Best way to book Desire?

Discussion in 'Desire Resort' started by honeybee, Dec 31, 2015.

1. honeybee

honeybee Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Looking to book our first trip to Desire and wondering what is the best way to book. I know with booking Temptation, the prices can vary a large amount at different websites but that doesn't seem to the situation with Desire. Thanks.

2. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    We have always booked through cheaptickets.com but orbitz and Expedia have deals too. All of the above take a certain % off the price. Then cheaptickets has additional promo codes you can also apply to the discount. And Desire runs buy 3 get the 4th night free promotions that carry over to the discount sites. That is how you get 500+ rates down to around 400 and occasionally down to 300.

3. AlanK

AlanK Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Also try trivago

4. honeybee

honeybee Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the help

5. Royce54s

Royce54s Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    In August we were at TTR and a woman there told us that twice a year that DP and DRM ran a sale. Any info on that ? Thanks. R

6. Cheers2US

Cheers2US Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +617 / 2
    Over Black Friday/Cyber Monday weekend, I was checking Trivago, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripAdvisor, Hotwire and Expedia religiously for rates at Desire RM for March 2017 I kept getting results of $570 to $678 per night (before taxes)

Yesterday, I tried Trivago again, and found a rate at $532/night (with Amoma) Eager to capitalize on the lowest rate I'd seen I booked it then and there. I checked the rate about 7 hours later and it had fallen to $464/night! I emailed the company to see if they could adjust my booking to the new rate without penalty. They replied they could/would not. Their cancellation fee is $60 I figured, for 2 nights, I'd save about $90 after the cancellation fee. $90 is $90... not a jackpot, but it would help pay for shuttle, some tips, etc

So I started booking again, same resort, same dates, but now at a slightly lower rate. Before I could finish booking, I had to step away from the computer and get my kid ready for school (we have a real life, too)

About an hour later, I got a phone call from Amoma asking if I wanted to complete my booking. I said I was thinking about it. The rep offered me a 4% discount, saving me another $40+ (cha-ching)

All in all, it took a little effort, some hassle, some hindsight, some luck but I was able to score 2 nights at Desire for $1034 including taxes

7. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Don't forget if you book through the links on this site which take you direct to the hotels booking page you'll get free airport transfer added in for bookings of 3 nights or more.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice