Ocean Maya Royale vs GOLDEN PARNASSUS

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Webcpl10, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Webcpl10

Webcpl10 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wife and I are looking to book a trip the first week in September. Can anyone tell us what resort is nicer and which one would be the most fun. We looking for a place to relax but at the same time have a great time. Any help is greatly apperciated.

2. SONoftheBEACH

SONoftheBEACH Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I can not speak of GP beacause I have not stayed there. OMR is nice but I would only consider it average at best but staff was very friendly. If the beach is important to you I would stay somewhere else. As far as nite time activities they were very limited and the whole resort went to bed early every night. If there are specific questions I can answere feel free to PM me.

3. Webcpl10

Webcpl10 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Not sure if you got the PM I sent to you. We are open for any suggestions or recomendation you have for us.

Thanks

4. scampty

scampty Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    We have stayed at both the GP and Ocean Maya Royale. We enjoyed our stay at both of these resorts but if we had to choose between the two we would choose the GP. The beach is much nicer, better food, and more things going on in the evening. OMR had better pools and we like the layout better as there is more of a feel of a resort type setting but it is more laid back and the beach was poor. On the plus side for OMR you can walk about a half mile down the beach to the left to tres rios and this beach is terrific and soemthing that you would never see in Cancun.

5. binkyfay1963

binkyfay1963 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    We have booked at Ocean Maya Royale as a change of pace. We are going down with 8 people. Normally we go to Temptations (our FAVORATE) Resort. Due to the fact that some of the people we are going with are a bit conservative and their first vacation out of the USA is the main reason why we picked this resort.
    Can anyone tell me if this compares to Temptations if at all?
    Thanks, Brenda

6. breedlove711

breedlove711 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +78 / 1
    Not sure if you ever got a response to this or if maybe you have already taken your trip...We stayed at OMR in March 2014. We had a great time. There is an amazing lagoon about a 15 minute walk up the beach. It is a quiet resort. Not really any night life but there is a 24 hour bar in the lobby. We made friends and had a great time. The food, staff, and rooms were good. Beach was ok and it didn't bother us that it wasn't the best. PM me if you have any other questions!!!

~Patty

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice