Similiar holiday destinations like cancun

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Raydaffurn, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Raydaffurn

Raydaffurn Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey I'm going my honeymoon in feb/march 2015 and I am looking for any places that are similiar to cancun.

I like the fact that everything is there you can party in clubs or smaller bars, loads of restaurants, you can go out the resort and lots of excursions and you can make it lively or a quiet holiday if you want. I also like the fact it's americanised as we're not into to go sightseeing

Problem I have is we have been to cancun numerous times so need to pick somewhere different but ideally want somewhere that can offer something similiar.

Me and girlfriend are in late 20's and although it's our honeymoon I don't want to just sit on a beach/hotel for 2 weeks, want do do go out party a bit go some excursions etc.

I know I'm not going to find anywhere exactly like cancun but looking for somewhere that ticks as much of the boxes as possible.

Thanks

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Puerto Vallarta has some decent nightlife, Cabo too but nothing like Cancun.... Punta Cana is ok too but not quite like Mexico.
    I have been to the Bahamas, Jamaica, and St. Lucia and none of those are any good off resort if your'e not doing excursions IMO.

Well, Jamaica, depends what kind of party you are talking about. I personally didnt' like off resort in Jamaica but you can find just about any drug you want...it's practically thrown in your face in Montego Bay.

3. Raydaffurn

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Of the three you mentioned, cabo San Lucas, Puerto Vallarta and punta Cana which best compares to cancun in regards to nightlife, going off site, excursions etc.

Also what size are they compared to each other/what has most to do?

I like to party but no drugs drink messes me up enough:icon_smile:

Cheers

4. JimKel

JimKel Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    You can go to Hawaii for 2 weeks, stay on Oahu and do island hoping or stay a few days at each island over your two weeks. We did it the first way. Good luck.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I vote stay in Mexico for Night Life. Prob Puerto Vallarta. Just FYI there is a large gay community there, its not overwhelming, but it's there. Still good nightlife though!

6. Bearlet

Bearlet Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +134 / 2
    Go South

Visit Playa del Carmen, 1 hour by bus South of Cancun. Nice, quiet, charming town. Still with nightlife, has CocoBogo club and many others like that.

7. Raydaffurn

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey thanks for the replies.

Think playa del carmen may be a bit too quiet to be honest and Hawaii too.

For Puerto Vallarta and cabos as it's the American spring break would that not be full of young American teens.

We want to go out and party but don't want it to be over-run with spring breakers.

Any other suggestions appreciated.

8. ToriB

ToriB Cancuncare Sun Care Advisor Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I never heard anyone say Playa was quiet. The nightlife is really great there. And I think daytime is ALOT better then Cancun… meaning more variety with the beach clubs.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So don't go to cabo during spring break? We go in December, Puerto Vallarta too, and I've never had an issue with spring break type crowds.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice