Wanting to try Desire... Concerns though

Discussion in 'Desire Resort' started by BrentandJanin, Aug 3, 2016.

1. BrentandJanin

BrentandJanin Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +65 / 0
    Recently hit up TTR. Our friends suggested it and we went with them and had an absolute blast. We are now texting back and forth about trying Desire. However we have our concerns. We as individual couples are not lifestylers, though open, but prob not gonna get involved our first trip there.

We are curious about how that's taken.

Also, are there fun nights like at TTR?

I see there are theme nights but is it an actual fun time? Is it an outdoor bar like patty O's?

We are just trying to justify to our women, who are fun as hell, that it's worth it. But we want them, as well as ourselves, to be comfy and have the fun type of trip we all enjoy!

Sell me!!!

2. asstrakta76

asstrakta76 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +105 / 0
    Zero pressure to do anything you don't want to do. Lifestyle or not. Same for being naked or not. That's optional. No one will give you a hard time. As for the theme nights, they do have them but they usually happen in the club which is inside and not open air like Paty O's. The vibe in general is more laid back compared to the party atmosphere at TTR.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

3. Darin & Melissa

Darin & Melissa Mayor and 1st Lady of Octoberbreast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +157 / 0
    Don't worry about the whole LS thing, not everyone who goes is into it. We love going and are in the LS, but have met many, many wonderful people both at TTR & the Desires who ae not into it and have had a ton of fun hanging out with them while on vacation.

In terms of themes the participation is random at times at the Desires. However, having the club be indoors is so much nicer than outdoors. We usually lose 5 lbs at TTR just due to the amount of sweat that flows from us at Paty'O.

Usually the club kicks off around 10 or so and will go sometimes until about 1 or 2 when most people wander off to the hot tubs for the after party. I think the hot tub bar sets to close around 3, but if there are still people out there they tend to stay until everyone is gone, at least in our experience.

The freedom you have at Desire to not have to worry about security breathing down your neck and also there are no single guys (which is awesome, unless you are looking for a third although those are usually easy to come by lol). My husband and I love being naked and adore that we can do that at Desire w/o security getting up in an uproar.

So there you have it, my little book about Desire.

Melissa

4. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    It's fun. You should go. No more LS intrusiveness than at TTR, though there is more public displays, but You get to do more public displaying your very own self.

5. Gotmilf

Gotmilf Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,097 / 2
    IMHO, the overall crowd (on average) was hotter/sexier at Desire than TTR.

6. BrentandJanin

BrentandJanin Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +65 / 0

Awesome. Thanks! Appreciate it. We definitely aren't shy and are open but want to feel as comfortable as we were at TTR. Granted we also loved the party atmosphere at TTR. We love dancing and dressing up/getting into themes. It was a huge part of the fun

7. Rodrigorsrv

Rodrigorsrv Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Alguem do brasil ?

Enviado de meu SM-J500M usando Tapatalk

8. scootmick

scootmick Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0
    Piling on to the Desire question.... my understanding is that there are two resorts. What is the difference? ... If any?? Thanks!

9. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    Desire Riviera Maya & Desire Pearl are the two Desire resorts.

DRM is... I think 114 total rooms, but they are going to build five 3-person villas for folks who have the interesting 3rd party to bring along (ain't us). I think there are 5, maybe 6 levels of room quality, from standard garden view (i.e. basic mexico hotel room) up to the Passion Suites (bad-assery of hotel quality with plunge pool, multi-room suite, your own Jacuzzi pool and ocean front) awesomeness, each step-up with corresponding price-point per night increase.

DRM has the "advertised as 40-person Jacuzzi spa/hot tub, but it can actually handle more than that with folks standing up, moving around, standing at the bar, etc. The disco is enclosed, with GREAT A/C (!!!), theme nights change regularly and the participation on certain nights is well-nigh 100%, an on others is nearly absent. I think it's based on how "weird" and how hard to get ready for, the weirder and difficult, the less participation. In other words, Disco Night or Naughty Schoolgirl Night, or Sex Doctors & Dirty Nurses Nights are each slamming, almost everyone dressed up, but if you hit a (just like with TTR) something too exotic, such as King Tut Night (which could be interesting but in Mexico it ends not being so) ends up lame-O.

Desire Pearl is smaller than DRM, with just 88 rooms. I've never been, but I got the big pitch this last time, as when you member-up at DRM you are also a member over at Pearl. Pearl apparently has a penthouse, complete with private 12-person hottub (ala DRM but smaller), private DJ if you want to host a party, humongous space and big old ocean front balcony, and the room quality only goes down 2 steps from there. Heated pool at one end, too.... problem is that I've heard that it ends up shutting down and folks end up in bed around 10:30 p.m., but that's only what I've heard.

DRM , average time we went to bed last time was ~3:30 a.m.

10. scootmick

scootmick Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0
    Wow! GREAT info! Thank you for the post! Seems DRM a better fit for us. It's all about the peeps after all!! Cheers!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice