GOV in August - Still adults only? Anything going on?

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Viva' started by herewego, Jul 28, 2014.

1. herewego

herewego Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I know GOV has never lived up to TTR for most on this board, and the vibe there was always a little "tame" for most here. I also understand it is changing to a family oriented resort on September 1st (I think thats the date)
    My girlfriend and I are planning a trip there in a few days (the first week of August).
    Is the changeover already in full swing? Do they still adhere to adults only? Will my girlfriend get nasty looks if she's topless in just a thong bikini bottom? She's never worn one before and just got one to try out.

Lastly, is there anything "adult" about the resort other than a topless pool? I've heard rumors of theme nights, a stripper pole, and some activities but from what I've read participation isn't spectacular, and I'm sure it doesn't help that they are changing from adults only in less than a month. We'd love to let loose a little bit, but I'm not expecting too much. With that being said, a few nights at a resort in Cancun won't be bad, no matter what the vibe is.

Thanks for any input. And yes, I know I'll be told to go to Temptations... But she likes the look of this resort and wants to book it, and she's the boss...

2. MinnesotaWoman

MinnesotaWoman Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You'll have to let us know how it was, when you get back. They may even move you to the Sens -- or, you may want to be moved there, or get a day pass and try it. (You can use the other Oasis hotels, but apparently they make you get a pass at the front desk first, rather than just showing up)

You're right - you'll be in Cancun, you are going to have fun no matter what!

3. StewKris2000

StewKris2000 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The changeover takes place on Aug 1(2 days from now). I would say that there will be no more topless/thongs since it will be a family resort owned by another company(Dreams). Dreams may have offered specials to good customers to try out the new resort, so there may well be a bunch of kids around. You'll have to let us know how it goes.

Since you are going after the changeover, they probably won't be able to transfer you to another Oasis hotel, like Oasis Sens.

Either way, have a good time. The beach is awesome at GOV - there aren't many better.

4. herewego

herewego Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Damn...that's odd that it would still be marketed as "Adults only" when booking. Not going to lie, I'm disappointed now. There's still time for me to switch the reservation to Oasis Sens. Funny though, when booking, it shows up as Oasis Viva all throughout August. In September it drops from all the travel websites and you can no longer book it as Oasis Viva.

5. StewKris2000

StewKris2000 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I may have mis-spoken. It seems that they are going to re-open as Dreams on Sept 1, not August 1. I must've mixed up the dates between when GOV closes and Oasis Sens re-opens as the replacement to GOV on August 1. Sorry to get you all upset!! Go to GOV, let the thong and boobs fly, and send GOV out with a bang!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice