Anyone been to the 'Sexy, Young & Wild Music Fest'?

Discussion in 'Desire Resort' started by Jen&Kyle, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    So we love Desire Pearl. Rooms and grounds beat Desire RM in our opinion. The biggest negative for us was that the resort was a little slower paced than Desire RM. We like the late night party and frequently found ourselves one of the last ones up at Pearl :) We know each week is different but have thought what if we could get a good group to go at the same time to enhance that party (kind of like October at rm) OR is there a week at Pearl where there is maybe more of a party crowd already.

We are hoping this '2nd Annual Sexy, Young & Wild Music Fest' in August from the 9th to the 14th is the answer. The group running it we heard is fun, desirous group. They are bringing in a bunch of dj's which also appeals to us as we love EDM music and just as important, variety in music is always something we wish there was more of at both Desire resorts and TTR.

So it sounds perfect but we have never been and don't know anyone that has. Hoping it is as good as it sounds. Anyone go to last years music fest? Or interested in joining the party?

Here is the desirous link...
    https://desirousparty.com/Aug-9-201...-Puerto-Morelos__635850910256406327_event.htm

2. CentralFLCouple

CentralFLCouple Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +452 / 0
    Wow, that's definitely music we like. They have some good DJs. Thanks for sharing that link, something we will have to keep in mind as a possibility for next year.

3. Jen&Kyle

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    Right. At the very least it solves the lack of variety in music issue and hopefully it creates a better party atmosphere too, in theory. Would love to find a review from someone that went last year.

4. hot_2_trot

hot_2_trot Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Kyle, thanks for posting. Given my heat exhaustion in Mexico during Octoberbreast, not sure if I could handle that time of year there, but the group in general seems as though it does multiple trips. I bet you and Jen would love this trip, and we might also. And the prices at Desire posted on the website are much less than what we paid last year (but you know this story all too well--we overpaid).

5. Mister Dr Jane

Mister Dr Jane Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +181 / 0
    I didn't want to be a downer for you Kyle, but to confirm what Hot2Trot suggested, August was super HOT on our recent trip to TTR.

I think if people would have peed in the pool it might have cooled the water off a bit. It was not refreshing at all. The deck was so hot you had to wear shoes. The ocean on most days was bath water hot as well.

It may be different experience at Pearl as I recall one of the reviews saying that the disco was air conditioned?

I know that August is very far down on my list as good times to go to Mexico now.

6. Jen&Kyle

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    Hmmm. Yeah we like it hot. But you do have me thinking about this. As for no Ac I assume you mean you were at TTR? As both Desires have AC in their discos/clubs. This past October and both Mays we went was hot but bearable. Really fortunate on the weather. Two Octobers ago, as Jess points out, was really really hot. But like you say I am sure it will be nothing like August. We just love the thought of a music festival in an environment like Pearl. As you can probably tell from the trip reports, I have this part of me that is always trying to top the last party and create something memorable. So many possibilities for that Pearl Penthouse :) I really do want to rent a foam machine for the balcony lol Bring one of the dj's up, the lifestyle takeover crowd, buffet, full bar and we even had a strobe light last time ha. We will see.

Our biggest negative for our Pearl trips was the party. I mean everyone just has to party hard at a music fest right? And the price is right and timing is great for us. We are likely doing it unless someone comes along that was at it last year and says the party / atmosphere wasn't any different than other times at Pearl.

7. Jen&Kyle

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    I can actually find even lower prices via cheaptickets but then we wouldn't be a part of the takeover events so likely would just pay the little more. I did read they will honor Desire discounts too. So if Desire offers the go 3 get the 4th free then the prices will get even better. Hopefully they will eventually.

8. hot_2_trot

hot_2_trot Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Ah, I always forget how much cheaper things are in Mexico in general during off season.

9. hot_2_trot

hot_2_trot Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

This scares me and confirms that I will not be able to go in August.

10. Jen&Kyle

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    We have talked to some people who went last year and loved it for all the reasons we thought we would love it... younger party crowd and great music.

So we are planning a trip to Desire Pearl from August 9th - 14th. All are welcome to join the party!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice