Trip Report: Desire RM 3 nights, 1st timers!

Discussion in 'Desire Resort' started by Cheers2US, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Cheers2US

Cheers2US Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +617 / 2
    Just came back from a great visit to Desire RM (3 days) and Temptation (5 days) It was our 1st visit to Desire and 5th visit to Temptation. (Our review of Temptation)

Desire was super-sexy, very stimulating. Lots of open nudity but it honestly felt OK, not weird at all. Also lots of open sex, actual sex - but no pressure to engage/participate… Overall excellent service, friendly guests/ fun atmosphere, very good food.

Desire has a very sexy vibe. I thought I’d NEVER ever feel comfortable taking off my top AND bottoms, but guess what, it felt “normal” on day one. Same with my husband. Off went the trunks the 1st day! Once you see everyone else unclothed, the “weirdness” goes away.

There is only 1 pool at Desire RM and at first I was disappointed, however, I remembered I only ever use the Sexy Pool at Temptation anyway, so it’s like the same thing. There is a pool bar; good service. Lots of pool chairs. There are workers who will actively help you find a bed or a chair (they keep track with a clipboard) Danny + Rene at the beach (plus another older guy by the towel stand - I forget his name) were all very helpful and worked hard to help guests find beds and chairs.

The beach is lovely. There is some seaweed, but there are 3 workers daily scooping it up. They bag it up and then a jeep comes by and picks up the bags (This is different from Temptation where there is usually only 1 guy cleaning up the seaweed and he only has a wheelbarrow that he carts back + forth) Again, there are workers who will help you get beds, although there were many available so the help wasn’t even necessary.

[​IMG]

There are 3 restaurants at Desire RM: 1) Sahlo, which is very fancy and elegant. Reservations are needed and men need to wear long pants + dress shirts. 2) Suki: japanese dining. Reservations not needed if just dining, but they’re needed if you want hibachi. The hibachi is excellent: beef, chicken + shrimp (they don’t ask you what you want so specify if you'd rather not have any of those) plus vegetables + fried rice. The presentation is great: very entertaining. 3) El Arricefe, the buffet. The food is good, but there isn’t much of a selection. There are actually 2 buffets, but I don’t know if they’re just two parts of the same one? One buffet is more outdoor and airy; the other is indoor. I thought the buffet at Temptation was better, but the food at Desire was still good; no complaints.

The entertainment at the pool during the day was fun. The main “playmakers” were DD and Jesus (aka “Sexy Malaga”) They kept the guests engaged.

The entertainment at night usually started at the lobby bar area. It’s kind of like PatyO’s at Temptation, but not as crowded. Francia and Roberto were 2 of the staff members getting the party started every night. One night had a live band, another night was glow night, another night had some beer pong-like contest. It was fun each night and there was music and dancing. At around 11pm, everyone heads to the upstairs disco. There’s a bar there and air conditioning and a spacious clean bathroom. There’s also the playroom (aka “Sin Room”) in the corner where, yes, people go to have sex. Feel free to walk in and take a peek. Apparently it’s welcomed there and the folks inside don’t seem to mind.

(We were there the night of the Perseids meteor shower and got a nice view of the starshow from the beach)

As the night goes on, many guests either stay at the disco or head to the jacuzzi area. The jacuzzi is on a rooftop. In addition to the jacuzzi, pool, there is a bar and lounge area, a shower, clean towels, a bathroom area and several beds. You will probably see sex on those beds and in the jacuzzi itself. The atmosphere is actually friendly and open. My husband was "in the mood" but I'm not the kind of person for sex in front of others so we just hung out and enjoyed the "scenery"

The foam party (Fridays 2pm) at Desire is amazing. Even bigger and better than the one at Temptation. There is so much foam and at times, there are no “safe corners” of the pool: every inch is covered in 6+ feet of foam! Of course, it blows away, you splash it away but boy was that fun. We even saw some BJs during the foam party which turned into brief sex.

A nice thing about Desire is you hardly see security around. It’s not like at Temptation where there are several guards constantly roaming the grounds. I mean, it’s nice to feel safe at Temptation, but it’s a little “Big Brother” at times. At Desire, you’d see a security guard every once in a while. I think they keep an eye on things, but from a distance. That said, we did notice a moment where there was a violation and security swooped in within a minute or so. Two women had just arrived to the pool area. It looked like they had just arrived to the resort. They made their way to the pool, then one of them went back because she forgot her phone. She returned to the pool with her phone and held it up like she was filming or taking photos. Within a minute, maybe a minute and a half, security was at poolside. She hadn’t even fully descended into the pool! Two guards questioned the 2 women and it looked like they took the phone. The 2 women left the pool area. I don’t know if they got the phone back or if they were asked to leave but I didn’t see them again after that. (This happened on the day we were checking out anyway)

The guests are very warm + friendly. We met a couple from Dallas who had been on their 15th or 16th trip to DRM. Met a couple from DC/Virginia, Bobby and Margaret. Wonderful folks, parents of 5 kids, so friendly.

We also met a couple from Boston who had just been to Temptation the days before. The wife said conditions at Temptation were unfavorable and they had cut their visit short and switched to Desire. Her complaints about Temptation were: poorer service, cluttered hallways, roaches on the property. She said she had been to Temptation many times in the past but she felt the experience was so bad she had to leave.

Needless to say, this was discouraging for us. We were at Desire with the plan to check out and go to Temptation right after. We discussed staying at Desire for 5 more nights. At first, the front desk said it wasn’t possible as they were booked solid. However, they said to try again in the morning (when we were scheduled to check out) The next day, they told us there was availabilty, however, the nightly rate would be $568. We had originally booked our 3 nights at $350 each so this was pretty appalling. They said I had gotten that rate because I had booked through Expedia, but I don’t know why they wouldn’t be able to match a discounted rate at their own resort. The $568/night price was too hefty for us, so we stuck with our original plans, checked out and transferred to Temptation.

So glad we did! Service at Temptation was great as ever! Party was on point. Food was great, beach was lovely, entertainment was rockin’, staff was amazing, guests were kind and friendly. It was everything we already knew and loved about Temptation.

To summarize: we LOVED our first ever trip to Desire. If we can afford it, we'd love to do it again.

(We took very few photos for obvious reasons, but here are some:)

THE LOVELY FRANCIA (with body paint)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

POSING WITH ROBERTO

[​IMG]

BEAUTIFUL ROOM (don't know why this posts sideways - sorry)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
  2. asstrakta76

asstrakta76 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +105 / 0
    The price they quoted to stay at Desire beyond your initial booking sounds right. You originally booked through Expedia and then tried to book through the resort and that's the prices you should expect booking through the resort at a moments notice.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

3. Gotmilf

Gotmilf Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,097 / 2
    Great TR! We experienced much the same.

4. Paulo & Ann

Paulo & Ann Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Thanks for the great trip report. WE'd love to go there this winter!

5. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    Great report. Good descriptions and very accurate. Makes me sad we are not there now :(

6. $parkie7

$parkie7 June Junkie Sponsor Registered Member

Ratings:
    +908 / 0
    Thanks for the report! We are headed there Oct 28 and cant wait.

7. Ptbo61

Ptbo61 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks

Great review we are head to Desire RM for the first time Jan. 21-25th, 2017. Funny we went to Temptations in August and before we went we were told how run down it had become. We had an awesome 5 days with great service.

8. scootmick

scootmick Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0
    Great report! Just booked 2/13-2/16. Can't wait! Any others going to be there those days?

9. jd3131

jd3131 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Looking for help booking Dec 1-Dec 4 at Desire RM or Pearl--website is showing some available for Thu and for Sun but not Fri/Sat?? Does anyone have any suggestions to get a reservation for either RM or Pearl?

Please let me know---missing TTR and thought we would try one of the Desire properties for a long weekend to bookend a friends wedding down there---don't want to miss out!

10. Cokewithlime

Cokewithlime Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +246 / 3
    FYI - its a little late to be booking for any weekend time in Dec at either property - weekends are prime time.

also FYI - SDC has a large group already booked in at DRM Dec 1 to 8

My best suggestion, if you are booking direct, is you could try a wait list at Pearl and hope for a cancellation....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice