Jen & Kyle Desire RM May 2015 Trip Report

Discussion in 'Desire Resort' started by Jen&Kyle, Jul 9, 2015.

1. hot_2_trot

hot_2_trot Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Kyle, thanks. We've booked our flight for Feb. thinking of 4-5 nights at TTR and 3-4 at RM. I'll have to have you remind me how you don't have to reserve pool chairs bc as you know at Pearl, we were always told the chairs were all gone. Is the dance club air conditioned?

2. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    Well I would hate for you to have a poor time like your Pearl experience so I will warn you and say Desire RM is much more like Pearl than it is TTR. I think u 2 will like RM more than Pearl due to the fun factor but it also isn't as nice facilities wise so you might have that same value issue you communicated in your trip report.

As for the chairs, we never had an issue at Pearl, and it wasn't much of a trick, just talking to the pool host Jared which I think would of done it alone (maybe we didn't have the same capacity issue as you did) but then tipping him $20 the first day I believe resulted in him looking out for us and being sure we always had our preferred spots later in the trip when it got more crowded. You will see later in this report that we ran into a capacity issue at RM Friday but he remembered us and found us a special spot :) So sadly the key is both making the personal connection and $ or I guess arriving early which we don't do :)

Yes, the disco is air conditioned. The lobby patio area where they have about half the events is not. More open air than patty o's but it still got hot.

3. IDareU

IDareU Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 1
    Kyle - Thank you for the trip report!

You mentioned numerous times in your trip report that is was: no pressure, laid-back, everyone was respectful, people just understand, great conversation, people are more relaxed.

The answer as to why - there are no singles there and everyone booking Desire knows what they are getting into.

It gets real tiresome of always being on-guard at Temp whether it be the sexy pool, the disco, or Paty'Os. It's sad when you must monitor your drink, walk your wife to a restroom, and yell at the creepers with cameras 24/7.

Cheers and glad you enjoyed RM.

4. Darin & Melissa

Darin & Melissa Mayor and 1st Lady of Octoberbreast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +157 / 0
    There are plenty of aggressive married guys out there too. We experience them all the time at local LS clubs in our area. But it is nice to hear that most are laid back at Desire.

5. J4

J4 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Awesome tip report(s) Kyle! We went to Pearl last year and want to hit RM this year but it was full the week we are available. Looking forward to another beautiful week at Pearl!

6. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    Thanks! We love them both. I am working on the October trip report and am almost done. Since I never finished the May one I want to finish first and then start posting this time :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice