Jen & Kyle Desire RM May 2015 Trip Report

Discussion in 'Desire Resort' started by Jen&Kyle, Jul 9, 2015.

1. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    Thanks for the compliments. I am trying hard to not let this drag on too long but life takes over. The next entries should be shorter as I put a lot in that first day. We are on the jersey shore beaches next week so I should be able to finish it then.

2. vacationfun2

vacationfun2 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +346 / 1
    Enjoy the ocean and get busy, lol. We need to decide if the "ritz" is worth the extra cash.

3. Darin & Melissa

Darin & Melissa Mayor and 1st Lady of Octoberbreast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +157 / 0
    Keep up the good work Kyle. We are getting excited for our split trip in October.

4. SurfCat

SurfCat Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Please don't shorten them. We like to savor every detail.

5. Nikki&Ira

Nikki&Ira Secretary of Octoberbreast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +921 / 6
    Kyle, we need another instalment! We keep check and checking....I need to convince my dear husband to go to RM next year :)

Nikki

6. dave6868

dave6868 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    I just spent the last few days reading that entire thread, we want to do 5 days at TTR and then 3 days at Desire RM during the last week in March.. It is very expensive now, I hope the prices will drop around December, they did for TTR last year.

7. Jen&Kyle

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    Sorry, I stink. I have the next day written out in my notes in my iPhone. Just need time to switch. Been a fun summer on several levels but too busy. I will likely do it on the train to the phillies game tonight.

8. Jen&Kyle

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    Wednesday may 27th

Wednesday may 27th
    One thing I love about the Desire properties is I can wake up when I want and I don't have to worry about poolside seating like at TTR. We woke up around 10am and did the breakfast buffet. The buffet closes at 11am so there is no need to rush off to breakfast when u wake. In addition to traditional American breakfast items there are several Mexican options. And they always have the hot sauces out (jalapeƱo, habanero and something else). I love adding spice to my meals. Jen always enjoyed fresh chips and guacamole. Something that surprisingly hasn't always been easy for us to find at TTR (although I do believe this has gotten better based on more recent reports). In addition to the buffet they have a made to order grill with everything you can imagine and you can order a la carte from your waiter. The bfast setup is almost always next to the pool bar in the open air next to the water. One day a week they move it inside for some reason. Maybe cleaning?

Before breakfast we would stop by the towel hut daily. The pool host remembered me and sat us in the same cabana as Tuesday. I tipped him $20 again as for some reason having a nice partially shaded, partial sun cabana in a good location is a big deal for us. I still can't help stressing about missing out on something in the prime pool area although the days are not as action packed as TTR and the ratio of seats to guests in the prime area is much better. Anyway, on Wednesday there were still seating options of every type available at 10am.

After breakfast we would head to the beach gazebo where they would have yoga daily. Could never imagine doing yoga at Ttr but it just seemed like the right way to start your day at Desire. Maybe I am getting old and losing my party edge? Naaaah. As you will soon see :)

After yoga I fit in some beach volleyball in the 90 degree heat while the mrs worked on her naked tan :) Some people say they don't find nakedness hot. Well while I do understand how the tease can be hot with some sexy minimalistic clothing but there is something extremely exhilarating about seeing your significant other naked in the sun and now we both prefer it. I still get all worked up when I see her lying naked by the pool (get your mind out of the gutter, not worked up in the way you may be thinking, no flag poles ha). I will however add though that nakedness and beach volleyball is not a good mix lol. I always put a suit on but some care not too. I feel like I have come a long way with nakedness and agree with the thoughts that it is just natural and after a little while you start to not even notice all the naked people. But I just can't get over flopping/bouncing oscars on the volleyball court. I am sure it isn't surprising that I did no diving during this game and did a great job staying in my assigned space on the court lol. I wish others would of done the same. I didn't play beach volleyball the rest of the week needless to say. At pearl almost everyone, if not everyone would put on a suit for beach volleyball but for some reason not this week. Depends on the crowd I guess. No biggie.

Lunchtime brought an amazing, I mean amazing, seafood papaya cooked fresh on a grill poolside. So convenient to walk 30 feet and get the papaya or what you want from the lunch time buffet and head back to your pool side seat. After lunch back to lounging in the sun. Have I mentioned yet how important it is to have your wife apply and reapply lotion for you to all body parts? After all you can't apply the lotion directly or it may look like you are playing with yourself, right? So I make sure my wife applies the lotion hourly, can't be too safe. One of my favorite parts of every day :). The rest of the afternoon brought some pool volleyball, some drinks at the pool bar and socializing with our friends from the night before. Back to the jacuzzi in the evening. Definitely the place to be from 5-7. Good opportunity to meet people in a happy hour type environment. For dinner we tried hibachi at the sushi restaurant. Must make reservations for this one and early as the hibachi tables at the sushi restaurant always sell out. But we got to know one of the butlers pretty well and gave him a nice tip when he took our bags to the room and would stop to chat with him for a while whenever we passed by sharing how much we loved the butlers we met during our stays at pearl, and of course he was very familiar with them. It seemed from then on whenever we saw him he would go out of his way to help us and make sure we were happy. I feel horrible forgetting his name, I blame this on waiting two months to finish the report, I think Luis? Maybe one of the regulars can verify I have that right. Anyway, even though we were not in one of the suites like at Pearl he still went above and beyond. For example, seeking us out each day to see where we wanted to eat that night and making the reservations for us. Typically you have to make the reservations in the main buffet restaurant each morning but we never had to do this due to his help.

Absolutely loves the hibachi! Definitely be sure you get in for one night. The perfect mix of fresh veggies and substance (steak for me) to refuel for the night to come. The hibachi tables are small 4 person tables so not for big groups and more intimate. At least our table was for 4. Possibly the second table in the back sat 6? We also ordered some sushi and were pleasantly surprised, and enjoyed it. Being honest, we had low expectations for sushi in Mexico. We also enjoyed a nice bottle of wine we brought with us from home with dinner and finished in time to make it to the nightly show. Wednesday's was in the open air lobby area. It was the anything goes night but our activity sheet was somehow old so we wore white neon. No one seemed to care. We are go with the flow people and just went with it. Some crazy, and I mean crazy tiny skimpy hot outfits. You really can wear anything and expose anything you want for the evening shows or disco at Desire. No decency police telling you to cover up. But it is important to note that almost all outfits were more about sensual sexy and mostly not slutty. Nothing wrong with slutty lol but just trying to paint the right picture so everyone can imagine the atmosphere. Many of the ladies were in theme or in skimpy sexy club wear. Some guys in theme, others dressed nicely in club wear. So a more upscale feel than Ttr, more participation in the themes by both ladies and guys (similar to pearl in this regard) but of course on a smaller scale than Ttr. ***Note, I am sure participation depends on the crowd each week though.
    Smaller resort so less total people. More space in their lobby bar area and less people at the resort creates less of that spring break party atmosphere than patty o's. Still nice, just different. Plenty of high tops and couches to sit at to watch the show. There was a couples sexy dance competition if I recall correctly. Was fun and got everyone socializing. We noticed some new couples hanging out. They came to say hi and informed us they were visiting from Pearl and that Pearl was completely dead. Pearl was willing to send them to RM apparently it was so slow. Didn't even bother to make them pay the fee to visit which is something like $150 per couple unless you do the timeshare presentation. Completely ridiculous in my opinion to charge a fee but I won't go on that tangent in this report. Covered it in my Pearl report linked above. So anyway, RM was like the party of the century to them and they really regretted their resort choice of pearl. Just shows how with resorts this small the people there when you are have a huge effect. We think of it as a high risk high reward situation. We joined them at the disco for some fun sexy dancing but before you knew it their shuttle was picking them up to go back to Pearl :( Felt like 'magic' was about to happen in the playroom lol but it wasn't meant to be. We really aren't playroom type of people anyway. So a tangent on that. The playroom is attached to the disco and is a little bit larger than Pearls. It is hidden off to the side through some curtains to the left of the disco bar and you wouldn't even notice it if you were not looking for it. If you enjoy exhibitionism or voyeurism then this may be the place for you. We are told everyone understands the rules and respects everyone's wishes but we wouldn't know from first hand experience as we didn't try it out. But if makes sense. Everyone we met at RM just kind of gets it. Relaxed, there to have fun, great conversation, and for the people that are looking for the additional adult stuff if it happens it happens. Nothing seems forced or in your face. For those that have never been I am sure you imagine it to be much more of a sex fest than what Desire really is. After the disco we decided to skip the jacuzzi and just have our own husband/wife fun in the room. I swear we have the best sex in the world on these desire trips lol. I think it is the combo of us both being sexually supercharged from being in the sun all day naked, the flirting, the hot outfits at night, sensual dancing etc and then the fact that we have both had a ton to drink, and I am sure some of you guys get this, which means we/I could just go for hours and hours, the combination results in some long late but very fun husband/wife time :) And with that I conclude Wednesday. Apologies for the delay in getting this installment posted.

9. Tarzanjane68

Tarzanjane68 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +63 / 1
    Thnx for the excellent and detailed report! We visited both DRM as Pearl and will be newbies to TTR in 4 weeks.

10. Jen&Kyle

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    Thanks. Reliving the experience has me looking at booking a last minute trip labor day weekend or officially booking Columbus weekend. Good times.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice