Desire RM or Hedo?

Discussion in 'Desire Resort' started by RayParis6, Jan 21, 2016.

1. RayParis6

RayParis6 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Has anyone been to both and can tell us which to choose? Is there a link to read about this already? Thanks in advance!

2. FrenchieFifi

FrenchieFifi Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I have been to both...

Please, this is my personal opinion, I am not right nor wrong. Each individual should be able to post their view so Ray & Paris can make an informed decision.

I loved Desire and can't wait to go back while I wanted to go back home within 2 hours of arriving at Hedo.

1-you waste 1/2 day to transfer to Negril by road... everything is slow in Jamaica
    2-the rooms are very basic, no terrace nor balcony, no minibar (or you have to pay extra), no TV, no music. They are refurbishing some rooms but have doubled the rates.
    3-food, no good
    4- Evening very boring unless you book with a group who has their own entertainment programme. Piano bar is ok for a night or 2 but every night same old songs... as if TTR would have karaoke night everything. No one would want that.
    5-stage is in the middle of the dining room so people go very early for dinner and stay until the show is on. If you go at 8pm or later for dinner, there is no table available (the hotel was full when I went).

I will stop here, as my list would go on. In general, TTR visitors don't really like Hedo. But I would say one cannot compare Hedo with Desire, there are 2 very different style of resort.

For your information, there is Facebook group "Hedonism II".

3. Donald

Donald Devil's advocate Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 2

4. RayParis6

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Thank u. That helps a lot!! We are confused.

5. suncouple14

suncouple14 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0
    Hi, we are a married couple age 44 and have been to both. Two completely different vacations. Hedo is for no holds barred, raunchy, uninhibited partying. The rooms and accomodations are very basic. People go there for the party. Period. You are on Negril Beach which is a positive, but where the resort sits, the beach and water is terrible. If you guys want a fun party day and night, go to Hedo. Now, if you want a more upscale, classy, nice accomodations, great service, go to Desire. Once again the beach/water at this part of the Riviera Maya sucks, but our experience with the food, accomodations and partying was perfect for us. We will probably be back at Hedo some day because it is a fun place. But Desire for us was a lot nicer and the partying here was more our speed (if you know what I mean). So, you can't go wrong with either one, you just have to pick which one is more right for you. I can guarantee one thing...No matter which one you pick, your going to have a blast!

6. RayParis6

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Thank u for the info. Starting to think TTR might be best with a referral. What's ur opinion on that?

7. Sheridan&Ginger

Sheridan&Ginger Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0
    Don't be confused. Book Desire RM and be confident that you made the right choice. At the end of the day both TTR and Hedo are slammed by those that favour the other. It is very rare indeed that somebody says something negative about Desire.

By the way. We were TTR diehards until our first trip to Desire. We've since been ten times in two years.

8. Darin & Melissa

Darin & Melissa Mayor and 1st Lady of Octoberbreast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +157 / 0
    We can truly say the same thing. No TTR is someplace fun to go with our group of friends but we can't fathom going to it over Desire.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice