to a bonfire atmosphere back home. The pool activities are stretching and water aerobics...seriously. The pool during the day is basically vacant. There were, at max, ten people in the pool at most at any given time. Most of the time the pool was basically empty. It's a fun environment if you are in your 50's. Oh, I almost forgot about bingo time in the only "club" at 10pm...yeah, the club shuts down for freaking bingo. This place is a joke. We will never go back. I'll pay the extra money and go to Breathless or Desire...it would be well worth it. One of these two need to snatch up Carlos, because he could do so much better than this crap hole. It may have been fun years ago, but that time has come and gone.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
  4. MichelleM

MichelleM Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +111 / 0
    We're here now, staff is great, food is good......but here is the other side. Been here three days, have been topless at pool all three days, today a couple from Texas complains to management about the 12 or so topless women. So guess what, the one couple complaining has put a damper on 12 couples vacation. We figured up that between the 12 we had a little over 60 nights between us, that's 60 night that this resort will not get back from all of us. When we get back we'll post a more in depth trip report here and also on TripAdvisor. Hope this resort is happy they mad the one couple happy because it's turned 12 against this place. If you haven't booked here please don't

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. Tina&Jeremy

Tina&Jeremy Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +56 / 0
    We stayed here for a few days between Mar 30th-April 2nd. When we arrived at the resort you don't get to have your room right away and they give you a drink and have you sit in the lobby bar. Even though I had already paid in full upfront they wanted my confirmation number again in order to get me a room. I said hold on I will pull it up on my email through my phone and get you the number, However they don't have internet at the resort unless you pay $15 dollars a day for it. I asked, do you have a computer I can use real quick to log into my email and get you the number you need to get my room (I already paid you for in full) ? They said no, you need to give us $15 dollars and then we will give you a password for the internet. I said but your the ones asking for the information. They said well you can't use ours. I gave them $15 dollars in cash and they gave me a paper with a password on it and said you can use it for 24 hrs on only 2 devices. I said well ok, I only needed it to give you the confirmation number you already have because I'm on vacation and don't want technology while here. Finally we got our room, unpacked and started to enjoy vacation. We enjoyed the wait staff and the people we got to meet while we were there. We did get upgraded to a club room with fridge and Hot tub at no additional charge. We were happy with the room, but not happy that we had to keep fixing the flapper in the toilet tank because it would never shut and always ran. The view was amazing, the pool was nice and clean and the staff was great. The food however was not so great. I hated going to the buffet area every time and seeing the raw meats like beef, chicken & pork sitting under heat lamps. We also didn't like how everything tasted as if it is made with splenda. The only nightlife they have there is the Tiki bar or the sixties bar. The Tiki bar is fun when you get a good bit of people at it and a good bartender. The sixties bar needs a lot of work to make it into something good. They have 2 pool tables with torn felt, 6 pole cues with only 2 with tips, a ping pong table and a dance floor. They do some Kareoke at 11pm, but 2 nights we were there they stopped all music and passed out bingo cards to play bingo (yes I said Bingo) in the only dance bar they have. I heard they frown upon topless ladies, but only saw one on the beach our entire trip. we don't see anything wrong with it, since it is a adults only resort. Anyway if planning a trip to this location, I suggest bring more money then you figured to bring to go off location to enjoy things. If staying at the resort the entire time then as long as you make friends or bring some with you and make your own party like we did, then you will be just fine. We will pick a different resort next time for sure.

6. webebucks

webebucks Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +231 / 0
    Great review guys. Forgot about the toilets constantly running...lol!! Were you at the tiki bar when the manager came out and mean mugged Carlos for like an hour after he made him turn down the volume to the speaker to a whisper??? All of this after one complaint. The place was like a crappy retirement home with bad food. If it wasn't for the couples that we already knew and were able to hang out with, this place would have been an absolute bust. I do have to say that there were a handful of cool other people and couples that we met, but it's hard to create a party atmosphere with 6 or 8 people especially when the old timers are complaining about noise or exposed breasts.

7. P&Cfunandsun

P&Cfunandsun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +198 / 0
    When we were there, it seemed obvious that GP had their own regular crowd and it was a much more tame group. The management seemed to be interested in maintaining the regular vibe of the resort, rather than accommodate the TTR crowd.

8. MichelleM

MichelleM Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +111 / 0
    :marshe:
    If you missed Bingo at the pool during the day you could always catch it in the evening also!! We had a older gentlemen and I mean mid 70's tell us that he was a time share holder there, he was terribly bored. Also found it very interesting I could drink Vodka and water 10 hours a day and never get a buzz.

9. iowa farmers

iowa farmers Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +995 / 10
    topless all afternoon, evening and no complaints. had lots of older gentleman and ladies suppport us going topless. Hot tub in the evening was great .

10. Cheers2US

Cheers2US Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +617 / 2
    We were there Mar 26 to 29 and they did the same thing with us: asked us for our confirmation number. Luckily, I had already printed this out and had it handy. But I'm surprised they gave you a hard time about it. As a resort, they should already have had that info and not expect you to supply it. Also charging YOU money to use THEIR internet so they can have the code THEY requested is insane. I hope you complain formally and hopefully they can reimburse you at least that. (It's the principle!)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice