Full Of Questions

Discussion in 'Desire Resort' started by cuteandtattooed, Mar 4, 2017.

1. cuteandtattooed

cuteandtattooed Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    We are hoping to book for 09/2017, and I have so many questions.
    -Do any of the rooms have bathtubs, or just showers (not a jacuzzi room...out of my budget!)?
    -Anyone with celiac disease have info on gluten free food options/availability?
    -Are there decent chances of asking for and being given an upgraded room at check in?
    -What's your favorite type of room?
    -I read that clothing is required in restaurants. For the more casual restaurants, how sexy casual can you get? We honestly want to pack as few clothes as possible, but I'd like to participate in the nightly themes, so I don't want to have to take a lot of clothes just to wear to eat.
    -How are the massage services?
    -We have never been to Mexico...do we need to avoid the drinking water?

2. Cokewithlime

Cokewithlime Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +246 / 3
    The 10 Superior GardenView rooms have bathtubs, some of the other Deluxe GV rooms do as well
    Gluten free food options are available(extra cost) ask for Guest Services when you check in to discuss your requirements
    Highly doubtful - you get the room category you have paid for, if you want to pay for an upgraded category it's possible if they have something available
    If you are doing Desire the right way, most only spend time in the room to actually sleep, shower/bath and change clothes ;)
    In 35+ trips, I've never seen a lady turned away from any of the restaurants for wearing something too revealing - lol
    From other guests ?? - oh I guess you mean the ones you pay for at the resort - lol - you won't be disappointed....
    If you stay on the resort they have their own filtration system for the tap water and bottled water is used at all the bars and restaurants - if you go off campus then confine your consumption to bottle water

• Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
  3. Sheridan&Ginger

Sheridan&Ginger Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0
    ^^^^^^ Totally nailed it, with one exception.I actually know somebody who was turned away from Suki (Asian restaurant). Although, in fairness she didn't have a reservation and was drunk. Oh and she was also 100% naked! Damn, I love my wife when she's trashed!

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • List
  4. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    The one thing I would add on the upgrades is it all depends on supply and demand. If the supply exists they will negotiate. Nothing is just given though. But they will sometimes accept a counter offer after 'checking with their manager' after you ask for the cost of an upgrade.

5. cuteandtattooed

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    We went ahead and booked for 9/11-9-16. Now I just need to score a deal on airfare lol. I can't wait. The hubby is always trying to get me to wear these skimpy little outfits for him, or no bra, and I'm not comfortable doing it just everyday. We did a couple of nights at a clothing option hotel in FL recently and I loved sunbathing and swimming nude. I vow on this trip to take no underwear or bras unless a theme night costume calls for it, and I may not even pack a swimsuit. We are 35, and we've been together almost 17 years, married for almost 13. This trip is shaping up to be exactly what we need to keep that energy and chemistry HOT. I've truly loved reading these forum posts. They've helped so much. Y'all rock!

6. BnK

BnK Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,159 / 0
    Yup get yourselves ready for a positive life changing and liberating holiday like no other. You'll make great friends with total strangers and laugh your ass off with the antics & shenanigans that people get up to. Have a glass of courage and wear that outfit you wouldn't wear anyplace else, cause no one knows ya & no one gives a shit. But still they'll support & encourage like best friends would

Have a blast & shake that ass. !!

7. mrbreeze317

mrbreeze317 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +144 / 0
    Hey Cute, I'd be interested in hearing about the C/O hotel in FL if you have the time

8. cuteandtattooed

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    It's the Rooftop Resort in Hollywood. We had a lot of fun, but some of the single male day passers were lurkers. That's what made us want to look for a couples only resort next. And DRM is in a whole new league compared to Rooftop. But Rooftop was still fun and I'd go back if I wanted a cheaper, shorter trip.

9. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14

My $0.02.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice