Warning !!!

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Yummmyxxx, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Yummmyxxx

Yummmyxxx Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0
    This post is a warning to people visiting Temptation Resort. A faulty shower door in our room led to a devastating accident. I slipped on the pool of water on our floor and fractured my tibia and fibula. Despite travel insurance, the hospital requested 30 thousand dollars cash for surgery to repair the fracture. I had to return to my home town to receive medical help.
    Temptation Resort representative from guest services, Jeanette Aguilar is avoiding correspondence and any responsibility.
    Has any one else experienced this total lack of responsibility ?
    Does any one have any advice for me ?

2. ajay

ajay HnH Repeat Offenders Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,376 / 0
    So sorry to hear this! I hope you are ok! We find that the floors in the rooms are always slick. I always lay towels down throughout the room and bathroom. They need to fix these types of problems!

That's really bad that TTR isn't working with you! Hope you heal soon!

3. soggytits

soggytits Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    wish you well soon hun

4. Justrob

Justrob Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +206 / 0
    That sucks. Ive experienced this at numerous hotels. I always put towels on the floor. Sucks this happened

5. IDareU

IDareU Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 1
    Sorry to hear this - but many people have been injured over the years and the resort will take no responsibility. Threatening them with a lawsuit or any action on your part will be met by a blank stare and laughter.

No point in wasting your time dealing with them, get yourself healthy and stay focused on that.

6. RobnSteph

RobnSteph Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +161 / 0
    That totally sucks! And your insurance company sucks too. I broke my back in Mexico, first call insurance company played stupid, so my buddy told the person to put someone on the phone who can make things happen. Then it all came together and gave the hospital a claim number to work with.

7. sonicview

sonicview Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sorry to hear that, wish you get well soon. Any hotel stay, I always use couple of towel on floor, but for TTR it is must.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. gottaski

gottaski Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +58 / 0
    people fall around the pools, in the hallways, and in the rooms all the time. we always put towels down from the shower to the bed.

9. Donald

Donald Devil's advocate Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 2
    Sorry to here that,, broken bones and a shorten vacation suck .

I always get extra towels from the pool boy, just for the floor.

I also bring 2 credit cards , one with a low limit for every day stuff , and another with a stupid high limit just for Mexico.

Refusal of care has been mentioned a few times on here, without prepayment.
    I guess the hospitals have been burned too many times by the insurance company's, so they want you too pay first and then you get reimbursed from your insurance company.

Hope you heal fast and get better.

10. breezesfan

breezesfan Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Had a very similar situation Dec of 2012, we were at TTR for 5 hours and my wife fell and broke her hand. Same as you we went (on our own) to a local hospital where the staff immediately refused our insurance. If I recall they wanted $5k to set her hand.

Hindight is always 20/20 and at 2 AM your not really hitting on but 3 cylinders, so my wife just said "lets, go home". Really the best thing to do. We were at CUN by 7 am and were on the 8:30 back to Atlanta. The real Hero was Delta airlines.

Our insurance was United Health Care, We called them later and they flatly stated that the insurance should have been accepted. We didn't feel like arguing at the time.

My wife and still laugh like hell when we get "yelled at" for assuming that just because the hospital was named "America Med" it was somewhat American insurance friendly !!! Yeah, right!!! One of mistakes you make at 2 AM.

The vacation was OVER as soon as she fell, no use in crying over "spilled milk." If your able, just head back home. Its just making the best of a BAD situation !!! Of course the ER Doc at Home told us "Be thankful it didn't go compound, it could have".

We also never heard anything from TTR, no "how are you", "hope you are Okay", "sorry this happened on your vacation".

I mentioned all of this to my lawyer on the phone. He said "don't even bother to come in for a talk", first time I ever heard him say that.

We just chalk it up to being one of the Dangers of going to Mexico rather than Florida or Paradise Valley. Every "silver lining does have a cloud behind it".

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice