Malibu Strings Issue

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by SD_Couple, May 20, 2015.

1. SD_Couple

SD_Couple Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +373 / 0
    Has anyone here ordered from Malibu Strings and had issues with customer service and orders not being shipped?

I placed an order on 5/1/15 and as of today I have yet to receive that email saying my order was shipped and tracking info. I spent 200.00 with them which for me is a lot of money to not have any info on my order. I've reached out to them as their email states to and I keep getting what seems like BS stories.

First I emailed and they emailed me back and only provided a number no explanation as to why I didn't receive the your order has shipped email or a date as to when my order shipped. SO I tried to track the package... nothing, the number isn't a valid tracking number and doesn't work. So I called the number to the factory and talked to someone who called me back and told me USPS no longer offers tracking on 1st class mail and there is no way to track where my shipment is, but that my shipment went out last week and should be here.

But then a friend who ordered after I did has received today her email saying her order was shipped and was provided a tracking number that works.... SHOCKER. The person at the factory had no customer service skills what so ever so I don't really want to talk to him again, but there is no other number I can call to get a hold of any one. I've emailed back the person who sent me the email with the fake tracking number but have yet to hear back...

I'm really worried and mad that this has happened and am just wondering is there anyone out there that has a suggestion on what I should do. I have 3 weeks till I'm getting married which we are coming on the 14th to TTR for our honeymoon....

2. Rick

Rick Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +176 / 0
    call back and demand a supervisor and then his/her supervisor!!

3. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,176 / 7
    I can't really say anything for Malibu strings. But I know when I order things from Pac Sun they have two ways to ship them.

1. Standard UPS - tracking number right away, it works, stuff shows up 2-3 days
    2. Cheaper Shipping via mail - starts with UPS, then goes to my post office, then gets delivered by my mail man. The tracking number i get for these, normally do take a extra day or two before I can track it, then after the tracking is normally off. These packages can take 7-10 days.

Sounds to me like they missed your order last week, then sent it out, but used option 2. Hopefully your stuff will come in this week.

4. ajay

ajay HnH Repeat Offenders Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,376 / 0
    I order from them a lot and never had an issue. When I order something, it does usually take 2-3 weeks to get. I would wait a few more days. If you don't get the items, maybe Steve can offer his advice since MS makes his Boobs Cruise bathing suits.

I checked my USPS tracking number from my order in March and it worked fine.

5. Mister Dr Jane

Mister Dr Jane Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +181 / 0
    Order processing and shipment times with Malibu Strings and WW are definitely not what we have all become accustomed to with Amazon. I would say that is to be expected as it seems like Malibu Strings custom make some orders. They also seem to get busy every time they run a big sale, which pushed order times out a bit.

We have had good luck with emailing them when we had to do a return or had questions. I just talked to Jenny last week with a request and the positive response was awesome. I really liked dealing with MS is seems as though they are a smaller company that seem to care about quality and customer service. It seems like you likely want to order a size larger than your standard size from VS.

I tried a special request from WW and got a canned email response that said they would pass off the request to the design team for consideration. Jenny was all over it and hopefully Dr Jane will be the first owner of a new color.

I hope she doesn't mind me posting her email (Steve remove if needed), but try jenny@malibustrings.com and see if she can help you.

6. Lisa and Darrell

Lisa and Darrell Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I was going to recommend Jenny's email also. She usually emails me back quickly and has always taken care of things quickly :)

7. Gene & Stacy

Gene & Stacy Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    Hmm, We have a return so I will let you know what happens. It did take a long time to get her order. The suit was expensive and a real disappointment but that could happen with any company. I am not expecting issues but will let you know.

8. SD_Couple

SD_Couple Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +373 / 0
    Jenny is the one who responded to my email originally, providing me with a tracking number that didn't work. I also asked why I hadn't received an email that my order has shipped and she wasn't able to provide an answer as to why I didn't receive one but that my order should have shipped last week.

I've ordered from them in the past and had no issues and I wouldn't be so overly irritated if it wasn't less than a month away from my wedding and the fact that I spent 200 bucks with them( which I know is not a lot of bathing suits... but it's still a lot of money)

I'm okay with if the order was going to take longer to finish... but the fact that they say my order has been shipped but haven't provided me any information about the shipping as to which date and what not is what has me mad.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions!!!!

9. butterfly_effect

butterfly_effect Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    Hey guys,

First, we do support MS. We've ordered before and have ordered recently with success.

If you are looking to escalate, the company is owned by :
    Tor Sweeney --- email: tor@malibustrings.com
    Odette Christiane LLC & Malibu String bikini Company
    21521 Blythe Street
    Canoga Park

I found him on a quick search on LinkedIN and Facebook as well. Associated with MS on both.

Good luck! Get those bikinis and have a great honeymoon!

10. summerbum

summerbum I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +738 / 0
    I wonder if I have your bikinis!!!!!

I ordered one blue bikini from them earlier this month. After two weeks, my package arrived (yes, I had confirmation and tracking, so that was a lie.)

But the package had the wrong order in it--THREE suits, but none of them mine (and, unfortunately, the wrong size).

I contacted them and arranged to send these back after I got my order and they credited me for the shipping fees. Jenny emailed and said to keep them. Then, I got another email today asking for them back!

So, whoever is waiting for the black with pink polka dots top and bottom, sheer striped top and bottom, and sheer top with glitter stars...They're on their way back to Malibu strings tomorrow!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice