Hotel Occupancy

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by peter_avg_joe, Oct 13, 2014.

1. peter_avg_joe

peter_avg_joe Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Friends,

how the hotel occupancy is going to be between last week of October till first week of November? I know it is Halloween weekend but not sure how busy it will be in Cancun?

We're staying at Grand Oasis.

Last time we were there, it was good time but the crowd was too low. I can barely count like 8 people at the pool. It got to the point where nothing was going on at the hotel because of low occupancy.

Is that the same trend each year in October/November?

Thanks

2. Donald

Donald Devil's advocate Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 2
    Depends were you go , Temptations has been sold out for weeks

3. peter_avg_joe

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the reply. We're going to the "Grand Oasis".

4. wild1s

wild1s Naughty 'n Nice Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3,878 / 9
    Probably not a good choice. I'd recommend getting on a waiting list at Temptation.

5. peter_avg_joe

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sometimes I don't understand the tactics of these members who are big advocate of Temptations. I'm deliberately staying away from Temptations forum because I been to that hotel with my girlfriend and we both hated it. That hotel is filled with bunch of middle aged couples who aren't shy of getting naked by the pool. That is not a taste of all normal couples. Some of us want to go out there and relax while on vacation. That hotel doesn't offer ocean view instead it is offering lake view. I absolutely don't have no problem with Temptation resort itself but the visiting crowd of that resort is scaring people like me from revisiting it again with my girlfriend.

Now, I'm coming to the regular Cancun Information board asking simple question about Grand Oasis occupancy during the month of October/November and what I get in return? That choosing any other hotel over Temptation is a bad choice.

Seriously, the admin of this forum needs to be a better job at regulating this board. It's not like Cancun only has to offer Temptations.

In Cancun, there are many other things outside of that sleazy resort Temptations that normal people do enjoy.

6. Donald

Donald Devil's advocate Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 2

It was just an opinion , just like yours to stay away from TTR.
    TTR is not for every one .

''Sleazy'',,, ok I'll give you that ,, thats why we go

7. DK_Calgary

DK_Calgary Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +285 / 0

There is truth for sure that Temptations isn't for everyone. If it's not your style then for sure go elsewhere! At least you tried it and can rightfully say it's not for you.

This site s mostly pro-TTR people though.. LIKE US! I'm not aware of any other resort in Mexico other than TTR.. probably cause we won't go anywhere else now haha.
    :partyhorn:

8. scottydog

scottydog I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,124 / 2
    Ok...I'll give it a shot. October is the month where the chance of rain and hurricanes is at its highest. I think Cancun averages like 9" of rain during the month...so several days of a week long vacation may be rained out. If a hurricane or tropical storm is developing, there may be a chance the trip would need to be be cancelled. My former employer used to award a successful sales year with a 4 day October Caribbean trip...the weather was often terrible, but it was a free trip with co-workers and we partied like rock stars. I don't vacation often by choice in the fall because of the weather...and because I love to deer hunt in Wisconsin this time of year.

Most of us on CancunCare absolutely love Temptation because of the people, the staff, the Boobs Cruises, the party...and yes, the boobs. For a week or so, we can act like we're 21 and on Spring Break. If couples in their 30s, 40s, 50s and 60s have a party and some fun..and this offends you, that's a "you" problem, not a Temptation problem. If I were to go to Cancun in October...I'd go to a place with a party full of like minded partygoers...because we'd have an amazing time even if it rained constantly. Many people don't spend their hard earned vacation time when a lot of rain is a possibility...like you saw with 8 people in your resort's pool.

A resort where 8 people mill about and keep to themselves...and leave their tops on sounds pretty dull to me...which explains an empty pool in October. Without a guarantee of the sun or the ability to enjoy time outside, people find other things to do...that's why trips this time of year are lower priced and Temptation is packed...it's FUN...even if it rains.

Lastly...I won't call you a bore or a snob if you agree to quit referring to open minded friendly, topless party people and their home away from home as sleazy. Fair? If you decide one day to give Temptation another shot...relax and have fun. Make some new friends...it's really easy.

9. gabesz

gabesz Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ok you don't like temptations. We got that. No problem with that either. But I guess you enjoy the grand oasis better. We got that too. However grand oasis is spring break hell in March and what you see is the leftovers from that hell. The reason it's empty is that it's not a great resort. Most resorts are 70 plus percent full if not more for the end of October beginning of November. If you stay somewhere where there are only 8 people at the pool, I will give you a hint. It's not a good place to stay or its way overpriced compared to everywhere else. Find somewhere else to stay say a riu and you will enjoy it more. But maybe not since even at riu people let loose except they are not topless.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice