Breathless Cancun / Riviera anyone?

Discussion in 'Temptation Exiles' started by Lakedweller, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Lakedweller

Lakedweller Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0
    I have seen a few reviews of Breathless Cancun, looks fun but not many people seem to go there from this forum, is there a reason for that? It is right next to Desire RM (which I have been to) but we don't prefer Desire as its just so small and can be a snoozer during the day.

2. kimbi77

kimbi77 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +309 / 0

Hubby and I have been looking at it too and like the reviews. We would like to squeeze in a few nights at desires for the first time as well as part of our April trip. Really would like to get some feedback from a fellow TTR guest who has been to breathless though. K

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Active1979

Active1979 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hoping there may be a group heading there in April sometime !!! There are 4 of us looking into going there in April.....

4. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    Demographics and what they are looking for doesn't match what Breathless has to offer for the majority of forum users.

5. Lenni & Jodie

Lenni & Jodie The Unicorn Hunters Registered Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 2
    We just got back from there, stayed Jan 3 to 10 and loved everything about the hotel, were going back again in Feb already. The resort is a definite 5 stars, food is out of this world and amazingly delicious. You can get a 35oz steak cooked to order at no extra charge.

It's a brand new hotel in Cancún and it's owned by AMResorts which is a American Company with 44 resorts in the Caribbean and they will have 60 by 2018. Breathless is their middle package hotel which is for partying, Punta Cana is their oldest resort so far under the Breathless name and is also great for parties.

We loved it so much we bought into the "Unlimited Vacation Club"

We found our new home away from home. This resort is spotless, very clean, LS Friendly openminded and huge. All alcohol is topshelf at no extra up charge. If you want a referral to check prices send me a PM with the dates you'd like to check out.

6. kimbi77

Ratings:
    +309 / 0

Awesome thanks for the info we really appreciate it and I will definitely send u a pm. Kim

7. Rick&Kelly

Rick&Kelly Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 1
    We are heading there Feb 28 -March 7. We will let ya know how it goes :)

8. kimbi77

Ratings:
    +309 / 0

That would b great thank you! K

9. TXtravelers

TXtravelers Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    Hubby and I have booked Breathless for 3 nights in May just to try it out. We really love TTR and wanted a comparison on this resort. The main things we're wondering is 1.) Is topless allowed like TTR? 2.) Is it a lively/party place at night? and 3.)Is the ocean "swimmable" in front of the property? We have seen conflicting reviews on all of these so would be nice to get accurate info:)!
    Thanks for your help!!

10. JnJPartyStyle

JnJPartyStyle Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +405 / 0
    We are 5x April TTR regulars, but just booked Desire RM 4/7-4/11 and then Breathless 4/12-4/15 during the TTR hiatus.

From everything we have seen, read, and heard Breathless is trying to be a more upscale version of the old TTR... And in reality, the new TTR being built looks like it's trying to be just like Breathless.

They both sell the adult themed party, they both have topless optional, they both have pool side games, foam parties, booze, bars, restaurants, entertainment staff, theme nights, late night music etc...

The only difference will ultimately end up being the people that go.. It's ALL about the people

You need a critical mass of the right clientele to pull of the TTR atmosphere. Without it you're just another place to swim, drink, and get sun in Mexico.

Here's the thing though... I believe the old TTR built their clientele in part BECAUSE it wasn't upscale.

People from all ages and walks of life could afford at least a few days there, and as long as they liked to party and could over look a few drawbacks they were going to love it!

Places like Desire have the rep of catering more to an older, upscale crowd which obviously dampens the party atmosphere.

Now that TTR is spending 8 figures on renovations trying to scale up their vibe, prices are sure to go up substantially. This will ultimately change the crowd demo, and will likely have regulars start looking elsewhere.

If Breathless is smart, they'll take TTR head on since on paper they are essentially looking to offer the same product more or less. We are actually hoping for a pricing battle between the two..

That said, we'll def go back to TTR in April 2018 to see what it's all about. But if that working class, adult frat party vibe has changed as much as we're afraid it might, we are 100% open to calling a different resort home.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice