Got an opportunity to own a bar in Cancun - no experience 24yo

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Thwar077, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Tami Esquivel

Tami Esquivel Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think when an opportunity like this presents itself and you find yourself personally drawn to it, you should give it your best shot. I have worked as a business consultant for years and have helped several new business owners start up and put all operations in motion. If I could do that in Cancun, I would be on a plane tomorrow. My husband and I lived there for a short time, and since our return to the US we have been planning and prepping to return as soon as possible and do this exact thing.

Working 80 hours a week when you are investing in yourself is so much more rewarding than doing it for someone else. Working 80 hours a week in Paradise serving people from all over the world hardly even sounds like work to me. Sign me up!

I have no doubt that if you can get a business savvy individual to help you/manage you will do great things both professionally and personally. Additionally, you will need somebody who will also have a vested interest in the bar and your success.

The hardest lesson I ever learned in being a business owner and helping so many other entrepreneurs is delegation. It is hard to let go of certain reigns at times. Delegation is key to the growth of any business. If you allow your staff to make their area of expertise their "baby" they will strive for greatness. Do not try to do everything yourself, or you will not be able to grow.

I would love an opportunity like this. I am getting excited for you just by commenting.

I look forward to your success!!
    Tami
    Andersen.tami@gmail.com

Last edited: May 3, 2016
  2. Oscar Adrian

Oscar Adrian Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Did you get the business?

3. Oscar Adrian

Oscar Adrian Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey Tami!
    My name is Oscar, i'am originally from Mexico but i spent almost 17 years living in the States, i got back 1.5 years ago and after holding a job for a year at a call center, i'm moving to Cancun to see if i could get a better life, anyhow, i got not real connections in Cancun, so i was wondering if you could give me some pointers in order to find a job at the industry...i don't wanna work for a corporation anymore and i prefer to work for a foreigner rather than a Mexican, here is my letter of intent General Hiring Intention Letter almost in the end is a link to all my documents and also to my Resume
    Feel free to give my information away!
    Thanks for your time!
    Oscar Adrian
    oscar.adrian.photography@gmail.com

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice