Recent Changes

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Todzilla, Jul 7, 2015.

1. Todzilla

Todzilla Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We will be making our 4th trip to TTR in about 3 weeks. In fact, the first couple trips we made in 2005 and 2006 the resort was still called Blue Bay Getaway (BBG). However, we haven't been to TTR for about 5 years and I know there have been some changes. For example, when first started going there wasn't many nightly activities at the resort and the resort encouraged people to go out to the clubs/bars at night. Now it appears with activities planned every night and different themes, that has changed. Also, at one point bubba mugs were outlawed but now it appears they are allowed again.

Can someone please tell us about any other changes to TTR in the last few years?

Thanks.

2. lmcjdw

lmcjdw Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    We were there April 2015 and we used our bubbas everyday..Why would they not allow your own cups there..Don't make any sense if they would not allow them..We also stayed on the resort every night and did theme nights at Paddy O's..Was a blast..Enjoyed our stay there..

3. Guido and Blondie

Guido and Blondie Paty'O Panty Patrol Registered Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    If you haven't already, I suggest you check in on the July or August (or both) roll calls, whatever fits your dates, and get to know some of the people that you will be going with. Also, find out what group (eg. Nakify July) will be there then and join that thread. The theme nights that TTR has are usually not as fun and creative as the themes that the individual groups come up with. Some nights, like lingerie night, are usually in sync with the resort.

4. Todzilla

Todzilla Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    As for the Bubba mugs, I think TTR prohibited them for a short time at one point because they said too much booze was being wasted. But the prohibition didn't last long, lol.

And yes we have checked in on the roll calls and are getting to know some people but thanks for the advise.

I hear one of the pools is now open 24 hours. Is this true? If so which pool is it?

Also, I hear rumors of a cigar lounge. Is this true?

5. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    1. The food is better.
    2. The people are better looking, I'm not kidding. I didn't say younger, just better looking. I think it's because people are really making an effort to look their personal best.

The above is not a big-person hating comment either, so that's not it. Lots of bigger but still WAY sexy folks at TTR, trust me!

6. Californiagirl

Californiagirl Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sports pool open 24 hours, cigar lounge has only been open once in 14 years of us going so I'm not sure about this. Bubba mug or any other kind of drinking container is better then what they have to offer at TTR.

7. jimnloli

jimnloli Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0
    Cigar Lounge sadly out of date and hardly used. What a waste. It could be a club within a club and a money maker too. What marketing idiot doesn't see the wasted opportunity? Unbelievable oversight of an existing asset

Bubba Mugs? We always packed our own! Some people thought we were selfish Americans but now the trend has caught on since nobody wants to keep running back filling Dixie cups!

They still will bus you out for activities if that is your thing but after you do downtown and all of that we will we be waiting for you at Patty-O's or the sports pool. The only down time is when you run out of gas and we suggest Breakfast with the Champions then pool side till we get the party started for the next day!

No need to leave the Lodge unless you just haven't done it before.
    PS Blue Bay was a better name and better times but oh well, Temptation still the best Party in Town!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice