When will Americans Learn?

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by Lenni & Jodie, Jan 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JessandRob

JessandRob Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Shootings yes...homicides no...his comment was any large city has dozens of murders each year

2. JessandRob

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Still a very low number of shootings for a city of it's size

3. jeff & deb

jeff & deb I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0
    Look up any Canadian City with a population of more than 500,00 and they have dozens of shooting victims annually

he didn't say anything about murders... shootings

4. JessandRob

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    2 lines above that

5. twinimini

twinimini I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +63 / 0
    When you look at US cities with strict gun control laws it becomes difficult to draw a conclusion that gun control works. Here in Buffalo, which is a relatively small city, there were over 62 homicides last year and the vast majority of them were by guns. Twice as many Americans have died in Chicago from gun shots as have died in Afghanistan. That is a city with very strict gun control laws. Brewster made a very good point that it isn't gun control which will reduce the violence, but a change in the culture that doesn't glorify violence.

6. Texasproud

Texasproud Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0
    I have been reading this thread, and even commented before. I must submit the following observation. Gun ownership and murder are in no way related to each other as it pertains to a gun owner murdering someone. You see I have no knowledge of any place where murder is not illegal. If laws would prevent murder, then we would have no murder. I bet that an acknowledgement of family values, the importance of fathers in the home, and other traditional values would be more valuable than the easy, media promoted anti gun argument we find here. It has been mentioned that the glorified violent culture is possibly a reason for the violence. Perhaps one should consider the root cause of a culture of violence. The devaluing of individuals and human life in general by a growing fatherless culture is somewhat to blame. The focus on guns is actually counter productive and I encourage all to put the effort into understanding the root cause of the violence we all abhor.

7. Guido and Blondie

Guido and Blondie Paty'O Panty Patrol Registered Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    I can't believe some one hasn't shot this thread yet. Sheesh!

8. jimnloli

jimnloli Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0
    It no doubt is better to live some other place where guns aren't so handy. The gun crime stats bear this out. This is the United States of America. Guns are everywhere. Everybody has guns. So what can be done about it? I tell you what you have to do. Go buy a gun. I have guns. I don't shoot people. Lots of Americans have guns Not too many shoot people. It sucks that a few people do. People that shoot people are cowardly little assholes. I hate them and think they should be shot. But meanwhile, we live in the United States of America and I live in Texas. We have guns. A whole lot of guns. There's nothing you or anyone else can do about it. Just try. Some cowardly asshole will shoot you. Which brings me back to my point. All you can do is go get one for yourself. To protect yourself. This is circular logic. By the way I think Canadians are cool. They have good looking women too.

9. Dani W

Dani W Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0
    Wow I hope the February shitshow doesn't turn into a worldwide political gun debate...I just wanna have fun. Lmao and don't worry my firearm permits don't carry over to mexico

10. SheikYerboottie

SheikYerboottie Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    "It no doubt is better to live some other place where guns aren't so handy. The gun crime stats bear this out. This is the United States of America. Guns are everywhere. Everybody has guns. So what can be done about it? I tell you what you have to do. Go buy a gun. I have guns. I don't shoot people. Lots of Americans have guns Not too many shoot people. It sucks that a few people do. People that shoot people are cowardly little assholes. I hate them and think they should be shot. But meanwhile, we live in the United States of America and I live in Texas. We have guns. A whole lot of guns. There's nothing you or anyone else can do about it. Just try. Some cowardly asshole will shoot you. Which brings me back to my point. All you can do is go get one for yourself. To protect yourself. This is circular logic. By the way I think Canadians are cool. They have good looking women."

Sorry, I gotta disagree with ya on that one pardner. Approximately 12 days ago there were 14 homicides in the city of St Louis within a 72 hour span, gangstas' punks, wannabee's, including the execution style murder and robbery of the night audit manager at the Drury Inn, which is like less then 2 miles from my home. I don't like guns in general, especially handguns which no one uses to hunt with, and are specifically designed to kill people, stronger gun control, especially here. What used to be solved by a fist fight 30 years ago, is resulting in people getting their freaking heads shot off~more guns on the street, more murders. Ferguson will take many, many years to heal, the kid punched that cop, and was wanted in a strong arm robbery 90 minutes prior, was 300#'s, and I stand with the cops. There has been a spike here in the entire city and it SUX. There were multiple gunshots every night of the riots in all the bad areas of town, and some areas here are worst then east Philly, that's BAD. I think it's great that since the cops started putting videos of the looters on the news here they are already over 20+ arrests and issued warrants, the criminals are apparently getting ratted out by relatives~~even better is there is now mentions of rewards!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice