Must see and must do....HELP!

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by larryrae, May 24, 2015.

1. larryrae

larryrae Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My girlfriends and I arrive Wednesday for 6 nights. What are some of the must see, and must do activities? One friend wants to see the Mayan ruins, possibly in tulum? No one really wants to spend an entire day on the chicheniza tour. We may also want to snorkel or visit Isla M or Cozumel. Any suggestions? Is the best place to buy tickets on the link on cancuncare.com page? We want to be safe, not get ripped off and still be able to do a couple tourist activities.
    Thanks!

2. kristinanddoug

kristinanddoug Cancun Party Expert Registered Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    Book the Jungle Tour through AquaWorld. You get to take either wave runners or speed boats out to a great snorkel place. The tours run about every hour, you could go directly to one of the AquaWorld centers and pay for your excursion on the spot, or pre-book it through a link. You could go to Isla Mujeres via the high speed ferry. It is about $17 per person round trip, with boats leaving about every hour. Also, consider going on the Captain Hook Dinner cruise, it is a fun time. Don't forget to go to Coco Bongo for a night as well. Pay extra for the best seats in the house, you won't regret it, plan on staying up til 4:00 am that night. And most of all, have fun!

3. Mike and Ang

Mike and Ang Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +188 / 0
    Booking through the links on CancunCare will be safe and it seems the Boobs Cruise is a must do activity for many who go every year.

4. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Useful comments. Here's some from me.

Isla Mujeres makes a great day trip: both locals and tourists love to visit it. Consider whether you'd want to get there by catamaran, rather than fast ferry, to add that experience to the day out. Renting a golf cart will allow you to tour the island as much as you would like, as it is just seven or so KM from one end to the other.

The ruins at Tulum are a good day trip, they are beautiful and well situated- on a cliff overlooking the sea. It takes two hours or less on site to see them thoroughly. Tulum has some of the most beautiful beaches around, as well, so value can be added by spending some time on them. A stop on the way back at Playa del Carmen for an evening of strolling around could be another way to add value to your day out.

I would take Cozumel off the list of things you're considering: it just doesn't have enough unique attractions to make it worth the time, when you have just six days to work with.

5. FranKels

FranKels Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Any recommendations on a nice romantic dinner spot for the trip back? Looking to add a night of romance into the week of partying!

6. williamandona

williamandona Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wife and are are newbies coming to cancun 6-11. Want recommendations on things to do during the day and hot fun at night. Celebrating our 3rd anniversary so keep that in mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. FranKels

FranKels Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Do buses run to Tulum? Or gotta take a cab? One other question....what's the travel time to Tulum? Have to make the most of every minute!

8. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Buses run from the ADO station in Cancun directly to the ruins for 138 pesos, one way. The journey takes exactly two hours.

Getting to the bus station here can be a matter of catching bus R1 from the hotel zone, getting off just opposite the station on Av Tulum. Ask the bus driver to let you off at ADO, or consult a Google map before you set off. (Landmarks for the place to get off are that you reach a traffic circle, then pass a supermarket on the right: ahead you will see the only pedestrian flyover in the city, and you want to get off just before it, if possible. Crossing it takes you to the ADO station.)

To check the schedule of intercity buses, click here Autobuses ADO Tickets can be purchased online, in advance, which would be a good idea if you could manage it because these buses can sell out.

If you miss the buses running directly to the ruin (there are two each morning, one at about 8:45 and the other at about 9:45 AM) you can also take a bus to Tulum, then a taxi from the bus station to the ruins. Taxi fares for this run will be fixed and probably posted. If not, ask someone in the station. No need to pay more than the published fare.

After seeing the ruin you could take a taxi to the beaches, if you wished. It's not far and a taxi will not be expensive. Get back to the bus station the same way.

From Tulum you can take a bus to Playa del Carmen. Cost: 62 pesos. Get back from Playa by bus for another 60 pesos. Check the schedule so you don't miss the bus back. Get back by 11 or so and you'll be able to catch a bus back to the hotel Zone (R1) from near the ADO station. If not, you can take a taxi.

Taxi fares into the hotel zone from the ADO station are fixed, if you need to take one. They are based on how far into the zone you have to go. There should be published fares at the ADO station, if you happen to get back later than we're talking about now. The taxi stand there is official, and you'll be able to find the fares posted, or ask a supervisor.

Last edited: May 27, 2015
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice