Breathless Cancun / Riviera anyone?

Discussion in 'Temptation Exiles' started by Lakedweller, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Cokewithlime

Cokewithlime Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +246 / 3
    There is always going to be a big differences between the two.
    • TTR is in the Cancun HZ and it's always going to be more attractive to those that wish to partake in off campus activities, ie: the Boobs Cruise, shopping, clubs, motorized water sports, etc - all available via either walking or a $1 or $2 bus ride.
    • Breathless RC is located in the middle of nowhere and it will cost you a $100 round trip taxi ride to do anything off campus in either the Cancun HZ or Playa del Carmen.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  2. JnJPartyStyle

JnJPartyStyle Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +405 / 0

I can completely get that and if it's a close call, I'd give the tie breaker to TTR. That said, as someone who has been to TTR 5x, I stopped going off campus 2 or 3 trips ago. Done the excursions, the flea market, bought the t-shirts, hit up cocobongos etc.. For me, the only reason I keep going back is the resort. If breatheless does it right, not being in the hotel zone won't matter that much to me.

3. Cokewithlime

Ratings:
    +246 / 3
    None of the AMResorts(Breathless, etc) has ever developed the cult vibe that TTR has(probably because their management doesn't promote their properties that way). It takes a critical mass to get the party started so the only way that I see that happening on any given week at Breathless is to bring the party with you by doing group bookings.

4. JnJPartyStyle

JnJPartyStyle Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +405 / 0
    You're 100% right... TTR has the critical mass.

One of the reasons it has the critical mass is because of its adult spring break theme that catered to both LS couples as well as party animals, the other reason is because it was about half of the price of places like hedo II and Desire.

The old TTR was a little run down no doubt, but because of the price you'd get people in their 20s up to their 70s, and every profession from police officers, teachers, and firefighters to doctors, lawyers, and engineers. That was the vibe.

If the price goes up as much as it looks like it can, a lot of those people will be priced out. The crowd will get older and wealthier, which will undoubtedly dampen the party overall.

We love the old TTR, and I genuinely hope I am wrong and the vibe doesn't change at all. But if it does, there will be other options to explore. If I was the owner of GP, OS, or breathless, I'd be aggressively marketing to the TTR crowd. There maybe some serious room to build a new brand right now

5. Cokewithlime

Ratings:
    +246 / 3
    The TTR/Desire concept could easily be duplicated, but the large resort chain owners have never shown any interest in doing so. Sure they dabble on the edge (ie: the now defunct Oasis Viva, Oasis Sens, Breathless RC) but there's no real commitment to cater to the TTR/Desire demographic even though it's virtually a free pass while TTR is closed.

6. NWCountrycouple

NWCountrycouple Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +247 / 0
    Could not agree more... I am so worried that the vibe will be so Different we are members too so cost is not as huge an issue. it is still kind of an issue cause it is not what we were told but I have gotten over that for now... Just Praying that the new upscale stuff doesn't ruin the Vibe! see you in less then a month!!

7. Super Sexy

Super Sexy Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    We are looking into Breathless cancun as well for April 27. We travel to TTR twice a year for the past 5 years. We were a little lost this pass October on where to travel too, we ended up at Breathless Punta Cana, nice resort but wasn't anything like TTR. Glad to hear all your experience with BL Cancun. Thanks

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice