Best place to book room only, Feb or Mar

Discussion in 'Desire Resort' started by naughtycouple25, Nov 30, 2014.

1. naughtycouple25

naughtycouple25 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey
    New here, just wondering the best place to book room only (we have discount flights).
    Looking at either Desire or RM.
    Which is better for younger crowd (we are late 20's early 30's)?

2. Cokewithlime

Cokewithlime Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +246 / 3
    Unlike Temptation, both Desire Pearl and Desire RM have a no discount policy on rooms - you will basically pay the same if you book direct with either property, book thru a TA or book via an on line agency.

It totally depends on the week as to age grouping, however I'd say for any given week, you are really on the young side of the curve for either property - if age matters to you - it's not a large issue to most that attend the Desire properties

3. iowa farmers

iowa farmers Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +995 / 10
    We have had good luck with all our travels, air and hotels in Mexico thru Orbitz. Our research into both properties have us excited to try Desire Pearl mid March..

4. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    Cheaptickets.com. Paid $333 a night in October and around $400 in May. Way below the rack rates. This coming may we are tentatively booked for pearl at $345 a night and at RM for $420 a night. Both thru cheaptickets. When booking pearl be sure to do it in 4 night increments as it is buy 3 get the 4th free. Also apply the coupon code which rotates. Today it was 25% off. Tomorrow it goes back to 20%.

5. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    If you book through links on cancuncare then I set you up with free airport transfers if you book 3 nights or more.

Like Cokewithlime says you wont find a lot of variation among different providers due to the no discount policy, only extra perks.

6. kevinb668

kevinb668 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Kyle would it be worth the extra to pay for ocean view instead of garden view at RM?

7. Jen&Kyle

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    Sorry, wayne (cokewithlime) or gogoblanco can probably better answer that one. We are going to RM for the first time in May. At TTR and pearl we always book the cheapest room and then upgrade thru the resort. We find that is the most cost effective way to get the nicer rooms. Of course you always have the risk that the nicer room won't be available but the cost savings is worth the risk and we so far have always been able to upgrade.

8. Cokewithlime

Ratings:
    +246 / 3
    Frankly, if you do it right - lol, we spend so little time in our room when we are there(other than to actually sleep) we normally just get one of the least expensive Garden View rooms and use any savings to get an extra day or two at the resort. fyi - The GV and OV rooms are the same size with the same amenities

If on the other hand you are looking to party with a lot of others and you can afford it get a Passion Suite.

9. Jen&Kyle

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    Our issue is time and not money. We have little ones so we have limited time to get away. So we end up spending more money on less days to try to maximize our experience since they are limited due to other responsibilities. We have only stayed in the Penthouses at Pearl and have had some pretty amazing parties that sure made the extra cost worth it :) Which reminds me of another question, how do the RM Passion Suites compare to the Pearl Penthouse Suites?

10. Cokewithlime

Ratings:
    +246 / 3
    Have been in both, IMHO not even close to what the Pearl Penthouse Suites offer.... with exception of the perqs that also come along with booking one of these.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice