Desire Condition Question

Discussion in 'Desire Pearl' started by J4, Jun 22, 2014.

1. IDareU

IDareU Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 1
    We returned from our worst rip ever at TTR in early December after not being there for 14-months - much of it had to do with the crowd & Weather.

Our Butler's at RM we're every bit as good as Damian & Luis at TTR and took care of our numerous requests -

Dinner reservations nightly at RM, we alternated between the Asian & Italian restaurants. Just find your Butler in the morning and they will take care of it. Food quality, I hate to say it but Breakfast & Dinner is only marginally better than TTR. Lunch is much better at Desire as the grilled food options, fresh ceviches, made to order tacos are really good. And late night BLT's at RM are the best.

Beach side service was a bit slow for drinks at RM, Pearl was much faster and the Premier crew at TTR are the finest bunch of people and your drink never goes empty.

We had a Deluxe Garden at RM - I think all the Garden View rooms are on the 2nd floor now and they are much smaller than the Deluxe rooms. The room pictured above was very close to our room - we were missing the rugs and everything was a bit worn down as those photos posted above are when the room was new and refurbished and never stayed in.

The Pearl rooms are just overkill - they should allow 4 people in some of those rooms for as huge as they are.

TTR is a 2-2.5* Resort -
    RM is a 3 - 3.5* Resort
    Pearl is a 3.5* Resort -

At $450 a night for Desire it's still cheaper than almost all the luxury hotel offerings, offers better entertainment for the for the trade off off better food in our opinion.

2. RayParis6

RayParis6 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    TTR needs a makeover. The AC is horrible and so is the staff

3. RayParis6

RayParis6 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Nice. Looks really nice.

4. GoGoBlanco

GoGoBlanco Banned

Ratings:
    +255 / 2
    Not so much December 2013 when we had that room, and 3 inches of water....good job the bed is on a plinth.......no resort is perfect, no not even TTR, but we love that, and it's wonderful staff, too...:daisy:

5. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,628 / 4
    I like were this is going....

[media=youtube]4wrL9z3Kvww[/media]#t=0m29s

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2017
  6. vers111

vers111 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    We had a junior suit at Pearl and we loved it, as Donald said there is no comparison between TTR and Pearl obviously you get what you pay for 200 as compared to high 500 per day. Non of them are dumps and you have to enjoy what you get, if not then... oh boy its going to be a long miserable vacation for you...:pcwins:

7. vers111

vers111 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    PS. we also have few pictures of Desire pearl if you would like to check them out...

8. Playcations

Playcations Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +65 / 0
    We were in RM in January. Everything was outstanding!

9. LadynTramp

LadynTramp I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +420 / 6
    Lots of rumors out there. DRM....... needs an overhaul. We were told when we booked this trip (home this evening) that DRM will be undergoing a major renovation in the near future! Same sort of cryptic message we started to hear about TTR5-6 yrs ago.. DRM needs it (runs for cover).........lol. I asked Steve about it......he said he was in tune with DRM.....and to ask around here.

I know 3 people that will disagree vehemently........stay tuned...

10. BnK

BnK Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,159 / 0
    DRM does have to upgrade for catch-up due now to match closer to TTR and Pearl with room decor.

Perhaps a new resort as planned and leave RM behind could be an option.

RM roof top hot tub and 2nd floor disco need more than an update, would love to see access and ground level.

Looking forward to new and improved however it arrives.

Mgmt tried to charge us for a lunch request of some simple grilled shrimp last time we were there for two nights. We laughed knowing that Pearl and the beach barbecue etc was only a few days away. New mgr I think but still an odd approach to all inclusive & yup we are members.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice