Trip Report From First Timer

Discussion in 'Golden Parnassus Forum' started by westtexas, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Garry n Jo

Garry n Jo Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +680 / 9
    I can't imagine anyone complaining about seeing you in anything. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2017
  2. westtexas

westtexas Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,073 / 1
    Also, no comparison, the beach at GP is amazing. I posted a couple of pics from the beach, sand was amazing. Will go back btw.

3. Wisconsin Cpl

Wisconsin Cpl Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0
    We also just returned after spending a week(3/10-3/17) and I can pretty much agree with your review but we used this as a laid back trip so the lack of "activities" wasn't a big deal. The water was fine in the pool and tequila water volleyball was the big draw. We had a blast with that. The wait staff in the pool area was slow but the girls did their best. There just wasn't enough staff at the pool or beach area to sufficiently serve the people. We had a waitress called Mariana and she was awesome but overworked because how many people she had to cover. Now to the last complaint. The topless stuff just never happened! It was nonexistent at the pool area. I think no woman wanted to be the first one to do it! As for the beach, we saw 1 person once during the whole week. We did see a mankini though, that was a bit funny! All in all we had a good time but I think you need the right people or group to make the fun you want. We did meet a lot of nice people that will be lifelong friends.

4. westtexas

Ratings:
    +1,073 / 1
    I think just having music playing at the pool would have helped the vibe a lot. We had our speaker everyday listening to music. Oh, and the included wifi was a bonus and for two devices. The topless thing is not really important to us. I rarely go topless anywhere but the beach. My top comes off there whether the only one or not. Since nonpool bar, that tiki bar stays packed. Seriously understaffed. But as you, we went looking for a chill trip and it delivered.

5. soldier4402

soldier4402 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +72 / 0
    Sounds like the beach is the place to be. Is there an issue getting seats, be out there by a certain time etc?

6. westtexas

Ratings:
    +1,073 / 1
    Nope, plenty of chairs. We r not early risers btw. We usually did not go to beach until after lunch and never had any issues with chairs. Also plenty at pool.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice