Property taxes

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by EspoOrr, Jan 23, 2015.

1. EspoOrr

EspoOrr Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Anyone know the address to go to for payment of property tax in Cancun? An answer would be nice; not one of my posts has received one yet.

2. SCMcons

SCMcons Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There are a number of places to pay, unfortunately the only one I remember right now is the Palacio (large city hall type building) on Ave Tulum.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
  3. Mike and Ang

Mike and Ang Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +188 / 0
    EspoOrr...do not be upset because you are not getting answers. There are a bunch of great people on this site who are happy to help. I believe the problem is most all are from the U.S. and Canada...so, like me, they simply do not know the answers to the questions you have asked. This is a site designed to help travelers with vacation questions and it is great for its intended use. Post a picture of yourself and ask a question about the resort and you will get plenty of responses.

Good luck with the new house and your move!

4. EspoOrr

EspoOrr Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks.

5. bt

bt Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    paid mine at transito by ball park off of kabah- had a small stand there

6. JeffandShannan

JeffandShannan Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi EspoOrr
    You can pay online at the link below; Foreign credit cards work.
    Sorry I missed this post... I usually check the Living in Cancun thread and have received lots of helpful tips and advice there. Also a good FB page to check out for similar info/advice; Cancun Expats and Friends

https://ingresos.cancun.gob.mx/index.php/pagar-predial/

Welcome to CUN!
    J@S

7. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Also, EspoOr, this type of info often gets more development in the "Living in Cancun" section of the forum, where property taxes are often referred to by the Spanish term used here, "predial."

There are also those who live here who have reached the age of 60 years, and have an INAPAM card: they can get as much as a 50% discount but must appear in person at the tax office to apply for the discount.

I had to go very early in December last year when things had not yet settled down to a smooth flow of work there, and here's how it went.

Confusion reigned when I went to pay. I spent two hours but finally got the result I was looking for. It seemed no one among the staff quite knew what it was that each of them was to do, or how things were supposed to go.

To get the INAPAM discount I had to get the attorney for the tax office to sign off on it.

I went with T.J. and we saw a way to make things go faster for those in a similar situation; that is, property titled in the name of the bank. The attorney sat at a desk in the main payment area and had a computer which allowed him access to the system: from this he could produce a bill which he, of course, approved! I benefited from his generosity and got a 50% discount on the full appraised valuation instead of a prorata discount. I think he felt sorry for me for having to do so much running around from one line to the next....

Worth adding, for those who don't have property here, the taxes are phenomenally low, in the hundreds of dollars, not the thousands of dollars each year.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice