Thank you!

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by nchikk, Sep 8, 2014.

1. nchikk

nchikk Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We've never been to Cancun before and I feel like I have learned so much here. Thank you all for sharing your insight and educating me.

Just a couple of last minute things before we head out this weekend...

1. Tips...I guess tips of any kind are appreciated, but is tipping usually done in dollars or pesos?

2. Buses up and down the HZ...safe for tourists? Payment in pesos, I presume?

3. Currency exchange...where to go? I understand about ATMs, but I'm not sure I trust anything where I have to swipe or insert my card. A bank may not give as favourable a rate, but I'd feel better about handing them US$ instead of swiping a card. Any thoughts?

Again, I thank everyone so much. My first drink will be for all y'all. :ernaehrung015:

2. Donald

Donald Devil's advocate Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 2
    ,, Milagro Tequila (gold) for me thanks .

3. Nikki&Ira

Nikki&Ira Secretary of Octoberbreast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +921 / 6
    If you are from the US then I would just use USD. If you are from Canada or UK, might be better to convert to MXN. We took a bus, it was pretty cool. I felt safe, told the bus driver where we wanted to go and he stopped for us. I would suggest converting the money before you go (if you are going to convert it)

Nikki

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice