The Wall....

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by LadynTramp, Jan 26, 2017.

1. LadynTramp

LadynTramp I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +420 / 6
    Please tell me that "The Wall" isn't going to get in the way of going to Mexico! Or even cause higher costs to go.

It won't effect us will it?

2. Tyler and Angie

Tyler and Angie Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,018 / 2
    Things do seem to be getting very stressful between Mexico and the U.S.
    But in defense of the current administration, SOMETHING has to be done with all of the illegal immigration. It's killing the economy and creating a huge burden on the U.S.
    I figure our president is playing a game of chicken with Mexico and we will win.
    Hopefully it doesn't create issues for tourists going down and enjoying the resorts though. I know when we go down in March we will stick very close to the condo we have rented.

3. Donald

Donald Devil's advocate Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 2

would any Mexican stay in the US if they didn't have a job ?

4. Jeff & Kim

Jeff & Kim Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +81 / 0
    As far as Cancun goes, the cash cow is tourism. I would doubt ANYTHING the US would do could have them make any changes that would affect that influx of cash ! Taxes maybe, but they are already so high, I would think they would not take any chances on raising that over the normal year to year increases.

5. Tyler and Angie

Ratings:
    +1,018 / 2
    Not sure. We offer a lot of benefits for immigrants but we also have a lot of racism and bigotry towards them as well. I know when we go to Mexico, we make it a point to try to learn enough of the language to try to be able to communicate. I wouldn't want to be in there shoes at the moment. I don't think there will be a mass round up of immigrants. I think Trump is trying to make a point, unfortunately it's at the expense of the hard working Mexican people.
    I truly believe that by the end of the year, Mexico and the U.S. will be in a really good position with each other. It would benefit the U.S. to have a prosperous Mexico to stave off some of the illegal immigration. IMHO
    VIVA Mexico!!!:italyflag:+:usa1:=:liebe011::headbanger::69::partytime::3some::cheerleaders:

6. Donald

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 2
    I like your optimism ,, but I guess you missed the news today .

http://www.cancuncare.com/forum/fre...s-planned-d-c-trip-meet-trump.html#post828877

7. Tyler and Angie

Ratings:
    +1,018 / 2
    No, I saw it.
    It's part of the game of chicken. Mexican president backs out of meeting to show he's strong. Trump basically comes out and say's who cares? We didn't need to meet with him right now anyways.
    Meanwhile, more and more U.S. business's pull out of building plants in Mexico causing them to lose billions of dollars in revenues as well as good paying jobs for Mexicans. Then Trump announces a 20% tariff on ALL goods coming across the border from Mexico which will slow down there economy even more. Then I would even look to see a new Tax added onto airfare coming from the U.S. to Mexico to slow down tourism causing even more financial discomfort. The PESO took a plunge again today and they are already facing a 20% increase in fuel charges causing riots in Mexico City .
    Eventually you'll see the Mexican President "REQUEST" a meeting with Trump to discuss the border wall and they will work out a Wonderful deal that will allow the Mexican President to save face but lets the world know that we mean business when it comes to Border security and American wages.
    At least that's how I see it! Who knows, maybe I'm wrong and Trump is going to just bumble his way through 4 years or possibly 8.:bootyshake:

8. Tyler and Angie

Ratings:
    +1,018 / 2
    Donald, I hope to meet you someday and have a STIFF drink. I'll even buy!

9. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Mexico certainly wont pay for the wall directly, far too proud for that.

Perhaps Trump will put a 20% tax on imports and claw it back indirectly, but who will end up paying that? The US consumer. More expensive gas, cars, computers and groceries, or do without.

Mexico could impose retaliatory penalties too, how about an extra $20 airport tax for every person who files in via the US? Tit for tat will surely happen. Mexico will make sure the wall is cost neutral to them and if it does get built someone will have to pay for it, but it certainly wont be Mexico.

10. Donald

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 2
    Looking forward to it ,, would mean we are someplace warm and sunny :) .

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice